#261 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 08 March 2020 - 08:43 AM

When i use bbzero RC6 on windows 10 1909 it keeps crashing :(

This is weird, works fine for me. Are you running it as shell or on top of Windows?

#262 jeannibordelli

jeannibordelli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:40 PM

Hi Pitkon, I'm back ^_^

What is the difference between installing bbzero as a service and running as a program?

Which gives me the better experience?

#263 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:20 AM

Hi Pitkon, I'm back ^_^

What is the difference between installing bbzero as a service and running as a program?

Which gives me the better experience?

Hi, glad to see you again!

BBZero is basically an alternative shell, which means it's supposed to run OVER Windows, like Litestep. When used as a stand alone program WITH Windpws, some features are lost, plus it makes for a somewhat slower computer. Shells are supposed to be used as shells, otherwise they beat their basic purpose. On the other hand, in Windows 10 days alternative shells are sometimes quirky. Perhaps you should try both and decide for yourself. :)

• jeannibordelli likes this

#264 KFizz

KFizz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:20 PM

Hi Pitkon, thanks for approving my account!

I can't seem to get the bbMessagebox plugin to work. Notification messages for certain programs like Steam/Telegram work, but notifications for Discord and Parsec (which use the default Windows notifications) do not show up. Is there any way I can fix this?

Trying alternative notification plugins like bbBubble and bbSnarl seem to bring up errors that they're incompatible with the bbzero build I'm using or missing a dll.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using Windows 10 64 bit

#265 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 05:10 AM

Hi Pitkon, thanks for approving my account!

I can't seem to get the bbMessagebox plugin to work. Notification messages for certain programs like Steam/Telegram work, but notifications for Discord and Parsec (which use the default Windows notifications) do not show up. Is there any way I can fix this?

Trying alternative notification plugins like bbBubble and bbSnarl seem to bring up errors that they're incompatible with the bbzero build I'm using or missing a dll.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using Windows 10 64 bit

It's our pleasure to have you here!

As for the plugin issue, not ALL plugins work with ALL builds. You can try different builds until you find one that works with a certain plugin or, you can wait hoping for a plugin update. Sorry about that!

#266 KFizz

KFizz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 03:42 PM

It's okay, it's not what I'd consider a major issue. It's actually kind of nice not to have windows 10 constantly bother me ahah!

Another bug I'll report for this build is that steam doesn't seem to get excluded by the skin, even after I abused wildcards in exclusions.rc, as well as added a bunch of dependencies and extensions steam has. (steamservice.exe, steamwebhelper.exe)

Who knows, someone might find this information handy if they're deciding on which build to go with.

EDIT: I've discovered that I have to add vgui2_s.DLL:vguiPopupWindow to exclusions to properly exclude Steam.

• pitkon likes this

#267 delted_Acc

delted_Acc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:21 AM

this is not as useless as you may think. maybe it does not reveal the cause, but at least points to the direction where the root may lie. in the worst case this method reveals where the problem is not, which is also valuable information (mainly when one is really desperate). now we know for example that the problem is not in plugins.

if you succeed to reproduce the behaviour in a virtual machine that would be awesome, because you can give me the virtual machine and i can debug it.

i use visual studio (2012 to be exact). if you think you can do some basic debugging i will make debug build on monday and you can try attach to it (or you can do the build for yourself if you feel strong). when the blackbox stops responding you simply break the execution in debugger and look at the callstack(s). that will give us another clues.

Sooooo wheres is this debug build that ur talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users