266 replies to this topic

#221 Orhi

Orhi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

there are a few annoying bugs ive run into on windows 10

sometimes bbzero crashes and wont respond on launch, ive found to get around this i open an instance of bbzero and open another one so that it gives me the "blackbox is already running" message and after i close the previous instance it works again

on windows 10, sometimes some of the metro apps randomly appear in the bar without me launching them and i have to close them

i cant seem to add ApplicationFrameHost.exe, the thing that contains the metro apps, to bbskin exclusions, and the bbskin title bar loads under the metro one so when i press close on the metro bar i actually press the minimize or maximize button on the bbskin bar

new tray icons dont appear in bbiconbox until i close bbzero and open it again

when closing bbzero and opening it again already running tasks dont appear in blackboxbar

edit:

forgot to mention, sometimes ShellExperienceHost.exe shows up in the bar with either the name "window" or as a blank task

I have also been experiencing the problem, where bbzero crashes on launch, recently and I'm on Windows 7. It is quite random and happens about 50% of the time. Any idea why does it crash and how can it be fixed

#222 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:20 AM

i am experiencing that crash too (every day or two). will fix that asap as it's very annoying

• pitkon and spoonm like this

#223 spoonm

spoonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

Just came here to mention crashes on launch. Good(in a way) to see I'm not the only one experiencing them. Maybe it has to do with a recent update? (If it helps in any way, on my end it says the fault lies on ntdll.dll)

I'm on Windows 8.1 (x64) and used bbZero(1.18.0 rc6) fine a week or so ago, but went back to explorer until today, and it just crashes on launch. Initially thought it had to do with bbLeanSkin, as I had similar problems on Windows 7, so I disabled the plugin and tried again to get another crash.

Can't seem to use bbZero at all.

#224 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

Just came here to mention crashes on launch. Good(in a way) to see I'm not the only one experiencing them. Maybe it has to do with a recent update? (If it helps in any way, on my end it says the fault lies on ntdll.dll)

I'm on Windows 8.1 (x64) and used bbZero(1.18.0 rc6) fine a week or so ago, but went back to explorer until today, and it just crashes on launch. Initially thought it had to do with bbLeanSkin, as I had similar problems on Windows 7, so I disabled the plugin and tried again to get another crash.

Can't seem to use bbZero at all.

Please try this and let me know if it works for you...

http://blackbox4wind...h&attach_id=238

#225 spoonm

spoonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

Please try this and let me know if it works for you...

http://blackbox4wind...h&attach_id=238

It runs, like bbZero did, when Explorer is still running, but crashes on startup if it is set as shell. This time the problem event name was APPCRASH and it accused "nostart.dll" of being the faulty module.

#226 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

It runs, like bbZero did, when Explorer is still running, but crashes on startup if it is set as shell. This time the problem event name was APPCRASH and it accused "nostart.dll" of being the faulty module.

I see... Thanks for testing it. Seems like mojmir has a lot to do... :)

#227 Kajuru

Kajuru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:31 AM

I use RC6 on W10 x64 set as shell and no crashes whatsover.

Now that i think about it, it used to be at an endless hang at start, if I had bbleanskin enabled. After disabling it, its gone.

So I suppose the issue is at bbleanskin, and not BB itself.

• pitkon likes this

#228 spoonm

spoonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:30 PM

I use RC6 on W10 x64 set as shell and no crashes whatsover.

Now that i think about it, it used to be at an endless hang at start, if I had bbleanskin enabled. After disabling it, its gone.

So I suppose the issue is at bbleanskin, and not BB itself.

Hangs like you mentioned with bbLeanSkin were already a thing some time ago. I don't know exactly what causes it, but reinstalling x64 and x86 MSVCR, along with copying the files they add to Sytem32 and SysWOW64 back and forth seems to fix it. That or downloading the plugin/bbZero build again.

This time around, having bbLeanSkin disabled didn't prevent any crashes and bbZero just doesn't behave. I'll try it again now that I'm on a fresh Windows 8.1 install. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.

