• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Avail

Avail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

I'm using Mojmir's build, and, yes, I'm using the bsetroot/bsetbg that came with it.

#22 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Really weird. Have to go, but do try some bsetroot/bsetbg combinations from other builds...

#23 Avail

Avail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

I have tried a couple different builds, same behaviour.

#24 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

This is more than weird. Never heard of bsetroot/bsetbg not corresponding to rootCommand. And you seem to be an experienced user, so I am not taking obvious things under consideration. There must be something deeper going on here. Was it always this way? Did bset etc. behave the same way with older OSes and BB builds? Did you recently switch to a newer OS?

#25 Avail

Avail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

I actually am pretty new to bblean, I just understand how it works.

bsetroot/bsetbg never worked by themselves, but they do when bbstylemaker triggers the change.

I'm on 8.1 32bit myself, but I have asked a mate of mine (who uses 7 64bit) to try bsetroot out, and it didn't change it for him either.

#26 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Could have fooled me about how new you are to bblean - I mean no newbie knows you use quotation marks when there are spaces between words :) Anyway, do me a favor and try (if you haven't tried already)  XZero450's build http://blackbox4wind...zero450s-build/ since you are on 32-bit Windows like me. Works for me perfectly well - but then, truth is every bsetroot/bsetbg combination worked...

#27 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Avail, can you try that bsetbg/bsetroot on another machine with different os, perhaps?

#28 Avail

Avail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

Could have fooled me about how new you are to bblean - I mean no newbie knows you use quotation marks when there are spaces between words :) Anyway, do me a favor and try (if you haven't tried already)  XZero450's build http://blackbox4wind...zero450s-build/ since you are on 32-bit Windows like me. Works for me perfectly well - but then, truth is every bsetroot/bsetbg combination worked...

I have tried the build, same result.

[color=#40e0d0;]Edit[/color]: Actually, I haven't tried this one. I don't see bsetbg/bsetroot in this one.

Avail, can you try that bsetbg/bsetroot on another machine with different os, perhaps?

The only other machine I have access to runs Arch Linux, so, I doubt that would work.

• aar0nism likes this

#29 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Here, try mine.

Attached File  bset.zip   167.55KB   9 downloads

#30 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

Does the background change when you change styles? I'm asking because you said that the background does change when you use stylemaker, which suggests that bsetbg is working.

You may have tried this already. But I'll mention it just in case. Right click bsetbg.exe > Properties At the bottom, under Security, check to see if it says: "This file cam from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" If it does, click "Unblock" and see if that helps.

• pitkon likes this
keescg.png

#31 Avail

Avail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

Yes, the background changes when I change styles.

Posted Image

I kind of have all security-related stuff disabled since I know what I'm doing around windows.

#32 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Did my zip help?

#33 Avail

Avail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

Nope.

#34 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

If changing styles already works, then my suggestion probably wouldn't have made any difference. But I meant the bottom of the General tab, under the "security" heading (which isn't visible unless the file has been blocked). Sorry, I should have made that clear, since there is a security tab as well. Attached File  bsetbg-properties.png   122.74KB   0 downloads You could try bbOnWorkspaceChange from the Utility Plugins thread (I tried it, but I think it's 32 bit and I'm on 64). The description sounds promising though. I'm not sure what commands you would need to use in the .rc, to call bsetbg to change the background, but I think Pitkon will know.

keescg.png

#35 Avail

Avail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

http://natsuk.in/i/bk7.png

it doesn't block anything. I'm experimenting with bbOWC right now

EDIT: bbOWC does in fact trigger the change, but again, bsetroot/bsetbg don't respond (I do get a wait cursor for a while)

These are my bbOWC settings http://natsuk.in/i/9EZ.png

#36 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

I booted into XP to try bbOWC myself. After a few tries I managed to get it to work (though not quite the way I wanted)

If you are still not having any luck, you could try what I did and see if it works for you. It might be an idea to put a couple of images you want to use as wallpapers in the bbLean "backgrounds" folder in case that's causing a problem. Though I can't see why it would.

Here are my bbOWC settings.

bbOWC.workspace: alphabbOWC.workspace: betabbOWC.workspace: gammabbOWC.enter.alpha.broam: @BBCore.exec bsetroot -solid blackbbOWC.enter.beta.broam: @BBCore.exec bsetroot -full backgroundsSubterranean_by_Liquid-Universe.jpgbbOWC.enter.gamma.broam: @BBCore.exec bsetroot -gradient vertical -from #D7D5C8 -to #000000

Edit: I did manage to get it to work how I wanted. It will now switch between solid black on alpha, an image on beta and a gradient on gamma, as I switch workspaces.

The only real difference between our code is that you used a lower case "b" in @BBCore. I'm back in win 8 64 bit so I haven't checked to see if that would make a difference. But it's worth a try.

• pitkon likes this
keescg.png

#37 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

I read through this and thought about some tricks that may work. So I was looking at the broams and tested this out for myself:

KeyToGrab(B), WithModifier(Win), WithAction(Exec C:bbleanbsetroot.exe -full D:PICTURESWALLPAPERSimage.png)

This will apply the image as the wallpaper, but it won't overwrite the style settings. So if you disable the use of bblean setting the wallpaper (Settings>Config>Graphics>Enable wallpaper (leave unchecked)) - and use this broam with bbkeys you can switch wallpapers with no issue. I'm not sure how to bind it per workspace, though I'm sure theres a way you can get that to work somehow. Its also entirely possible you just need to save mulitple versions of your style in order to cycle the wallpaper some way.

Keep in mind though you can do this with software like Dexpot and probably VirtuaWin. You can probably hack something up with rainmeter to even set your wallpaper per workspace if you want... just some suggestions.

• pitkon and Liquid like this

#38 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Liquid / xDemonessx

yes, but still.. the main problem of Avail is that bsetroot/bsetbg does not work, if i understand the problem correctly, or does it?

#39 Avail

Avail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Liquid / xDemonessx

yes, but still.. the main problem of Avail is that bsetroot/bsetbg does not work, if i understand the problem correctly, or does it?

Correct. Neither work unless trigerred by bbStyleMaker.

#40 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

Liquid / xDemonessx

It apparently works when switching styles. That made me think bbOWC should work, since it also calls bsetroot to change the background ... It's a strange problem :confused:

I suppose it could be some quirk with Win 8.1

keescg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users