Photo

bbLeanSkin.dll this plugin could not be initialized.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 spiff

spiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

Hi, I seem to be having an issue getting this plugin running. 

When I start up blackbox I get this error message that the plugin cannot be initialized.

This has happened with all builds. vanilla bb, and bbZero. 

Both the 32 and 64bit versions. When I install bb as a shell and try to load the plugin it just hangs and then eventually freezes and blackbox crashes.

Since none of the versions have worked I'm wondering if there's some setting I have wrong somewhere on my computer that's causing this. Just seeing if anyone had an idea.

Running Windows 7 64bit.

Attached a picture of the error.

Attached Files

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

Don't use 32 bit plugins, it's useless. Other than that, I had issues with bbleanskin to when using mojmir's bbzero even on a 32-bit environment. Have you tried BBLean 1.17 64-bit?

#3 spiff

spiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, I've tried it.

#4 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

Hi, I seem to be having an issue getting this plugin running. 

When I start up blackbox I get this error message that the plugin cannot be initialized.

This has happened with all builds. vanilla bb, and bbZero. 

Both the 32 and 64bit versions. When I install bb as a shell and try to load the plugin it just hangs and then eventually freezes and blackbox crashes.

Since none of the versions have worked I'm wondering if there's some setting I have wrong somewhere on my computer that's causing this. Just seeing if anyone had an idea.

Running Windows 7 64bit.

Attached a picture of the error.

That looks like you're using mojmir's 64bit build, so I assume you use the supplied bbLeanSkin which makes this kind of awkward - it should work without a problem.

Would you be so kind and try it with the attached build? (I've just built it and am using it fine on my fresh 64bit Windows 7)

Also, are you an administrator? There might be a permission issue, but seriously shouldn't (bbLeanSkin just fails to touch non-User windows).

Attached File  bbZero.current.zip   3.07MB   4 downloads

Attached Files

• pitkon likes this

#5 spiff

spiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

When I try to start that one it says msvcr120d.dll is missing. Was it compiled correctly?

Also, the bbLeanSkin doesn't work with the regular bbLean either not just mojmirs build.

#6 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

When I try to start that one it says msvcr120d.dll is missing. Was it compiled correctly?

Also, the bbLeanSkin doesn't work with the regular bbLean either not just mojmirs build.

It was compiled correctly. You need the Visual studio redistributable from http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=40784

I know that is a bummer, but for now it's a necessity (until we can build 64bit bb on mingw or find a way to statically link msvc (as if)).

You have to know that bbLeanSkin is kind of a problem child since it needs 32bit AND 64bit components on x64.

Also it took us a while to get it to compile and build correctly and other stupid details.

The bottomline is: if you do not use the bbLeanSkin which is supplied with the build, chances are high that it will not work :D

#7 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

diabol, do you have a 32-bit version of this? Also, if you've tried it and it works, we should post it under new builds.

#8 spiff

spiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

It was compiled correctly. You need the Visual studio redistributable from http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=40784

I already have the redistributable. Notice the error says [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]msvcr120D.dll.  Does that mean it's a debug version? Doesn't look like I have that file in my system32 and after googling a bit I can't figure out how to get it either. Is there a different redistributable I need for that?[/color]

#9 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

I already have the redistributable. Notice the error says [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]msvcr120D.dll.  Does that mean it's a debug version? Doesn't look like I have that file in my system32 and after googling a bit I can't figure out how to get it either. Is there a different redistributable I need for that?[/color]

Why of course that can't possibly be a debug build.

Please re-download it, surely something went wrong with the download.

#10 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

diabol, do you have a 32-bit version of this? Also, if you've tried it and it works, we should post it under new builds.

Well, it's not a new build.

I mean technically it I've just built it which makes it kind of new and a build, but there's no difference to the newest old build of bbzero floating around.

Except maybe I've introduced a few bugs in the plugin manager rewrite. Of which I'm also not sure whether it's already on github.

It probably is. Well, even if it isn't, there's no discernable difference. Except if you want to develop a pluginloader, which this version will happily load and query.

But nobody would be that crazy, right? :)

#11 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

Lol... Probably not, but you never know. Again, do you have a 32-bit version of this I can test? I had issues with bbleanskin when testing mojmir's build...

#12 spiff

spiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

Doesn't look like that version works either unfortunately. When I try to start it, it just hangs and then eventually crashes. If I comment out bbLeanSkin.dll then it starts up.  If I try to load the plugin through the menu it says it cannot be initialized. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users