• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#121 Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

For some reason Win key to open menu is not working in some x64 apps, other hotkeys work fine...

Zeros and ones are everything - execute me!

#122 knowom

knowom

bbMechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

This version of SystemBarEx is excellent though for some reason the auto hide is working a bit screwy for me returns back after auto hide like semi transparenty or hued or something and when I hold cursor down buttom to brings it back up it doesn't want to stay up in the way you'd expect. It's got a lot of new features though from the last version I had tried which was only 32bit so the fact that it's 64bit is great in and of itself. Also when I click on a tool bar tab it doesn't auto minimize that's a bit annoying having to right click and then minimize it instead of just click on it to minimize or maximize which tab's highlighted on the toolbar. I had to kinda tweak my RC for it a bit to get it setup how I like, but it's looking decent this defiantly can replace boxIcon for me because it has auto hide even tho it's kinda buggy a bit and it has the hover tool tip that I always loved with SystemBarEx back in my old bbCLean version I used for a bit very handy. I still miss one of the versions of bb4win that had process priority built into it though and it may have had cpu affinity built in as well for me that's sorely missed it was a excellent feature. This is a great build though overall tons of new 64 bit plugins.
  • pitkon likes this

#123 passing_by

passing_by

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

I recently switched to this build from older bblean.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's something I did wrong, but clicking an empty space in bbIconBox sends me to workspace 1. Sometimes, Clicking on a task icon sends me to that task then immediately to ws1.

​Edit: it seems to toggle when clicking between app icons. One odd click will switch to an app, one even click will switch to whatever in ws1. Clicking on empty slot in any workspace will send you to ws1.

​Also, the top border of the windows doesn't seem to be factored anymore when maximizing windows and overlaps bbLeanBar a bit(probably solvable by turning on AlwaysOnTop).

​Edit2: I switched to the older bblean(with plugins from new one), both headaches gone.

Attached Files

#124 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

This version of SystemBarEx is excellent though for some reason the auto hide is working a bit screwy for me returns back after auto hide like semi transparenty or hued or something and when I hold cursor down buttom to brings it back up it doesn't want to stay up in the way you'd expect. It's got a lot of new features though from the last version I had tried which was only 32bit so the fact that it's 64bit is great in and of itself. Also when I click on a tool bar tab it doesn't auto minimize that's a bit annoying having to right click and then minimize it instead of just click on it to minimize or maximize which tab's highlighted on the toolbar. I had to kinda tweak my RC for it a bit to get it setup how I like, but it's looking decent this defiantly can replace boxIcon for me because it has auto hide even tho it's kinda buggy a bit and it has the hover tool tip that I always loved with SystemBarEx back in my old bbCLean version I used for a bit very handy. I still miss one of the versions of bb4win that had process priority built into it though and it may have had cpu affinity built in as well for me that's sorely missed it was a excellent feature. This is a great build though overall tons of new 64 bit plugins.

maybe Jonathan will look at this as this is his pet? :) (if i recall correctly)

• knowom likes this

#125 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's something I did wrong, but clicking an empty space in bbIconBox sends me to workspace 1. Sometimes, Clicking on a task icon sends me to that task then immediately to ws1.

fixed that yesterday. bbiconbox was speaking to bb with older protocol.

• pitkon likes this

#126 starstuff

starstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:02 AM

hello mojmir,

using blackbox 64-bit version on windows 7 64-bit

i encounter this "The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to ....", i was able to run this once, when i restarted the computer, this problem came up. I'm able to use the 32-bit version of blackbox on windows 7 64-bit though.

Thanks

#127 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

hello starstuff,

"The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to ...."

hmm, according to internet this can have multiple causes... are you sure you have 64b windows installed?

if you are, then i would try to reinstall the redistributable:

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=30679

run vcredist_x64.exe, there is a button "repair" and reboot. or you can try to uninstall it and then make a fresh install.

take a look to these two links they seem to be relevant:

http://www.tomshardw...0xc000007b.html

http://www.solveinwe...he-application/

#128 starstuff

starstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

hello mojmir,

thanks for the reply, i thought its a blackbox problem. will check out the links, Thank You!

#129 legocris

legocris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

Hello, just downloaded this build, and an error appeared saying it cannot find this dll "msvcr110.dll". I googled and found that the dll was from Microsoft visual c++, so I installed it.

Now I can actually open blackbox but the error is still there, everytime I open blackbox (I've installed it as shell, so the messasge appears on windows start), also the dll is there on system 32.

Other problem is that firefox doesn't use the bblean skin, I've checked the exceptions file and it isn't there, ¿any fix for this?.

#130 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

ad dlls: you need msvc redistributables for visual studio 2012 (probably both x64 and x86). in newer builds there is an installer which should do that for you

otherwise you can download them in here:

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=30679

after clicking download select

VSU_4vcredist_x64.exe

VSU_4vcredist_x86.exe

and install both.

ad firefox: at least two options: you can switch firefox in "classic" mode. or add it in exceptions so that blackbox ignores it. maybe folks from here knows about more options..

• pitkon likes this

#131 legocris

legocris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Ah, that is!. I did only installed the x64 version of msvcr... With the x86 one it got solved.

