• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#21 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

i found the way how to do it (in short makes a copy of data, runs itself with another generator, and then build the 32 lib).

it still does not work yet, but i am on the right track i think...

ad install target:

whad do you mean by broken? when i build the INSTALL project, the files are copied into the target specified either

a) command line argument such as

cmake -G "Visual Studio 11 Win64" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=c:/bbZero.vs64 ..

b ) cheat in top level CMakeLists.txt

# use this for develoment, if you do not pass it from command line:#set(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "c:/bbLean_devel")

what happens exastly when you compile install target? can you send me a log of output maybe?

// must run, my wife wants to see another doctor who ;) l8r

#22 innn

innn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

Mojmir's new build, named BBZero v. 32, is out. He tested it on Windows XP, but he believes it should work even on Windows 8.1. We'd love to hear what you think, folks!

Posted ImageBBZero.vs32.zip

I've tested myself your build and got message about bbleanskineng.dll then bbsetshell.exe does not execute nor does clicking install/uninstall from bb menu

#23 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

I've tested myself your build and got message about bbleanskineng.dll then bbsetshell.exe does not execute nor does clicking install/uninstall from bb menu

yes, i fixed these two during this weekend, so this is not in the build yet. i think i will do a new batch of builds this evening.

#24 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

i found the way how to do it (in short makes a copy of data, runs itself with another generator, and then build the 32 lib).

it still does not work yet, but i am on the right track i think...

ad install target:

whad do you mean by broken? when i build the INSTALL project, the files are copied into the target specified either

a) command line argument such as

cmake -G "Visual Studio 11 Win64" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=c:/bbZero.vs64 ..

b ) cheat in top level CMakeLists.txt

# use this for develoment, if you do not pass it from command line:#set(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "c:/bbLean_devel")

what happens exastly when you compile install target? can you send me a log of output maybe?

// must run, my wife wants to see another doctor who ;) l8r

i figured it was something like this, was just too lazy to look around :D

i just built it using the fresh git sources and cmake-gui, so the install prefix was just not set

now it works like a charm o/

#25 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

great :)

well like almost-charm, there are still issues (overwriting configs.. watch for that one)..

but one by one, we'll shoot them down :)

#26 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

all apologies, i did not make it. i tried to get all the plugins from Theo working before the new build(s), but it was getting late and i got tired.

but majority of them is plugged into the new build system, compilable, so it remains to fix linking (easy issue). that and some install stuff from bbleanskin.

i'd try to finish it today, max tomorrow..

Edit:

okay i finished some of the stuff in the work and i am testing the build on myself.

#27 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Here we go, something we could call RC2 (release candidate 2) :)

Whats new in compare to RC1:

i fixed (or at least tried to fix) most of the issues mentioned in this thread, i.e:

• fixed cmake build process on many places
  • bsetshell should be working
  • bbleanskin could be working (on 32 and 64b). that one is nasty, doing 32b library in 64b build does not feel natural in cmake
  • added working bbCalendar
  • added cmake for remaining plugins from Theo (bbAnalogEx, bbDigitalEx, bbSysMeter, ...) though i did not tested their functionality.

NOTE: If you get errors about missing msvcr110.dll (or similar) you need to get microsoft vistual studio redistributables. They come in 32 and 64bit versions, so select the one you need.

XP users need the redistributable too.

http://download.micr...credist_x86.exe

http://download.micr...credist_x64.exe

#28 Arc Angel

Arc Angel

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Just a small ask... This is an issue left over from the original BBSDK, it pertains to the SetWindowPos with every plugin. By default it is set to 0,0 + user x and y so multimonitor setups can't have plugins on multiple screens (unless it's to the right of the primary monitor). Some plugins also check for positions beyond the current resolution and pull them back to 0,0. BBCalendar suffers from a similar issue, if placed on my second monitor (to the left of my primary monitor) it jumps back to the primary on load.

Noticed BBSysmon and BBDigitalEX made it as well, excellent news. Unfortunately, both fail to load due to a missing DLL, but what DLL(s) is not specified. MSVCR110.DLL was not the solution and a dependencies check shows no additional, non-vanilla DLL dependencies. Any suggestions?

What is The Ashrealm?

