• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 john7233

john7233

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

Hi, I am having some issues when running blackbox on 8.1.

My first issue is that if I don't install Blackbox as the default shell, my blackbox bar has 2 unkillable tasks; start menu and search pane. If I click start menu it causes the bar to disappear and when I click the desktop afterwards, all of my open windows are on the same workspace. If I click search pane, it just opens the metro style seach on the side (but I would rather it not be open).

Killing explorer.exe makes them go away, but doing so then causes the desktop background in personalization to fail to load. If I install blackbox as the default shell, I have the personalization problem as well.

My question is, is there any way to close the two tasks in the blackbox bar or can I hide those two specific tasks? While installing as shell is better overall, bsetroot cannot set my wallpaper correctly because I use dual monitors. Unless there is a way to display the same wallpaper on both monitors without it stretching across?

Thanks, and keep up the good work. I don't know what I would do without blackbox!

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

John, first of all BB should be installed as shell. It's the only way it's supposed to be, otherwise you get weird stuff like the bars thing. The option NOT to install as shell is there for experimentation only.

Second, try to disable metro and see if the personalization issue persists. Disabling metro gives BB a more free reign to do its thing :)

#3 john7233

john7233

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:19 PM

Sorry for the late reply. After doing some google searching, I couldn't find a way to completely disable Metro. Is there something I am missing? I have had most of the common settings like starting on desktop and stuff like that set since I got the computer.

Also, I completely agree. When BB is installed as the default shell, everything works much better except for the personalization issue. I was able to make a quick fix by going in photoshop and making my wallpaper two of the same picture next to eachother (3840x1080) and then using bsetroot. However, I really would like to be able to set the wallpaper through personalization because it's much easier.

Thanks once again

#4 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:58 AM

You are so welcome. Not using 8.1 myself, I can't really help with removing metro - I have used Google too for other 8.1 users and it worked. Maybe a 8.1/BB user can tell you how to effectively do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users