For firefox it was already on clasic mode, and it seems that it got solved when I installed the 32bit version of msvc.

Thanks for the help.

#132 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

I just did a new build of blackbox, you will find it in section

http://blackbox4wind...-mojmirs-build/

as soon as Pete refreshes it with the new one.

bbZero_install_1.17.2-190-g0a58_mojmir.part1.rar

bbZero_install_1.17.2-190-g0a58_mojmir.part2.rar

what's new:

* fixed gradient flickering

* bbInterface has new mixer for vista+

* fixed bug in iconbox that switched workspaces on click

* removed some modules declared as obsolette (mostly because they are duplicated like bbAnalog and bbAnalogEx)

* fixed bbstylemaker crash. it does not crash anymore, but it may change styles on "save".. so watch out and report any errors!

to explain the name:

"bbZero_install_1.17.2-190-g0a58_mojmir"

1.17.2 is version i am working on

190 is number of commits from tag 1.17.2.

g0a58 is some hash of the commit

the name "1.17.2-190-g0a58" pinpoints exactly the version of source code from which the build was built

• Liquid likes this

#133 legocris

legocris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Excellent I'm downloading right now!

Hey mojmir can you help me a bit with some c++ things? Well I just don't know where to start. I want to learn some c++ and I would like to practice modifying some things on the bblean/zero source (where can I download it) to see if I can add something nice.

So I would like to know what programs do you use for programing on c++. I mean, I want to configure a nice environment to start writing code easily. So I just want some help to choose the right compiler, editor and those things.

Note: I'm not a hyper novice in what programming respects, I've been developing games in game maker for some years (something like 8) and during that time I have learned many things that games need (AI creation, pathfindigs, textures, buffers, shaders, etc) I've also read some OOP tutorials, I have witted little codes in other languages but I have never really programed on anything more than in gml (game maker language). So I think learning c++ will be a nice challenge and I hope someday I'll be able to help a bit in the bb development.

If you want, you can answer in an mp.

Thanks.

• pitkon likes this

#134 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

hi legocris,

Hey mojmir can you help me a bit with some c++ things? Well I just don't know where to start. I want to learn some c++ and I would like to practice modifying some things on the bblean/zero source (where can I download it) to see if I can add something nice.

the main articles are here:

how to get sources:

http://blackbox4wind...x-from-sources/

how to debug blackbox:

http://blackbox4wind...gging-blackbox/

So I would like to know what programs do you use for programing on c++. I mean, I want to configure a nice environment to start writing code easily. So I just want some help to choose the right compiler, editor and those things.

visual studio is allright these days. i am using versions 2012 and 2013.

Note: I'm not a hyper novice in what programming respects, I've been developing games in game maker for some years (something like 8) and during that time I have learned many things that games need (AI creation, pathfindigs, textures, buffers, shaders, etc) I've also read some OOP tutorials, I have witted little codes in other languages but I have never really programed on anything more than in gml (game maker language). So I think learning c++ will be a nice challenge and I hope someday I'll be able to help a bit in the bb development.

hehe i am game developper myself :D

• pitkon likes this

#135 legocris

legocris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for all the help, I'll be practicing!

P.D: Is nice to see that I'm not alone on game-making in this community :). I'll see if I can post something about a game that I'm developing on this forum, I hope to have something nice to show up on next weeks.

#136 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

* fixed bbstylemaker crash. it does not crash anymore, but it may change styles on "save".. so watch out and report any errors!

It would be great if you could add style commands missing from bbstylemaker, since it's quite old. I mean splithorizontal/splitvertical, mirrorhorizontal/mirrorvertical, wavehorizontal/wavevertical and blockhorizontal/blockvertical  :D

• Liquid likes this

#137 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

Looks like I came back just in time. Thanks, mojmir :) I noticed the menu now has separators too :)

It would be great if you could add style commands missing from bbstylemaker, since it's quite old. I mean splithorizontal/splitvertical, mirrorhorizontal/mirrorvertical, wavehorizontal/wavevertical and blockhorizontal/blockvertical  :D

Actually, those style commands don't seem to be working for me in this new build. I'm using the 64 bit install on Win 8.1. Styles with splitvertical gradient appear instead as vertical gradient.

keescg.png

#138 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

the crash in the bbstylemaker was due to half-implementation of split/etc gradients. i had to roll that back.

someone, someday, somehow will surely implement this ;)

#139 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Looks like I came back just in time. Thanks, mojmir :) I noticed the menu now has separators too :)

Actually, those style commands don't seem to be working for me in this new build. I'm using the 64 bit install on Win 8.1. Styles with splitvertical gradient appear instead as vertical gradient.

They do work for me. And I am using the same build, Mojmir's latest, but on a 32-bit environment. Not that it matters. Did you try many split gradient styles?

#140 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

the crash in the bbstylemaker was due to half-implementation of split/etc gradients. i had to roll that back.

someone, someday, somehow will surely implement this ;)

No worries. That's understandable :)

They do work for me. And I am using the same build, Mojmir's latest, but on a 32-bit environment. Not that it matters. Did you try many split gradient styles?

Really? Yes, I tried 5 of yours and one of mine. They all display without the split or mirror - just the gradient.

keescg.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users