21 replies to this topic

#21 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,210 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

I am a Chinese, English is very bad. I use goole to translate to english.

If the image format is gif will not produce a border. Other ico, bmp, png format will have a border.

Vector fonts will also produce border, dot-matrix fonts are not, such as the Chinese of the song (simsun).

Did you manage to load a gif item on bbinterface? Never tried it before myself.

#22 theoctopus

theoctopus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:37 AM

I see that this thread is old, but it is apparent that the image in question has some form of anti-aliasing around it.  I am responding in hopes that any others with similar questions will find this answer.  Perhaps a mod would like to change the header to reflect the user's particular issue?

If you pasted a transparent PNG over another layer such as your pink color, it will be a matter of the transparent layer's edges having varying opacity and blending in a gradual fashion at pixels which fall on the edges of the image.  In this case, you need to remove the anti-aliasing that is already in the image.  There are many ways to go about this, but no specific tool of which I am aware.

If you only have a single layer in which you've filled the negative space (empty area around the character) with a fill bucket tool, you likely have anti-aliasing enabled on the fill tool.  This will blend the edges of the character with your chosen color, and the anti-aliasing or edge blending function must be disabled.  Refer to the support for your chosen software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users