#1 Hytekz

Hytekz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Hello,

I need a little help with the bbleanbar plugin :

First i have a dualscreen set-up and i was wondering if it was possible to have a bar on each screens, i managed to have the bar prolonged on the 2nd screen but i want 2 separate bar, one in the first monitor wich shows programs open on this monitor and the same for the 2nd monitor which show programs open on this 2nd monitor. So is it possible?

And also i wanted to know how i can change the height of the bar? I want to make it smaller but i don't know how to do it.

Thanks!

#2 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

ad multi-monitor: not sure, never tried that. very quickly peeking at the sources of bbLeanBar i do not see much support for this present in the code, unfortunately.

#3 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Hello,

I need a little help with the bbleanbar plugin :

First i have a dualscreen set-up and i was wondering if it was possible to have a bar on each screens, i managed to have the bar prolonged on the 2nd screen but i want 2 separate bar, one in the first monitor wich shows programs open on this monitor and the same for the 2nd monitor which show programs open on this 2nd monitor. So is it possible?

And also i wanted to know how i can change the height of the bar? I want to make it smaller but i don't know how to do it.

Thanks!

First, you can use different plugins: BBLeanBarV (the vertical version) for, say, desktop 3, and SystembarEx for desktop 4. OR, you can copy bbleanbar twice to different folders and rename them to BBLeanBar2 and BBLeanBar3 and use different (or the same) configurations as the original one. Most of the times, this trick works.

Second, to change the height of the bar open the style file you are using with a text editor, go to Toolbar and change Toolbar.marginwidth to 1. If you want it fatter, you can use higher numbers.

#4 Hytekz

Hytekz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

First, you can use different plugins: BBLeanBarV (the vertical version) for, say, desktop 3, and SystembarEx for desktop 4. OR, you can copy bbleanbar twice to different folders and rename them to BBLeanBar2 and BBLeanBar3 and use different (or the same) configurations as the original one. Most of the times, this trick works.

Second, to change the height of the bar open the style file you are using with a text editor, go to Toolbar and change Toolbar.marginwidth to 1. If you want it fatter, you can use higher numbers.

That worked perfectly and by clicking on active only i see the programs active on the screen. Finally able to change the height also. Thank you!

• pitkon likes this

#5 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

About the height:

I added two options to bbLeanBar exactly for that. These are included in recent mojmir builds (and floating around in my experimental builds probably).

These are:

bbleanbar.minHeight - sets the minimum height of the bar

bbleanbar.maxiconsize - sets the maximal size of the icons

the only other thing deciding bar height is the font size

I use 16/16 and snap which comes out at 24px. The text is barely readable and when visible the bar covers any full-screen title bars <3

• pitkon likes this

#6 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

That worked perfectly and by clicking on active only i see the programs active on the screen. Finally able to change the height also. Thank you!

You are very welcome :)

#7 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

About the height:

I added two options to bbLeanBar exactly for that. These are included in recent mojmir builds (and floating around in my experimental builds probably).

These are:

bbleanbar.minHeight - sets the minimum height of the bar

bbleanbar.maxiconsize - sets the maximal size of the icons

the only other thing deciding bar height is the font size

I use 16/16 and snap which comes out at 24px. The text is barely readable and when visible the bar covers any full-screen title bars <3

Great addition this, diabol :yes:

#8 monkiboi

monkiboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

This is the 'old' way of having dual bars from https://github.com/b...ugins/bbLeanBar

- bbLeanBar can be run with two or more instances of itself, for example one on each monitor. To get this, just load the same bbLeanBar.dll one more time (do *not* use a copy). The settings for all bars can be found in the same bbLeanbar.rc. For instance the items on the second bar can be set like this: bbleanbar.2.item: WorkspaceLabel ...

So, what you do is to copy all your settings and paste them further down in the file and then add .2. to every second setting instance. If you set the first bar to, say, top, and the second one to bottom you can then drag the bar onto your second monitor and you're away.

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users