Photo

bbLean list all workspaces instead of just current

Best Answer pitkon , 09 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Ctrl+right click, Global Options, uncheck Use Tooltip.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

i have 3 workspaces named I, II and III. at the moment it just shows the current one, but I want it to always show those three, like this:

Posted Image

i've tried asking around and searching around but could not find a way.

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

Help me understand. You see one workspace on toolbar/bbleanbar but you want to see all three of them at once?

#3 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Help me understand. You see one workspace on toolbar/bbleanbar but you want to see all three of them at once?

yes, I want the names of the workspaces listed next to eachother. say I have 3 workspaces called 1,2,3 it'd show 1 2 3 on the toolbar. i dont know if this is possible but I saw someone have it

#4 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

It's not possible using either the native toolbar or bbleanbar. Arrows on both bars are used to switch workspaces, but they only show one workspace on the toolbar.label section. However, you CAN do it using bbinterface. Are you familiar with it?

#5 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

It's not possible using either the native toolbar or bbleanbar. Arrows on both bars are used to switch workspaces, but they only show one workspace on the toolbar.label section. However, you CAN do it using bbinterface. Are you familiar with it?

unfortuantly not, I couldn't get it working with bblean 1.17 and i never made the switch to mojmir's build. would it be much of a hussle to switch all configs from bblean 1.17 to mojmir's?

edit: switched to mojmir's build with bbinterface.

#6 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

The easiest way to do it, without going into all that hassle, is to use bbpager. Make it small, like a strip, and place it next to your toolbar. This way you can see all workspaces and change among them by right clicking on their windows.

#7 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

edit: switched to mojmir's build with bbinterface.

Please let me know if you need instructions, although it will be even easier with bbpager.

#8 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Please let me know if you need instructions, although it will be even easier with bbpager.

yes i'm using bbpager. looks like this atm:

Posted Image

and when i go to my third and last workspace looks lik this:

Posted Image

no clue how to configure bbpager. i only changed the height

#9 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

OK, gimme coordinates and dimensions and I will create a bbpager.rc for you...

#10 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

OK, gimme coordinates and dimensions and I will create a bbpager.rc for you...

thanks alot! hope this is what you meant:

bbpager.position.x: 0bbpager.position.y: 0bbpager.desktop.width: 22bbpager.desktop.height: 12bbpager.alignment: horizontalbbpager.columns: 1bbpager.rows: 1bbpager.desktopChangeButton: 1bbpager.windowMoveButton: 3bbpager.windowFocusButton: 1

#11 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

x and y is 0? You need it on the top left corner of the screen? OK, gimme a few...

#12 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

x and y is 0? You need it on the top left corner of the screen? OK, gimme a few...

yes correct, thank you!

#13 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

OK, try this:

bbpager.position.x: 0
bbpager.position.y: 0
bbpager.desktop.width: 22
bbpager.desktop.height: 12
bbpager.alignment: horizontal
bbpager.columns: 1
bbpager.rows: 1
bbpager.desktopChangeButton: 2
bbpager.windowMoveButton: 3
bbpager.windowFocusButton: 1
bbpager.raised: true
bbpager.autoHide: false
bbpager.snapWindow: false
bbpager.transparency: false
bbpager.transparency.alpha: 200
bbpager.desktopNumbers: true
bbpager.desktopWindows: true
bbpager.desktopAltMethod: false
bbpager.windowToolTips: false
bbpager.useSlit: false

What I changed: Change desktops using right click (harder to make mistakes)
What I added: Raised, so you can tell the difference. desktopnumbers to see the number of each workspace. Windows, to actually see what's going on in each workspace. If you don't want any of these, simply change true to false. I set tooltips to false, but if you need them change it to true.
Remember bbpager can be styled independently to the main style you are using. Which means, if you are not happy with the way it looks you can change it (texture- and color-wise) without changing the style itself. Feel free to ask if you are not sure how to do it.

