21 replies to this topic

#1 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Using BBInterface you can replace almost everything and create your own desktops. Even change things that couldn't be changed so far, like the popup menu. Here's a shot of how you can change your menu (the options are endless):

Attached File  New Menu.PNG   1.44MB   25 downloads

In case you are wondering, yes, you can still use right click to bring up the menu. All you need is a transparent frame to cover all your desktop area and a Control Option to bring up the menu via a right click bro@m. Or you can improvise and use left click for YOUR menu and right click for BB's default menu (but who would want to go back to the limited-options default menu? :) )

And, yes, you can bring up submenus wthl all your original stuff as well, tweaked to your liking, with colors and icons of your liking and add anything you can think of, from audio players to games :)

You can also do things a current default menu can't do, like open all subfolders at once, or move the menu with open subfolder(s) to anywhere on the desktop. Needless to say, you can use any icon of any size, place it anywhere on the menus and their switchbuttons and not limit yourself to menu.icons. You can also use bitmaps and change the face of your menus entirely, with rounded edges or images and stuff, something that till now could only be done with Litestep and other bitmap-based shells.

And another one:

Attached File  New Menu2.PNG   571.56KB   13 downloads

And yet another one. Here the menu is round.

Attached File  New Menu3.PNG   842.91KB   10 downloads

• cthu1hu likes this

#2 firewater

firewater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

hey this looks pretty promising! by this point i don't think bblean has much to envy to litestep

• pitkon likes this

#3 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

hey this looks pretty promising! by this point i don't think bblean has much to envy to litestep

Blackbox has something no other shell has, bbinterface - the ability to create your own desktops within minutes. On the other hand, Litestep has some modules I'd like to see ported to BB plugins :)

#4 AustinBeets

AustinBeets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

One thing I still don't fully understand: Is there a 64 bits version of bbInterface available perhaps?

#5 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

One thing I still don't fully understand: Is there a 64 bits version of bbInterface available perhaps?

There is not, but the 32-bit version works flawlessly with some 64-bit BB builds.

#6 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

There is not, but the 32-bit version works flawlessly with some 64-bit BB builds.

Actually there is, it's bundled with moj's builds

#7 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Actually there is, it's bundled with moj's builds

I stand corrected. Yes, it is. My bad, I haven't heard of many happy experiences when bbi is used on a 64-bit environment.

#8 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Is there anything we can do to get a systembar replacement that has the bitmapping?

#9 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

Is there anything we can do to get a systembar replacement that has the bitmapping?

Of course, but it has to be bbinterface combined with bbleanbar. I mean you can replace Label and Clock with bbi, but you would still need window label and tasks, something bbinterface can't imitate, at least in its current state. But who knows what's in store for the future? In the case of bbi/bblb combined, you'd need a frame to hold two labels for Label and Clock and a child frame for bblean bar (with label and clock options commented out). Bitmapping could be done on the labels and on the frame holding bblb. You could play with transparency for more effects. OR, you could do your own systembar using only bbi's options (endless possibilities) and a bbi switchbutton to make bbleanbar appear and disappear at will for a more exotic look.

#10 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

If bbIconbox had a few of bbLeanbar's features it would work great in a bbi frame - like text labels for tasks and hiding icons in the system tray.

I'm going to give the 64bit version a shot and see how it works here.

#11 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Maybe bbleanbar, bbiconbox AND bbinterface combined? :D Gonna try this myself :)

#12 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

Maybe bbleanbar, bbiconbox AND bbinterface combined? :D Gonna try this myself :)

Oh yeah, bbLeanbar for the systray. I couldn't unzip bbZero. I don't have freeware that supports split rar archives, and it crashes 7zip. The github page doesn't have binaries to download.

#13 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

Oh yeah, bbLeanbar for the systray. I couldn't unzip bbZero. I don't have freeware that supports split rar archives, and it crashes 7zip. The github page doesn't have binaries to download.

You don't need software to split rars, my friend. Download both parts and unzip the first - the other will be automatically unzipped in the same folder. But wait a bit, mojmir will soon upload his latest one which is awesome...

#14 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

Alright, will do Pete.

• pitkon likes this

#15 Pico_No_Blackbox

Pico_No_Blackbox

AHK Scripter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

did this but only used half my desktop for one menu and left the other alone for the classic menu until i trust BBI more. for some reason it keeps randomly not writing info to the rc file even when i tell it to save. I think it might be some read/write permission issue i may have over looked. or maybe because my system is encrypted, i dunno. 

#16 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

did this but only used half my desktop for one menu and left the other alone for the classic menu until i trust BBI more. for some reason it keeps randomly not writing info to the rc file even when i tell it to save. I think it might be some read/write permission issue i may have over looked. or maybe because my system is encrypted, i dunno. 

Have you checked Clear Configuration On Load?

#17 ojred

ojred

Sourceforger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

WHOOOAAAAH! :laugh: I remember BBInterface now! and it is awesome. It has been maybe 10 years since I last touched it, but I'm still getting myself updated after being away for so many years. I'm currently running BBZero on Windows 10 and it runs fun. I'm going to disect every part of Blackbox, plugins and whatnot until my memory is completely restored, buhahaha! :cool:

• pitkon and knowom like this

Sourceforger is back!

#18 knowom

knowom

bbMechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:04 AM

I know the feeling ojred it's been a few years since I've used it myself and the whole reason I came back was solely for this idea I had in my head about using BB4WIN for windowed mode gaming. The positive is it can emulate a cinematic 21:9 movie like aspect ratio brilliantly perfect in a way that windows itself just can't hope to touch in it's current form because you can hide desktop icons from view site. It also happens to be a work around to resolution downscaling on my 4K display many of them will strictly only run resolution lower than 4K and above 1080p at 30Hz rather than 60Hz which is a huge problem however with BB4WIN and windowed boarderless mode you can effective fix that. by scaling the game configurations. The nice perk of all of that of course is better frame rates when you are GPU bottle necked which of course at 4K is rather common enough.

• pitkon likes this

#19 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

WHOOOAAAAH! :laugh: I remember BBInterface now! and it is awesome. It has been maybe 10 years since I last touched it, but I'm still getting myself updated after being away for so many years. I'm currently running BBZero on Windows 10 and it runs fun. I'm going to disect every part of Blackbox, plugins and whatnot until my memory is completely restored, buhahaha! :cool:

BBInterface is simply awesome, one of the best plugins ever imho.

#20 klyxmaster

klyxmaster

Advanced Member

• VIP Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

can anyone provide and updated link to the bbinteface for this old guy so I can catch up? The only bbinterface I see in my bbzero is bbinterface_iTunes

• pitkon likes this

View my old bblean themes here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users