55 replies to this topic

#1 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

No member list system is perfect and the one we use on BB4Windows is no exception. I mean it's easy for an Admin to declare which group each member goes to - members, VIP members, moderators and so on, a system based on experience and personal achievement_ but the Member Title remains vague.

I mean next to member title, we see "Newbie" which may be fine for a month or two, but after that each member should be known as an Artist, a Styler, a Themer, a Developer, and so on. Even VIP members get a VIP title, which says very little about what they are actually doing. Sed is a VIP but is an Artist, Paz is a VIP but is a Themer, zomby is a VIP but is a Styler (or whatever else would like to call himself) and XZero450, diabol and mojmir are VIP but they are Developers.

So, people, please tell us what you want to be added next to your Member Title. Must be rather short, no more than 10-12 letters, and must be either what you do in this community or what your mood and aspirations are. I mean "Themer" would do fine, but "Intellectual" is fine too, if it's you.

This goes for Newbies too - especially for Newbies. Tell us what you are.

I will have to add each one by hand, so please be a bit patient.

• Paz, cthu1hu, diabol and 1 other like this

#2 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

i call dibs on "Lazyass"

#3 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

i call dibs on "Lazyass"

Lol... I thought you'd go for Developer. Don't tell me it's the same thing :D

#4 Twottitdo

Twottitdo

Tech Minded

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Relative newcomer to the "boxes", a layman level Linux/MMO/anything technical hobbyist, ex US Army 84-92

#5 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

troll

I mean I act like a troll so troll is not bad

www.survivingmauritius.com

#6 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

Lol... I thought you'd go for Developer. Don't tell me it's the same thing :D

well, it's definitely not mutually exclusive :D

• pitkon and Paz like this

#7 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

troll

I mean I act like a troll so troll is not bad

how about... Mean Mechanic?

#8 technorati

technorati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

i call dibs on "Lazyass"

I LOL'd heartily

Not sure what I would have next to my name, for now Newbie seems about right. I've been at blackbox4windows for 5 minutes. so

yeah Newbie is appropriate. I love reading what developers write and enjoy the results of what they do but in real life I have a very small company which

fixes computer networks and computer related problems for SME's. I mess with Gimp and create wallpapers, I rice my desktop a lot

and all I know is that BB is the only windows shell that doesnt make me go purple in the face and start shaking my fist at the monitor.

Oh wait I know which title I would like.... Minimalist.... yeah that says a lot about me. I love minimal techno, minimal desktops and I

used to be a programmer back before dinosaurs roamed the earth. These days though the programmers talk a whole different language

and use tools I cant even find the time to look at. Some of the posts here are excellent it takes me ages to decode what on earth those mad

programmers are saying LOL

tl;dr

Minimalist

#9 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

Guess I'm a styler. Though I'm not making many styles these days.

I've made over 500 styles though, so there's that. One of these days I'm going to update a lot of them and upload theme here.

• pitkon likes this

#10 matteo

matteo

Developer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

hi guys

i'm a long time fluxbox user on linux, i've also made some fluxbox patches, i'm even in fluxbox changelog, wow when at work i was forced to switch from linux to windows i've searched for a window manager the most similar to fluxbox, so i started to use bblean.

now my evil plan is to add to bblean some vital features, typehead menu is the first (almost done)

• pitkon, Paz, Twottitdo and 3 others like this

#11 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

how about... Mean Mechanic?

It's funny but a few years ago I came up with this nick because I thought of me like a mean mechanic, you knows those small town mechanics that can't even write their name or don't know what's a forced induction (highly improbable but for the sake of demonstration) but can always fix your car. Yeah, mean mechanic is what I am.

I LOL'd heartily

Not sure what I would have next to my name, for now Newbie seems about right. I've been at blackbox4windows for 5 minutes. so

yeah Newbie is appropriate. I love reading what developers write and enjoy the results of what they do but in real life I have a very small company which

fixes computer networks and computer related problems for SME's. I mess with Gimp and create wallpapers, I rice my desktop a lot

and all I know is that BB is the only windows shell that doesnt make me go purple in the face and start shaking my fist at the monitor.

Oh wait I know which title I would like.... Minimalist.... yeah that says a lot about me. I love minimal techno, minimal desktops and I

used to be a programmer back before dinosaurs roamed the earth. These days though the programmers talk a whole different language

and use tools I cant even find the time to look at. Some of the posts here are excellent it takes me ages to decode what on earth those mad

programmers are saying LOL

tl;dr

Minimalist

:) there are some paradoxical thoughts here...minimal dinosaur newbie

I've made over 500 styles though, so there's that. One of these days I'm going to update a lot of them and upload theme here.

please do! since toxicana is down I can't well tell what's your original styles or the one I modded...it's easy to tell but I can't remember the original ones. After all you are with pete living repositories of styles.

#12 technorati

technorati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

glad you used "styler", if you had "stylist" it could have made it sound like you were a hairdresser

#13 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

i call dibs on "Lazyass"

:D Yeehay!!! Am a troll!!! and you are a lazyass :D

That's cool! Thanks Pete!

• Paz and diabol like this

#14 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

awesome :D

#15 hexdef101

hexdef101

Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

I suppose I'm an Artist. Though I do various and sundry neferious things, best left unmentioned.

#16 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:09 AM

I suppose I'm an Artist. Though I do various and sundry neferious things, best left unmentioned.

You are officially an Artist now :)

#17 hexdef101

hexdef101

Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

:cool:

#18 sed

sed

VIP

• Moderators
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

I wouldn't be able to call a developer a LAZYASS... I'm jealous of THOSE people!! :wallbash:

#19 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:32 AM

I wouldn't be able to call a developer a LAZYASS... I'm jealous of THOSE people!! :wallbash:

well, if i would put half as much time and effort into coding as others here put into their styles and graphics, well, let's just say we wouldn't need a poll :D

#20 digigamer

digigamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

I"m more of a hobbyist, ... :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users