Photo

What is this line called?

Best Answer xDemonessx , 19 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

Those are menu separators. You can adjust the settings by using the context menu to navigate to Configuration > Menus > Separators, check and uncheck Draw Separators is an option under Menus as well. I believe in the menu.rc you can decide where they are placed by using [nop]. For an example, see https://github.com/x...ettings/menu.rc

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 starstuff

starstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I need help in figuring out what is this line called?

Posted Image

This is from bblean 1.17, when i upgraded to mojmir build, those lines are gone. I like to recreate those line again.

Thank You!

#2 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:58 AM   Best Answer

Those are menu separators. You can adjust the settings by using the context menu to navigate to Configuration > Menus > Separators, check and uncheck Draw Separators is an option under Menus as well. I believe in the menu.rc you can decide where they are placed by using [nop]. For an example, see https://github.com/x...ettings/menu.rc

• diabol and starstuff like this

#3 starstuff

starstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

thank you xDemonessx!

#4 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

You can also set separator color and shadow by editing the style's file.

• starstuff likes this

#5 starstuff

starstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

what is the name of the separator? i would like to change the color, here is my current style, thank you!

!--menu--! The menu titlebarmenu.title.appearance: flat solidmenu.title.backgroundColor: #33393amenu.title.textColor: #e6e6e6menu.title.font: Calibremenu.title.fontHeight: 15menu.title.fontWeight: boldmenu.title.alignment: leftmenu.title.marginWidth: 2! The menu framemenu.frame.appearance: flat solidmenu.frame.backgroundColor: #33393amenu.frame.textColor: #e6e6e6menu.frame.disabledColor: #8a8a8amenu.frame.font: Calibrimenu.frame.fontHeight: 19menu.frame.alignment: leftmenu.frame.foregroundColor: #e6e6e6menu.frame.marginWidth: 1! Bullets for submenu items!menu.bullet: empty, triangle, square, circle or diamond!menu.bullet.position: right or left! The highlighted menu itemmenu.active.appearance: flat solidmenu.active.backgroundColor: #6b6b6bmenu.active.textColor: #ffffffmenu.active.foregroundColor: #6b6b6bmenu.active.marginWidth: 0menu.bullet: trianglemenu.bullet.position: right

#6 crowmag

crowmag

bbDinosaur

• VIP Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

These are some of the extra style settings that started with bbClean - there are more. I just coped and pased these from my current style so, this is only an example (I keep these in a seperate section in the style file in case a Linux/Unix user wants to use the file):

! -------- bbCLEAN SETTINGS -------- ! -------- menus -------- menu.separator.margin: 4 ! default color is "menu.frame.textColor" menu.separator.color: #86a5df ! -------- shadows -------- toolbar.windowlabel.shadowColor:   #254394 toolbar.windowlabel.shadowX:   1 toolbar.windowlabel.shadowY:   1 menu.title.shadowColor: #254394 menu.title.shadowX: 1 menu.title.shadowY: 1 menu.active.shadowColor:   #254394 menu.active.shadowX:   1 menu.active.shadowY:   1 window.label.focus.shadowColor: #254394 window.label.focus.shadowX: 1 window.label.focus.shadowY: 1

• pitkon and starstuff like this

#7 starstuff

starstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

thank you crowmag! :) :) :)

#8 crowmag

crowmag

bbDinosaur

• VIP Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

thank you crowmag! :) :) :)

You're very welcome. Here is a more complete list:

! ------------------ bbCLEAN SETTINGS ----------------
! Posix platforms should delete the following sections
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

! -------- menus --------
menu.separator.margin: 4
! default color is "menu.frame.textColor"
menu.separator.color:   #ffffff

! -------- shadows --------
menu.separator.shadowColor:   #000000
menu.separator.shadowX:   1
menu.separator.shadowY:   1

toolbar.shadowColor: #000000
toolbar.shadowX: 1
toolbar.shadowY: 1

toolbar.label.shadowColor: #000000
toolbar.label.shadowX: 1
toolbar.label.shadowY: 1

toolbar.windowlabel.shadowColor: #000000
toolbar.windowlabel.shadowX: 1
toolbar.windowlabel.shadowY: 1

toolbar.clock.shadowColor: #000000
toolbar.clock.shadowX: 1
toolbar.clock.shadowY: 1

menu.title.shadowColor:   #000000
menu.title.shadowX:   1
menu.title.shadowY:   1

menu.frame.shadowColor:   #000000
menu.frame.shadowX:   1
menu.frame.shadowY:   1

menu.active.shadowColor: #000000
menu.active.shadowX: 1
menu.active.shadowY: 1

window.label.focus.shadowColor:   #000000
window.label.focus.shadowX:   1
window.label.focus.shadowY:   1

window.label.unfocus.shadowColor:   #000000
window.label.unfocus.shadowX:   1
window.label.unfocus.shadowY:   1
The "menu.separator.shadow~" settings were completely undocumented when bbClean came out. I found them by accident when I was displeased with the hard edged look the seperator was giving a style I was doing and I could see it had a shadow on it. So I said to myself "self, if you were a developer and you had a setting named "menu.separator", what would you name the shadow setting?". Tried it and it worked.

BTW, if you set "menu.separator.shadowColor:" to the same color as "menu.frame.backgroundColor:", it looks much better on solid flat styles... IMO.

• pitkon and starstuff like this

#9 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

The "menu.separator.shadow~" settings were completely undocumented when bbClean came out. I found them by accident when I was displeased with the hard edged look the seperator was giving a style I was doing and I could see it had a shadow on it. So I said to myself "self, if you were a developer and you had a setting named "menu.separator", what would you name the shadow setting?". Tried it and it worked.

Lol... I loved that... But it WAS documented. I do remember me and Zeytok talking about it and then me and noccy :)

#10 crowmag

crowmag

bbDinosaur

• VIP Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

But it WAS documented. I do remember me and Zeytok talking about it and then me and noccy :)

You are right. From the changelog TXT:

# New entry in styles files: (* mean any item with "color", "colorTo", "textColor", ...) *shadowColor: black *shadowX: 0 *shadowY: 0 (shadowX=0 and shadowY=0 disable shadows) menu.separator.margin: 2 menu.separator.color: (default color is "menu.frame.textColor")
Unfortunately, that blew right over my head at the time and as a result I  just worked it out with a bit of logic. BTW: what happened to:

- New bullet from bbleanMod : saturn, jupiter, mars, venus
Must have been removed in favor of the new custom bullet bitmaps cuz they no worky no mo.

#11 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

BTW: what happened to:

Must have been removed in favor of the new custom bullet bitmaps cuz they no worky no mo.

Ah, saturn, jupiter, mars & venus, my names contribution to Zeytok's build :) They are still here, but as you said most (me included) prefer bitmaps.

#12 sitalk

sitalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Does the menu.separator.margin setting work on BBZero?

While color works, I can't get to work the margin, don't know if there's something wrong with my style settings...

#13 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

The syntax is menu.separator.margin: 32

Used to work in BBClean-XZero450 and Mojmir migrated most of it to his build, so it should work.

XZero450 commented: "Margin creates a pixel based buffer from the edge of the menu thus the margin set to 32 is a 32 pixel buffer to control the size of the separators."

#14 sitalk

sitalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

Thanks pitkon, it does work indeed!

All I had to do is disable "Full Width" on the separator's settings.

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users