266 replies to this topic

#41 ysg

ysg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

Mojmir,

first of all thank you again for your work and replies (btw, reading my messages again, i may seem a bit down, but believe me i am not. just trying to help you with some test results )

another thing which is hard to identify and report is;

if i switch to blackbox shell, i am having trouble using checkpoint ssl vpn, and sometimes outlook2013 can not connect to exchange. i just guess there is something missing about CAPI (certificates) becouse, my outlook connection troubleshooting or checkpoint diagnostics seems to have issue with certificates.

switching back to explorer instanly fixes these errors.

#42 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

no prob.. here is 1.18rc2 that has two major bugs fixed:

* blackboxbar config files

* the crash in bbiconbox

most of win 8.x issues remains unresolved yet

if the fix works Pete will replace the old rc1

(rc2 removed, will upload rc2.5 in a jiffy)

#43 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

also i tried to spend one evening with blackbox as shell on win 8.1

There were reported these problems:

P1: on win 8.1 set as shell does not send notifications

what do you mean? you have empty tray? you have at least some icons, but some of them are missing/not updated...?

because in my case the tray works better than when i have explorer as shell.

P2: If you run explorer.exe then explorer is set as shell again.

you mean that if you run bb as shell, logout, login and then run explorer, the explorer will install itself as shell?

again, i did not observed such behaviour, but maybe i used bsetshell differently

P3: On Windows 8.1 x64 installation. You have to run the setup as admin or it does not set the shell, or you have to run bsetshell as admin later for it to work.

i looked in the installer and it seems to me that the 'set as shell' is missing the part that sets the registry values ;) so it seems not to work at all

P4: Some applications, especially Microsoft Lync 2013, drop a shadow behind on the screen when it is dragged, disabling bbleanskin fixes this

did not tried that one yet

#44 ysg

ysg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

i can confirm that bbiconbox crash is fixed

#45 ysg

ysg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

also i tried to spend one evening with blackbox as shell on win 8.1

There were reported these problems:

P1: on win 8.1 set as shell does not send notifications

what do you mean? you have empty tray? you have at least some icons, but some of them are missing/not updated...?

because in my case the tray works better than when i have explorer as shell.

[color=#ff0000;]yes, tray area works as it should.[/color]

P2: If you run explorer.exe then explorer is set as shell again.

you mean that if you run bb as shell, logout, login and then run explorer, the explorer will install itself as shell?

again, i did not observed such behaviour, but maybe i used bsetshell differently

[color=#ff0000;]if i set the shell per user, sometimes this thing happens, if i set the shell for all users than not, i am sorry i can not be %100 percent sure, but it happened somehow[/color]

P3: On Windows 8.1 x64 installation. You have to run the setup as admin or it does not set the shell, or you have to run bsetshell as admin later for it to work.

i looked in the installer and it seems to me that the 'set as shell' is missing the part that sets the registry values ;) so it seems not to work at all

P4: Some applications, especially Microsoft Lync 2013, drop a shadow behind on the screen when it is dragged, disabling bbleanskin fixes this

did not tried that one yet

#46 spysiuk

spysiuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

From RC1 I have an issue with IconBox. When I have some boxes set to autohide, icons are shown only one time. When I move mouse over location where box is placed for the second time, I don't see any icons (see my screens). When I reload the plugin or open menu on empty box icons are refreshed (but again for one time only).
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 runcmd

runcmd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

Yes I too can confirm that bbIconBox issue has been fixed.

Just an update on the Notification System for BBzero I have reported last time. The issue was with the SystemBarEx. I have used that instead for BlackboxBar. When I turned it on again, then I started to get System Notificaitons, however outloock is still not notifying me on new e-mails.

Thanks,

runcmd.

#48 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

Yes I too can confirm that bbIconBox issue has been fixed.

Just an update on the Notification System for BBzero I have reported last time. The issue was with the SystemBarEx. I have used that instead for BlackboxBar. When I turned it on again, then I started to get System Notificaitons, however outloock is still not notifying me on new e-mails.

Thanks,

runcmd.

Weird, it notifies me. But you can always use BBMail for that :)

#49 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:31 AM

i can confirm that bbiconbox crash is fixed

It is fixed, but I'm still getting a few issues:

Quick launch is still very glitchy unless you dock it within the slit. I still get a random white box instead of my full horizonal bar appearing, and the icon hues/saturation values you can adjust in the menus are weird. They don't go above 8 (should they be up to 255?) and the icons completely disappear if you toggle the values in the menu enough. Adjusting the values manually in the rc can fix it, but its definitely still not working as intended. When using auto hide, I also get a visible light/semi transparent hotspot or line near the edge of the screen when placed there. Also experienced a bit of what spysiuk said but on rc2.

