#82 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

i fixed bbFoomp on devel branch.

there are still minor bugs, but for me it's working a bit and it does not crashes blackbox.

wild stuff there: there was a timer function that tried to write to rc file with empty path, so it wanted to report the error, but in the deferred message box the timer kicked in again, and again and again.. so you could observe a never ending tide of message boxes. lovely.

Thanks for the fix, it seems to be working ok for me now. The only issue seems to be unicode support, which is one thing that really kills it for me. I hope its something I'm just doing wrong and not the plugin itself.

I look forward to trying out the new build when you get to it :>

#83 tordenflesk

tordenflesk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

i installed xp 64 professional sp1 in virtual and the installer it works perfectly. (version 5.2.3790 sp1 build 3790)   what xp do you have exactly, tordenflesk? when exactly the problem you describe appears?

I'm on XP pro x64 SP2, the later installer you posted worked just fine.
  • pitkon likes this

#84 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

tordenflesk> thank .* for that :)

#85 Twottitdo

Twottitdo

Tech Minded

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

Not sure if I am supposed to report or anything, but I have your latest build installed on win7 64 bit, along with Winstep Xtreme, Launchy and all works fine, I use Clementine so can't say about music player ext.

#86 XZero450

XZero450

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCentral Wisconsin

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for the fix, it seems to be working ok for me now. The only issue seems to be unicode support, which is one thing that really kills it for me. I hope its something I'm just doing wrong and not the plugin itself.

I look forward to trying out the new build when you get to it :>

Unicode support hasn't been added across the board. If I recall correctly, it will take some modification to enable Unicode support in legacy(non-bbLean 1.17). The primary objective is to get them functional, secondary is enhancing. :)

#87 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

Unicode support hasn't been added across the board. If I recall correctly, it will take some modification to enable Unicode support in legacy(non-bbLean 1.17). The primary objective is to break their functionality, secondary are enhancements. :)

fixed that for you

#88 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

i tried to enable unicode for all blackbox... this went badly wrong, there are hundreds of places that needs correcting.

i wonder where the addition leads... bbLean 2.0? it seems it affects everything from BBApi to plugins

#89 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

i tried to enable unicode for all blackbox... this went as outlined in the roadmap for 2.0 (break everything)

#90 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

i tried to enable unicode for all blackbox... this went badly wrong, there are hundreds of places that needs correcting.

i wonder where the addition leads... bbLean 2.0? it seems it affects everything from BBApi to plugins

Shame. It's not of the utmost importance, but something to be added to a list of additions once everything is stable. Thanks again for looking into it!

#91 WoldemarShiPa

WoldemarShiPa

• Validating
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hello everyone. I was using the latest bblean version from http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/ but was missing some functionality. So I decided bring some new features:

- mouse drag'n'drop task reordering in bbLeanBar (inspired by nocd's build)

- workspace switch buttons with full/empty indication (dwm-like)

- minor changes in bbLeanBar (mouse middle button restores/maximizes, changed clock and workspace label width policy)

- hide window caption if maximized (personally, I dropped this feature because some windows apps simply couldn't hide caption (for example, taskmgr) and windows maximizes every window without caption to fullscreen, ignoring any bars (even explorer.exe bar), though it necessary to hide/show caption during that operations and it leads to either flickering or slow maximizing)

Here the sources: https://github.com/x...ugunkinx/bblean

• pitkon, xDemonessx, diabol and 1 other like this

#92 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

That's wonderful, Woldermar! I think this should merit a new topic under New Builds. Care to create one and upload the executives there?

#93 WoldemarShiPa

WoldemarShiPa

• Validating
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Of course, it is better to create one

#94 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Of course, it is better to create one

OK, then, go ahead :)

#95 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hello everyone. I was using the latest bblean version from http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/ but was missing some functionality. So I decided bring some new features:

- mouse drag'n'drop task reordering in bbLeanBar (inspired by nocd's build)

- workspace switch buttons with full/empty indication (dwm-like)

- minor changes in bbLeanBar (mouse middle button restores/maximizes, changed clock and workspace label width policy)

- hide window caption if maximized (personally, I dropped this feature because some windows apps simply couldn't hide caption (for example, taskmgr) and windows maximizes every window without caption to fullscreen, ignoring any bars (even explorer.exe bar), though it necessary to hide/show caption during that operations and it leads to either flickering or slow maximizing)

Here the sources: https://github.com/x...ugunkinx/bblean

welcome to the crowd :)

would you like to join in on https://github.com/x...bclean-xzero450 ?

Then we'd be 4 developers :D

• pitkon, xDemonessx and meanmechanics like this

#96 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

i'm d'Artagnan! :D

• pitkon likes this

#97 technorati

technorati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

Running this as a shell with windows 7 x64. It works really well and the only strangeness I have so far encountered is

that first time I installed it the installer finished its job, closed and then I went to look for the directory it had installed to

and there was nothing there. It had failed to extract any files to the drive. I ran the installer again after rebooting and

this time it worked. It runs excellently with windowblinds and several UXthemes I have tried

• pitkon likes this

#98 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Have some minor issues:

1. bbstylemaker crashed on my 2nd laptop. Each time I try to save a style it crashes

2. bbfoomp works but I can't save anything to rc, I ctrl+S .rc>bbnote save the rc>when I reopen rc everything is back to default.

3. lean bars still behave inappropriately.

4. not really an issue but annoying, the installer installs the redistributables even though I already have them. Isn't there a way to make the installer check if the redis. isn't already installed?

Some very pleasant improvements:

1. I don't know if you three fixed something but bb runs smoothly at startup, windows too starts up smoothly, not the blitz I'm dreaming of but I'm quite happy.

2. I used some heavy (heavy for me and configuration) drawing softwares at work : Autocad, photoshop, sketchup (sketchup is light until your drawing starts growing), illustrator, painter etc sometimes I use two or three of these software (i use corel painter alone) in the past bb would crash or lag but since the new build it did not happen.

www.survivingmauritius.com

#99 technorati

technorati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

Have some minor issues:

1. bbstylemaker crashed on my 2nd laptop. Each time I try to save a style it crashes

2. bbfoomp works but I can't save anything to rc, I ctrl+S .rc>bbnote save the rc>when I reopen rc everything is back to default.

3. lean bars still behave inappropriately.

4. not really an issue but annoying, the installer installs the redistributables even though I already have them. Isn't there a way to make the installer check if the redis. isn't already installed?

Some very pleasant improvements:

1. I don't know if you three fixed something but bb runs smoothly at startup, windows too starts up smoothly, not the blitz I'm dreaming of but I'm quite happy.

2. I used some heavy (heavy for me and configuration) drawing softwares at work : Autocad, photoshop, sketchup (sketchup is light until your drawing starts growing), illustrator, painter etc sometimes I use two or three of these software (i use corel painter alone) in the past bb would crash or lag but since the new build it did not happen.

something strange happened to me along those lines but not as seriously as you appear to have been affected. I know it's trivial very trivial but when I looked into the "start>programs>accessories" folder, programs such as snip, are missing, also a few others I hardly use. I can still start snip by making a shortcut to it but it is strange none-the-less. For me that isnt major and I do not think it is entirely connected to this version of BB but I will investigate further

#100 skwire

skwire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:21 AM

I swear I saw links in one of the first few posts some time ago but I can't seem to find them now.  I might be blind, but are the downloads for this build available anywhere?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users