#29 scruffty

scruffty

Ancient Data

• VIP Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]bbAnalogEx, bbDigitalEx, bbSysMeter, Do not load just what dll is missing I do not know.bbcalander loads fine.Hang in we all appreciate your efforts...[/color]

#30 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]bbAnalogEx, bbDigitalEx, bbSysMeter, Do not load just what dll is missing I do not know.bbcalander loads fine.Hang in we all appreciate your efforts...[/color]

confirmed. actually none of theo's plugins work atm

not sure yet, why they dont load, but they use some pragma sorcery in their headers, uhg

also, for some reason bbleanskin starts the 32bit engine, but still fails to hook 32bit windows

but the executable icons are back :D

#31 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:31 AM

when i compile and run everything in the debugger, the plugins load without a problem, but in release they refuse to :)

Edit: fixed, expect the plugins to work in rc3 (except for bbanalogex maybe, it's kinda wonky)

#32 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

hehe, i tried a quick debug too, and had a same issue... the plugins behave well, what the hell was that, diabol? :D

ad pragma sourcery: yes, there is still plenty of cleanup work to do

Edit: maybe you can point me in the sources where the hook is happening and i will try to debug it. i know nothing about the skinning, really, kinda new to me.

#33 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Just a small ask... This is an issue left over from the original BBSDK, it pertains to the SetWindowPos with every plugin. By default it is set to 0,0 + user x and y so multimonitor setups can't have plugins on multiple screens (unless it's to the right of the primary monitor). Some plugins also check for positions beyond the current resolution and pull them back to 0,0. BBCalendar suffers from a similar issue, if placed on my second monitor (to the left of my primary monitor) it jumps back to the primary on load.

okay, we will look at it in near future

#34 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

hehe, i tried a quick debug too, and had a same issue... the plugins behave well, what the hell was that, diabol? :D

ad pragma sourcery: yes, there is still plenty of cleanup work to do

Edit: maybe you can point me in the sources where the hook is happening and i will try to debug it. i know nothing about the skinning, really, kinda new to me.

already done it and sent a pull request :D

the aggressiveoptimize.h files set a pragma for the linker which tells it to merge .data, .rdata and .reloc sections in release-mode (not happening in debug)

with the current linking options apparently the sections get different attributes or something (the linker complains with a warning) and shoopdawoop, bad stuff happens

#35 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

GRR! :D i knew i should get rid of these agressiveoptimize! (i did for bbcalendar and that's why this one works)

#36 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

thanks and let me know, Scruffty.. what about visual side for example?

i have some issues with some of my windows (seem to be missing blackbox decoration, i.e. frame and buttons etc)

Hello mojmir!

I'm having a tiny visual issue with the menus. everytime I set the menu to draw separators they disappear when I log out and log in. I can live without separators but the thing is driving me nuts because I am wondering if it's not some trivial thing like my style file not correctly written. I tried the other zero base versions and I have the same issue.

Thanks if you can help 

www.survivingmauritius.com

#37 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hello mojmir!

I'm having a tiny visual issue with the menus. everytime I set the menu to draw separators they disappear when I log out and log in. I can live without separators but the thing is driving me nuts because I am wondering if it's not some trivial thing like my style file not correctly written. I tried the other zero base versions and I have the same issue.

Thanks if you can help 

it is exactly that.

i have found that a few stray menu items do not get written to disk (i already fixed bullets and some other things i cant live without).

the good news is that the problem is not exactly a bug, it's just that in the sources the registration for the config entries got cut at some point in the merge between bblean <-> bbclean-xzero

and the even better news is that they are easy to fix and pretty easy to find :D

#38 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

and the even better news is that they are easy to fix and pretty easy to find :D

:biggrin:  You said too much or not enough...

Please Mr Diabol :devil:  light my lantern, how am I going to fix and find those "blank nexuses" :woot:

#39 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Ah... :rolleyes:  ok... gonna get fixed in rc3 :rolleyes:

#40 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Ah... :rolleyes:  ok... gonna get fixed in rc3 :rolleyes:

https://github.com/x...ox/Settings.cpp around line 1050

https://github.com/x.../ConfigMenu.cpp around line 180

some parts of those are not in sync. that being said, my separators are black on black if i set separatorstyle to flat and grey when i set it to bevel

(i have a minimalist light gray-on-black style)

probably they also do not get rendered correctly, still, uh, it's gonna be in rc3 or rc4 :)

• meanmechanics likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users