I'll also note I noticed a strange change in my window tiling functionality, even after setting desktop margins. The windows obey the maximization settings, but my tiling script with gridmove acts as if blackbox bar is not existent and does not obey desktop margin settings in blackbox anymore. The prior build everything worked fine, but now I have to use an additional padding margin on one side in order for things to line up correctly. This is using software coded in AHK.

Other than those things, my only gripe currently is still Unicode. Enabling UTF-8 breaks the encode. I'm going to stick with the build (as shell) since I've found workarounds for most things at the moment. I can post the bugs to github directly if you prefer Mojmir, let me know.

#50 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:59 AM

- i will look at the autohide, this seems to be broken (as reported by user spysiuk)

- btw hue/saturation/alpha now has range from 0-8. this is a side effect of the merge with bb4win.

not sure how this should be:

a ) keep it and fix it, so the ranges will be 0-8.

b ) revert these changes and the ranges will be 0-255 as they were

depends how you, users, feel about this.

personally i like the smaller scale (simpler to click desired value), although it may be too coarse.

- blackboxbar is another thing merged from bb4win, so it may behave a bit differently than bbleanbar was.

- utf8 will be dropped as soon as we port bb to unicode. but i am waiting with unicode until the 1.18 settles down..

if you'd like you can enter the bug into the issue tracker so that they are not lost. and remind me if i forget ;)

#51 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

I think values should be 0-255. Makes for a universal feel :)

#52 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

alpha/hue/sat ranges fixed

(removed old bbZero_1.18rc2.5.rar)

#53 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

* hopefully fixed alpha/sat/hue

* fixed empty bbiconbox in autohide (this had something to do with "style reload on visible/hidden state changed".. not sure why: was there some known bug like this? it's a bb4win addition, but it's buggy

BbIconBox seems to be fully functional again, thank you!! You can still kind of notice the auto hide with that little strange transparency bar that shows on the side of the screen, but its a minor visual annoyance that I can deal with. I also appreciate the change to hue/sat values to 255, works much better for me personally!! I will continue to toy with the build and see if I notice anything else. Thanks for the quick fix!

#54 spysiuk

spysiuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:19 AM

OK, here is what you've been waiting for - bbzero 1.18rc2, mojmir's latest bbzero build for both 32- and 64-bit environments, with tons of goodies and plugins, finally tested and fully working.

[color=#ff0000;]UPDATE:[/color]

* bbiconbox issues fixed

Thanks for great build  :thumbsup:  bbiconbox is (almost) working fine - after restarting my computer, I have no icons on autohided boxes. When I reload the plugin everything is working fine.

From the other issues I noticed, blackboxBar can't be posiotioned on bottom via menu - this is no problem for me (I never use it on bottom  :wink: )

#55 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for great build  :thumbsup:  bbiconbox is (almost) working fine - after restarting my computer, I have no icons on autohided boxes. When I reload the plugin everything is working fine.

From the other issues I noticed, blackboxBar can't be posiotioned on bottom via menu - this is no problem for me (I never use it on bottom  :wink: )

This may not work, but sometimes it does: make bbiconbox.rc read only.

As for blackboxbar, I can place it anywhere via the menu. Do other positions work for you? Of course, you can always place it anywhere you want by using ctrl + left mouse button to drag it around :)

#56 spysiuk

spysiuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:41 AM

This may not work, but sometimes it does: make bbiconbox.rc read only.

As for blackboxbar, I can place it anywhere via the menu. Do other positions work for you? Of course, you can always place it anywhere you want by using ctrl + left mouse button to drag it around :)

Thanks, I'll try that :-)

As for blackboxbar, I know how to move it but I just wanted to nitice that (for some reason) I'm missing all the "bottom" options in placement menu:

Posted Image

• pitkon likes this

#57 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

Thanks, I'll try that :-)

As for blackboxbar, I know how to move it but I just wanted to nitice that (for some reason) I'm missing all the "bottom" options in placement menu:

Posted Image

Wow, I see what you mean... Moj to the rescue, please? :)

#58 spysiuk

spysiuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:55 AM

I also think that alpha value for transparency (for BlackboxBar) doesn't work as it should. For values 0-254 you get full transparent bar and for 255 the bar is black.

• pitkon likes this

#59 runcmd

runcmd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

Weird, it notifies me. But you can always use BBMail for that :)

I treid to search for in on google and here on forum. Do you know where I can download BBMail ?

#60 asp_id

asp_id

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hi, mojmir!

Small complain here =)) I'm using build 1.18rc2, and have an issue.

In menu.rc the [insertpath] option does not work. It leaves the empty line instead of showing the contents of inserted path.

Also tried addnig quotation marks, and even the backslash at the end of the path. Both doesn't help

It looks like this:

Posted Image

If I change [insertpath] to [path] — it works as expected — adds submenu item. And that's not what I need…

Posted Image

Anyway, thanks for keeping bb on windows alive!! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users