15 replies to this topic

#1 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Just two screenies from testing mojmir's build.

Attached File  moj test 1.JPG   227.79KB   0 downloads

Attached File  moj test 2.JPG   167.73KB   0 downloads

Old style directives work just fine, splits and mirrors go astray. The second screenie is Robotic, uploaded in themes here. Compare this screenie tothe theme's original screenshot http://blackbox4wind...otic-by-pitkon/

Margins and other toolbar things may look weird, but that's only because the style was made based on XZero's 1.16 build. These can be easily adjusted.

#2 XZero450

XZero450

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCentral Wisconsin

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Start: 12:07 PM

Grabbed Robotic's Style

loaded blackbox with plugins

• SystemBarEx
  • bbKeys

Split gradients appear to render fine.

End 12:16 PM

Attached Files

#3 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:36 AM

Start: 12:07 PM

Grabbed Robotic's Style

loaded blackbox with plugins

• SystemBarEx
  • bbKeys

Split gradients appear to render fine.

End 12:16 PM

What BB build did you use? Please link me to it.

#4 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

i tried robotic and this is what i get:

Attached File  bb_Pete.png   1.55MB   0 downloads

#5 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

I get more or less the same results on the toolbar and the windows' labels. And colors change if you move the pointer over them or, say, switch desktops. Thanks, moj, I though something was wrong with my setup. Which only makes me wonder what setup Jon tested it on - although he didn't show the toolbar and the windows, just the menu which usually has no issues. So, the problem may lay with bbleanbar and bbleanskin?Also, bbi has no issues - which brings us back to bbleanbar and bbleanskin. Moj, do me a favor and unload bbleanbar. Use BB's native toolbar and let me know it it works better. Thanks! I also noticed there is no menu grip on the menu :( I don't think I want to give that up :)

#6 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

i dont think unloading bbleanbar helps, the problem with the colors is still there

for example my terminal behaves the same (wild colors when i mouse over it)

dunno where the problem is, but it does not seem to be in bbleanbar

#7 XZero450

XZero450

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

The gradients work. What plugins are the ones that have red 'squares'[Less the obvious menu]?

Attached Files

#8 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Jon, the gradients do NOT work. At least not the way I want them to be. Look again at the original theme screenie. These are NOT the colors I picked for the toolbar. And, like moj says, they change with mouse overs. Since the problem remains when using BB's native toolbar, bbleanbar is not the culprit, maybe the core is. Just a thought. What do you mean by plugins with red squares? These are bbleanskin's window grips.

#9 XZero450

XZero450

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:44 AM

Jon, the gradients do NOT work. At least not the way I want them to be. Look again at the original theme screenie. These are NOT the colors I picked for the toolbar. And, like moj says, they change with mouse overs. Since the problem remains when using BB's native toolbar, bbleanbar is not the culprit, maybe the core is. Just a thought. What do you mean by plugins with red squares? These are bbleanskin's window grips.

Here's the deal.. If the menu renders incorrectly then the gradients are broken, or at the very least.. incorrect. The menu's render with the exact gradient code of blackbox, where all the style items and everything style related is defined. There is no wiggle room with the menu's, no questions.. If you told me that I have the colors out of order in the menu's - I could fix that and would accept that..

Now for the real issue.....

A lot of plugins have their own gradient rendering code (Look at what I posted the other day(!): Post 7) which means that they need to be updated when you add colors, gradients, or anything style related.. or.. they need to be rewritten so they don't need these updates, like I had mentioned in my earlier post. The gradients ARE NOT broken, the plugins are broken. Now, I really don't care for bbLeanBar - which translates to not a very high priority for me, and I look at LeanSkin as something that will need to be rewritten for Windows 8 support. In either case I, or someone, needs to determine whether to fix these plugins for the short term, or long term..and I made no progress on either because I spent my evening proving the issues were not in the blackbox gradient code, but rather that the issues existed in the plugins.

#10 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

Here's the deal.. If the menu renders incorrectly then the gradients are broken, or at the very least.. incorrect. The menu's render with the exact gradient code of blackbox, where all the style items and everything style related is defined. There is no wiggle room with the menu's, no questions.. If you told me that I have the colors out of order in the menu's - I could fix that and would accept that..

Now for the real issue.....

A lot of plugins have their own gradient rendering code (Look at what I posted the other day(!): Post 7) which means that they need to be updated when you add colors, gradients, or anything style related.. or.. they need to be rewritten so they don't need these updates, like I had mentioned in my earlier post. The gradients ARE NOT broken, the plugins are broken. Now, I really don't care for bbLeanBar - which translates to not a very high priority for me, and I look at LeanSkin as something that will need to be rewritten for Windows 8 support. In either case I, or someone, needs to determine whether to fix these plugins for the short term, or long term..and I made no progress on either because I spent my evening proving the issues were not in the blackbox gradient code, but rather that the issues existed in the plugins.

Jon, BB's native toolbar is also part of the code like the menu, right? Well, that breaks too. In fact, the only build that works flawlessly at the core and with ANY plugin is your BlackboXZ 1.16. Maybe this should be a starting point to push BB further? As for systembarex, I would gladly use it instead of bbleanbar, but the irony is it's the only plugin that breaks under 1.16...

#11 XZero450

XZero450

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

You mean it breaks like this.. Renders identical to SystemBarEx?

Attached Files

#12 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Trying to find out what you did here... You changed my colorspitto and color1 colors, right? And then, what? Are there two bbleanbars and one systembar running here? And why the top one renders like that? Yes, the two bottom bars seem to be rendering fine.

#13 XZero450

XZero450

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

The list from top to bottom.

• bbLeanBar [Broken]
  • Blackbox.Toolbar.Enabled: True [Not broken]
  • SystemBarEx [Not Broken]

#14 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

Ah, I see. Then the culprits ARE bbleanbar and bbleanskin. I wonder why they work just fine with your 1.16 build. You probably did some changes and mojmir inherited them...

#15 XZero450

XZero450

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

http://blackbox4wind...x-builds/?p=525 <-- That's why.

#16 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Yes, I see... Well, good luck to you all! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users