#14 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

OK, try this:

bbpager.position.x: 0
bbpager.position.y: 0
bbpager.desktop.width: 22
bbpager.desktop.height: 12
bbpager.alignment: horizontal
bbpager.columns: 1
bbpager.rows: 1
bbpager.desktopChangeButton: 2
bbpager.windowMoveButton: 3
bbpager.windowFocusButton: 1
bbpager.raised: true
bbpager.autoHide: false
bbpager.snapWindow: false
bbpager.transparency: false
bbpager.transparency.alpha: 200
bbpager.desktopNumbers: true
bbpager.desktopWindows: true
bbpager.desktopAltMethod: false
bbpager.windowToolTips: false
bbpager.useSlit: false

What I changed: Change desktops using right click (harder to make mistakes)
What I added: Raised, so you can tell the difference. desktopnumbers to see the number of each workspace. Windows, to actually see what's going on in each workspace. If you don't want any of these, simply change true to false. I set tooltips to false, but if you need them change it to true.
Remember bbpager can be styled independently to the main style you are using. Which means, if you are not happy with the way it looks you can change it (texture- and color-wise) without changing the style itself. Feel free to ask if you are not sure how to do it.

thanks alot its great! i was just wondering if its possible to display the workspace names instead of 1, 2, 3? it would be a nice extra. also, i still shows it like this when going my last workspace:

Posted Image

im sorry but these kind of things really bother me lol

#15 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

You are very welcome.

1. Display the workspace name: You need bbinterface for that. You can also use different images for each workspace using bbinterface.

2. Eliminating the border: This won't show when using bbinterface, but if you wanna keep bbpager then you can style it differently.

Which one would you prefer?

#16 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

You are very welcome.

1. Display the workspace name: You need bbinterface for that. You can also use different images for each workspace using bbinterface.

2. Eliminating the border: This won't show when using bbinterface, but if you wanna keep bbpager then you can style it differently.

Which one would you prefer?

hmm would it cause alot of trouble if i'd say bbinteface? i'd just prefer to have my workspaces described.

#17 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

OK. Add bbinterface to your plugins and when it shows:

1) ctrl+right click on the frame and go Interface Operations/Create New Control/Frame. Drag the frame where you want it to be using ctrl + left click and give it the dimensions you need using alt+left click. Make it bigger so you can easily add elements and then size it down to whatever.

2) If you want to have your desktops on top of all other windows, leave it as it is. If not, go Window Options and uncheck Always On Top.

3) Ctrl +right click on the frame and go Interface Operations/Create New Child Control/Button.

4) Ctrll+right click on the new button and go Control Options/Caption/Static Text. Type the text you want displayed - e.g. I for workspace one.

OK so far?

#18 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

OK. Add bbinterface to your plugins and when it shows:

1) ctrl+right click on the frame and go Interface Operations/Create New Control/Frame. Drag the frame where you want it to be using ctrl + left click and give it the dimensions you need using alt+left click. Make it bigger so you can easily add elements and then size it down to whatever.

2) If you want to have your desktops on top of all other windows, leave it as it is. If not, go Window Options and uncheck Always On Top.

3) Ctrl +right click on the frame and go Interface Operations/Create New Child Control/Button.

4) Ctrll+right click on the new button and go Control Options/Caption/Static Text. Type the text you want displayed - e.g. I for workspace one.

OK so far?

yup, got an I centered now

#19 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Great.

5) bbinterface displays each element's name (and purpose) in a balloon tip, but you can turn tips off. If you want an added visual aid, leave tips on and go Control Options/Control Name. Type the name of the desktop there as well, or something similar, eg. Desktop One.

6) Ctrl+right click on the button and go Control Options/Mouse Down/Blackbox Bro@m.

Type or paste this: [color=#00ffff;][font="helvetica, verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);"]@[/color][/font][color=rgb(0,255,255);][font="helvetica, verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);"]BBCore.SwitchToWorkspace #n [/color][/font]where n the workspace's number.

You can add an image (icon, bitmap, whatever). If you want one, let me know.

7) Make the button as big or as small as you need using alt+left click.

8) Ctrl+right click on the button and go Interface Options/Clone this control. A new button appears on top of the old one. Ctrl+left click to drag it next to the first.

9) Edit button caption, button name and workspace number following the steps above.

10) Repeat the whole procedure to create a third button.

11) Save the whole thing as workspace.rc or whatever.

IF YOU DON'T WANT THE FRAME SHOWN (just the buttons).

1) Ctrl+right click on the frame and go Control Options/Lock Children.

2) Ctlr+right click on the frame and go Window Options/Style/None.

Now the buttons can be moved as one, but the frame will be invisible.

#20 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Remember you can change font name and size using Window Options/Use Custom Font and you can move I, II, III or whatever to the left or right, top or bottom using Control Options/Text Settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users