#229 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:29 AM

Hangs like you mentioned with bbLeanSkin were already a thing some time ago. I don't know exactly what causes it, but reinstalling x64 and x86 MSVCR, along with copying the files they add to Sytem32 and SysWOW64 back and forth seems to fix it. That or downloading the plugin/bbZero build again.

This time around, having bbLeanSkin disabled didn't prevent any crashes and bbZero just doesn't behave. I'll try it again now that I'm on a fresh Windows 8.1 install. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.

In the past, crashes like this have happened to me because the exe is looking for files in a different directory. For example, I had multiple versions of bblean all within C:, however bbzero looks specifically for "C:/bbZero". If you've recently moved or renamed the install directory, its most likely the cause.

• pitkon likes this

#230 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:10 PM

Please excuse my relative ignorance in the following questions.

I've recently switch to windows 10. Well Windows came from a long way but 10 seem to be for the first time meet my requirements for a good working environment so I kind of forget bb... well not really I use it on my pen drive and on every computer I log in I just switch to bb. I got a couple of portable apps that erase everything when I log out.....bla bla. This is just the background.

My issues are (because I've been far these last 2 or 3 years):

1. Is there a way to make cortana work while running bb as alt shell?

2. Is there a way to run windows setting app (I need it to set windows border color, bluetooth etc)

3. To access wifi or other notification panel settings?

Thank you

www.survivingmauritius.com

#231 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:13 AM

P.S.

4. Some of my programs are not indexed. (see included Screenie)

Thanks again

Attached Files

www.survivingmauritius.com

#232 mirc00

mirc00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

Hello,

im running Windows 10 Pro x64. On a fresh bbZero_install_1.18.0-rc6 installation with bbZero as shell, bbInterface_itunes crashes when restarting bbZero via menu. I only added an empty frame with bbInterface, as soon as i restart bbZero i cant right click on the desktop and bbInterface is not loading, then "bbzero is not responding" comes up.

Its a fresh bbZero installation without any additional plugins. Any ideas? I thought this bug was fixed?

#233 scruffty

scruffty

Ancient Data

• VIP Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

Google windows club and check out the programs that disable the Microsoft spying program.Windows 10 is infested with such stuff.All is a trade off but you can tame the beast.With this stuff disabled bbzero works fine....Switch back to windows...run the program and disable what you can...reboot...start bbzero...make it the shell..reboot and see all the problems with bbzero go away.I have had bbzero running on a Toshiba & a Samsung laptop for over a month without any crashing or other problems...Hope this helps someone...

• pitkon likes this

#234 mirc00

mirc00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:56 AM

Not sure if ur trying to answer me or just trying to help in general but no, my Win 10 x64 is completely clean, no spying tools, everything disabled with tools. Deactivated Windows Defender, not using any AV. I just tried bbZero on my work PC, also Win 10 x64, same problem. As soon as i start bbInterface on a fresh bbZero it works but u cant restart or reload via menu, bbZero will crash, without bbInterface everythings fine.

#235 FatHead

FatHead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

Hello,

im running Windows 10 Pro x64. On a fresh bbZero_install_1.18.0-rc6 installation with bbZero as shell, bbInterface_itunes crashes when restarting bbZero via menu. I only added an empty frame with bbInterface, as soon as i restart bbZero i cant right click on the desktop and bbInterface is not loading, then "bbzero is not responding" comes up.

Its a fresh bbZero installation without any additional plugins. Any ideas? I thought this bug was fixed?

Are you using bbleanskin?

#236 mirc00

mirc00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

Nope, deactivated bbleanskin.

#237 crisis2013

crisis2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:41 PM

Hi everybody, I have started using bbZero 1.18.0 rc6 as a shell on Windows 8.1 x64 and have some minor bugs to report:

1.  random crashes on middle mouse button pressed on desktop (workplaces menu) - can't reproduce it, it just happens time after time and bb  is hanging after that untill I kill it with taskmanager.

2.  when some app is returning from fullscreen mode to window mode - bb bar doesnt show up, I need to close fullscreen app to show the bar.

p.s. does anybody know hot to turn off icons in menu? I set icons size to 0 but it's still empty spaces instead of icons.

#238 bbryder

bbryder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:40 AM

We still alive here?

#239 TenteY

TenteY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts