23 replies to this topic

#21 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

seems like some new windows feature, i've never seen that before :)

what about this as a hotfix? does it works better?

Excel has a "Show All Windows in Taskbar" checkbox that determines whether each workbookhas its own button on the taskbar. It is found in xl2007 under Big Button (aka file menu)| Excel Options | Advanced.

from http://www.pcreview....e-t4031424.html

I've tried that much ealier before writing here. The rest of MS Office products also include the same option, but they behave different as I told above, I mean the two groups:
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]1) Word, Publisher, Infopath, Visio -- no difference vs Explorer shell;[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]2) Excell, Power Point, MS Project -- their multiple opened files are lost as a single in BlackBox.
Just try it yourself, please, if the screenshot is not enough. Thank you.[/color]

#22 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

do not worry, i will... i just have to get the ms office somehow

#23 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

For whom it may be interesting:

If you need the MS Excel to show more than 1 window when two or more files are opened,

just make the following changes to your Windows registry:

(a.) MS Office 2003 Excel (activate):

Spoiler

(b.) MS Office 2007 Excel (activate):

Spoiler

If you need to undo the above changes and return to the default one-window interface:
(A.) MS Office 2003 Excel (undo):

Spoiler

(B.) MS Office 2007 Excel (undo):

Spoiler

All the above features may be done with attached reg-files (rar archive at the end of this message).

Do not use the reg-files for other versions of Excel unmentioned here. If you have MS Office 2010 or newer installed,

you may try to adopt the above reg-files accordingly, but there is no guarantee for proper function.

This workaround is still dirty for one reason: some dde functions are lost for Excel.

This workaround can not help to solve the same problem with MS Power Point and MS Project.

Attached Files

• pitkon likes this

#24 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

Getting back to the subject at hand...

can you make some screenshots of these bugs, please?

in near future i can try it to reproduce on my machine and try to debug it if it occurs.

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;]I assume the 'nasty bug with disappearing windows from workspace' occurs with all bars (tried with bbLeanBar and [/color][color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;]BoxBar), so the bug is built in blackbox.exe itself. The previous thoughts about not using multiple workspaces and not using Explorer as a file-manager -- they are wrong.

The windows disappear from workspace when we put a device (a flash drive for sure) into USB port and then open a file-manager at the moment while the USB-device is not ready to work. I presume it also occurs when looking for a file from any application that can do this.[/color]

mojmir, [color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;]if you are going to fix the bug, [/color][color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;]please, compile a new build with no .NET Framework or other unneeded libraries connected.
Thank you[/color]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, windows, missing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users