Photo

Face The Marauder (A Halloween Theme Special)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chalky10

chalky10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Attached File  ftmscreenie1.png   977.25KB   2 downloads

Attached File  ftmscreenie2.png   853.84KB   0 downloads

This is my first ever Blackbox theme so please dont be to cruel.

This theme is based on pitkons Moonlight for Blackbox for which I have his kind permission.

The background is Face the Marauder by Marko-Djurdjevic which is also by kind permission.

I wanted to have this ready in time for Halloween as it seemed appropriate, although it could be used anytime. All the necessary elements are included in the theme pack. - Style file. - bbinterface.rc. - Plugins. - Backgrounds & other images. - Fonts. - Icons. - Sounds. - Bonus Pack. Comprehensive readme,s in each element folder. All the required permissions have been approved. After installation you will need to use the path to where you placed the icon images and add them for yourself. I have included some Windows common shell: comand shortcut buttons

with working paths but you will have to add your own static text and left mouse down action paths for the remainder,but that is the idea of the interface,you add your own custom shortcuts to wherever you want and they do just whatever you configure them to do, thereby making it your own.

The Visual Style is Placebo for Windows 7 by solMiler, Black Market Variant.

I am currently running this setup on a Windows 7 sp1, 32 bit system with Blackbox bblean 1.17.1

I have put many hours of thought and hard work into this theme

and have tried and tested it to the best of my ability. I hope you enjoy this theme as much as I do and if you have any problems contact details are provided in the readme files, and I will do my very best to get back to you. chalky10

Attached File  Face_ The_ Marauder.zip   38.92MB   69 downloads

• pitkon, cthu1hu and firewater like this

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

This is really great, especially for a first theme. I applaud you for the way you have included everything, with instructions and all that stuff. Takes a lot of effort and time and I know how much you toiled over it  - but it's an enjoyable effort, don't you think? And it's nice to see how you managed to combine two colors - black and brown - that usually don't work too well together, adding a third (toolbar window label) that was in my original Moonlight for Blackbox style (thank you for using it) which, to be frank, I am not sure if it fits with the rest of the background hues. You used the same font throughout, which is cool, and this must be one of the most complete packs I have ever seen (still can't believe it's almost 40 MB... lol). I would also like to see the unfocused window in the screenshot (or the focused one, not sure which one is included in the screenie here)  just to get the full effect. But you can always re-upload the screenie (and maybe put it on top and move the downloadable zip file at the bottom, while you're at it?). All in all, this is an excellent effort and I can't wait for your next theme.

#3 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

Aha! This needs to be sound-themed with some pieces from the Iron Maiden... or King Diamond as a hardcore variant  :nuke:

The next step(s) could be: to create appropriate themes for each international holiday and automatically change them on ocasion all a year around  :rolleyes:

• pitkon likes this

#4 chalky10

chalky10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

Hi pitkon,

Thanks for your positive feedback, I am flattered. No probs on the extra screenie, here it is :smile:

• pitkon likes this

#5 chalky10

chalky10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:25 PM

Hi E-xecutive,thanks for the feed back :thumbsup:

l included scarry Halloween sounds in the pack but I love the heavy metal idea, Metallica anyone :wallbash:

As for making international holiday variants thats exactly what someone else said,

"How about a Christmas theme"

so I may yet do an xmas special, there,s a ton of material out there.

• pitkon likes this

#6 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

You're wellcome.
Yeah, I like [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Metallica much more, but IMHO their music is very conceptual, based on long passages, and it would be hard to find short themes there.[/color]

As for a Christmas theme, look at the Wham! (early George Michael) -- their 'Last Christmas' of 1984 or 1986 remix would be great.

OK. When speaking about music, tastes always differ. Everyone sweeps before his own door  B)

Anyway, it would be very helpful for you to use the Guitar Pro or, as a free variant, the TuxGuitar to find and operate little parts of melodies. The software gives wide opportunity to assemble any melody from a notes-coded midi prepared by you or other users, and play it as midi or natural music, no vocals. There are thousands of ready coded midis on the net...

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users