• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crowmag

crowmag

bbDinosaur

• VIP Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

K, the last style I made was dated September, 2013 and the one before that probably a year earlier. So, I went a little overboard and made a set of seven.

How these came about was that while rummaging through my drives for bb stuf to send to Pitkon I noticed an old fractal wallpaper generator that I hadn't played with in a while named Starfish. So, I sent Pitkon a copy (it's open source GNU licenced) and went ahead and installed it again.

How it works is basicly like this: choose what palette to use and how complex you want it and then push a button...

So I made a new palette using Microsoft's primary seven color scheme (you see it in all the Windows 10 screenshots) and started pumping out wallpaper.

Then I made seven styles using the seven primary colors of the palette:

Red (#b51b44), Orange (#da532c), Yellow (#fabd00), Green (#009400), Blue (#0089d1), Indego (#0a55be), Violet (#623dbd)

The seven syles come with a wallpaper collection of 36 PNG images that you can mix and match and my bbLeanSkin buttons - 4 variations - 5 sizes: 9x9 - 17x17. The size shown in the screenshot is 15x15 (buttons_crowmag_15x15-b.bmp).

Posting seven screenshots would be silly, it you don't like this one, you probably won't like the others...

Attached Files

• pitkon, cthu1hu and doctorfrog like this

#2 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:22 AM

Whoa. A lot of care went into this. Nice work crowmag. Thanks for the buttons as well.

#3 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

Great stuff, Clark. I will include Starfish among the things I will upload (I am still sorting them out). And why don't you upload your bbleanskin buttons to the buttons topic?

#4 crowmag

crowmag

bbDinosaur

• VIP Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

Thanks cthu1hu, but I probablly should have put a little more care into them before uploading as I have discovered two mistakes already... One is in the 3DC of PrimaryColors-06. The Tooltip background color should be #0089d1 (blue) not #b51b44 (red) but this is pretty minor and some don't use bbColor3DC. The other is pretty major. This:

window.grip.focus.appearance:   flat solid bevel1

Should be this:

window.grip.focus.appearance:   flat solid bevel1 border

and that line is the same in every style. Without the "border" in there focused windows are running around barefoot! You can even see it in the screen shot. DOAH! I've made the changes but I can't edit the first post, here's the fixed set:

Attached Files

#5 crowmag

crowmag

bbDinosaur

• VIP Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

Great stuff, Clark. I will include Starfish among the things I will upload (I am still sorting them out). And why don't you upload your bbleanskin buttons to the buttons topic?

I will upload the buttons seperately Pete. Ummm... where's the buttons topic?

#6 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

I will upload the buttons seperately Pete. Ummm... where's the buttons topic?

Right here http://blackbox4wind...for-bbleanskin/

#7 Arc Angel

Arc Angel

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:45 AM

You sir have made some gaudy colors look beautiful, fantastic work.

What is The Ashrealm?

#8 crowmag

crowmag

bbDinosaur

• VIP Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

You sir have made some gaudy colors look beautiful, fantastic work.

Thanks Arc Angel. In hindsight, it became clear to me that I should have sat on these a bit longer and tweaked them a bit more before posting them. I found more problems beyond the obvious missing border on the window grips. All of the margin calls were not the same on all the styles - which caused some plugins to change their metrics and "jump" around or resize. Also, there was a lot of redundancy in descriptors that were plainly covered by wildcard calls. So, I went ahead and fixed all that in the original seven styles, added menu grip styling and then made 2 more variations for each of the seven colors bringing the total number of styles to 21. I felt compelled to do the alternatives because, well, they are some gaudy colors and I had to try and give each another chance or two. The zip contain only the styles - no backgrounds or buttons.  

Attached Files

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users