• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

Recently I've cleaned up my all black style and made the file as small as reasonably possible (24 lines)

Screenshot:

Attached File  all_black_min_screenshot.png   443.08KB   19 downloads

Style (wallpaper not included):

Attached File  All_Black_min.zip   450bytes   124 downloads

• pitkon, Paz, monkey/cucumber and 2 others like this

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Nice, clean and dark! And the configuration menu applied for modesty... :D Good work, diabol!

• monkey/cucumber likes this

#3 Arc Angel

Arc Angel

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:40 AM

Nice, the darks really set off the, umm, whites  :whistling:

I've got a free and easy fix for your Total Commander registration issue - DoubleCommander - Left TC for it years ago and haven't looked back. Try the latest snapshot, 32bit as 64bit has some plugin issues.

What is The Ashrealm?

#4 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:26 AM

I've got a free and easy fix for your Total Commander registration issue - DoubleCommander - Left TC for it years ago and haven't looked back. Try the latest snapshot, 32bit as 64bit has some plugin issues.

No way dude, there's nothing that can replace TotalCommander.

It's one of the few file managers which does everything right:

It gets out of your way, it works perfectly, it's search is blissful, it has a freaking multi-rename tool, it can open all sorts of packages as virtual folders (freaking isos!)

and best of all: for as long as i've known it, it hasn't changed it's look ever (apart from the name change which was strange, but acceptable)

One of these days I'll register it. Until then I don't see the nag screen as a problem :)

• Paz and monkey/cucumber like this

#5 Spilt_Blood

Spilt_Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:07 AM

uhhh... am i the only one who wants you BG???

#6 technorati

technorati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:17 PM

uhhh... am i the only one who wants you BG???

Probably not. You must be the only one whose wife wouldnt go ballistic if they put that on their desktop though

• monkey/cucumber and Spilt_Blood like this

#7 Spilt_Blood

Spilt_Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:55 AM

Hmm, my wife might enjoy it more than me!

#8 c-fan

c-fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:41 PM

This style is perfect for my taste, much kudos for making and sharing it!
This is my first adventure into blackbox in years, using the bbZero package and this style it seems to be pretty much perfect out of the box. The only thing bugging me is the blue borders on the bbSlit but once I start to dive into the config files I'll hopefully be able to sort it out. Either removing them or just making them white and ultra-thin.  :wink:

• pitkon and Paz like this

#9 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:03 AM

This style is perfect for my taste, much kudos for making and sharing it!
This is my first adventure into blackbox in years, using the bbZero package and this style it seems to be pretty much perfect out of the box. The only thing bugging me is the blue borders on the bbSlit but once I start to dive into the config files I'll hopefully be able to sort it out. Either removing them or just making them white and ultra-thin.  :wink:

These are the commands that define the slit, you can find them in any sryle file or add them yourself:

slit: the looks of the slit - raised, flat, sunken, gradient or not etc,
slit.color: if gradient is chosen, then pick your color either in hex (e.g. #05121f) or literal (e.g. red) format
slit.colorTo: same as above
slit.borderWidth: any number, 0 is none
slit.borderColor: define the slit's border color. I'm trying to convince qwilk to add a gradient option for borders in his Xoblite 5 branch :)

• c-fan likes this

#10 c-fan

c-fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:28 AM

Awesome, thanks for the help pitkon!
Managed to get it just right now.

From this:
5KogOEX.jpg

To this:
fVh8B7Q.png

Tried first with no borders/margin but some kind of visual cue of the sections was nicer.
Noticed yesterday that the windows 10 calculator refuses to run in blackbox. Weird.  :tongue:

• pitkon likes this

#11 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:43 AM

Awesome, thanks for the help pitkon!
Managed to get it just right now.

Tried first with no borders/margin but some kind of visual cue of the sections was nicer.
Noticed yesterday that the windows 10 calculator refuses to run in blackbox. Weird.  :tongue:

This really looks great, and you are very welcome.

Some Win 10 apps don't like Blackbox too much, you'll have to find another Calc up on the web. Are you running BB as shell or on top of Windows?

• c-fan likes this

#12 c-fan

c-fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:20 AM

As a shell. Experimenting with it as I'm rebuilding my computer today and installing fresh. Already found another calc that seems fine. Another small problem is that my volume-wheel on my keyboard doesn't work in BB. But I'm setting up an external sound-card so that will not be a big issue. Another thing I was wondering about is the "faded" look on the icons. I've tried changing the saturation and hue in the BB menus but it doesn't change anything. Is it just default behavior? Tried looking at other styles to see if there was a hint to some settings, but didn't find anything.

#13 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:28 AM

1) How did you install it as shell? Which build did you use?

2) Volume wheel works fine on MY keyboard (Logitech G15, the first (old) one with the flip up screenie). I use Blackbox Zero.

3) Fade CAN be changed at will. Which icons are you referring to?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black, minimal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users