4 replies to this topic

#1 muramasa

muramasa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Hello.

I am not good at speaking English, sorry.

so, please excuse the sentence incorrected.

Using BBleanSkin with Antivirus Software, there are cases when bb4win hang-up on startup.

AVAST Antivirus FREE 2014 is No Problem.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 is Problem

(to use script, bbleanskin starts slower than Kaspersky starts, is working. but bb4win wake-up too slow on startup like hang-up )

Norton Internet Security 2014 is Problem

(but, if it sets special setting like there are cases when Kaspersky, it might work.)

PC Environment

[OS] windows 7 64bit

[shell] bb4win_mod|bbMien 7.11.8.4 (but I fixed the code and recompiled to work in 64bit)

[plugin] BBleanskin 1.17

//// part of exclusions.rc in bbleanskinFolder //   *.exe   *.exe:*   *:*

///////

Using bblean1.17 and BBleanSkin1.17 were same result as well

#2 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

Hi :)

As I understand it, bbleanSkin uses a global hook on WH_GETMESSAGE to inject it's skinning engine dll.

In the dll, it then checks if the window is in the exclusion list.

So even if you have *:* in the exclusions.rc, the dll still gets injected (but the skin is not applied).

I am not sure how Kaspersky or Norton work. Have you tried adding blackbox and the dlls in bbleanskin folder to it's trusted applications?

#3 technorati

technorati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:09 AM

After my experiences of fixing hardware and software problems encountered by business and domestic users on their computers. I can safely

say the antivirus software I would never install is Norton, Kasperksy, Macafee,  I would rather nail my head to a coffee table than ever have to deal

with the mess they make of a computer and its operating systems etc. Try Malwarebytes Antimalware. It is extremely good and the pro version is cheap

enough for anyone to afford.

If you must use Kaspersky then you will need to set exceptions in the exception list for bblean etc. Good luck with that

#4 muramasa

muramasa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Hi :)

As I understand it, bbleanSkin uses a global hook on WH_GETMESSAGE to inject it's skinning engine dll.

In the dll, it then checks if the window is in the exclusion list.

So even if you have *:* in the exclusions.rc, the dll still gets injected (but the skin is not applied).

I am not sure how Kaspersky or Norton work. Have you tried adding blackbox and the dlls in bbleanskin folder to it's trusted applications?

Hello diabol.

>>Have you tried adding blackbox and the dlls in bbleanskin folder to it's trusted applications? I tried it in Kapersky, but nothing change. :sad: And I tried next experience. If the Antivirus software interference to wake-up the bbleanskin,to turn off Antivirus's all protection would improve this problem. (off cource network disconnected) But the result was nothing change :sad: As taking to time think, I experiment until a solution is found.

Even if the bb4win wake-up too slow, it would not hang-up...

Thank you advice and hints :wink:

#5 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

This is probably affecting bbZero as well, so for now i added it to the issue tracker.

Will have to install the AVs to investigate this later.

Btw, Microsoft Security Essentials works without a problem :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BBleanSkin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users