• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 A_Neko

A_Neko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:37 AM

Is there a way to show the bblean skin titlebar on firefox?

I have it enabled, however it's pure white/ or transparent and not matching the titlebars of other windows.

#2 garydx25

garydx25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:44 AM

Programmes like explorer.exe, chrome.exe, and firefox.exe do not like to be skinned. You have to add the process name to the exclusions.rc file so it will not be skinned.

If you want to skin it without glitches, firefox can use the plug-in "stylish" to customise its entire look using "CSS" code. Look up "firefox css" to learn more.

#3 A_Neko

A_Neko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:50 AM

It would be nice if firefox could be skinned, and I do have a custom css but I want the bbleanskin titlebar to show on my firefox as well

#4 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:53 AM

Can't be done, unless you want weird results. There is a number of browsers around that are more conventional and CAN be skinned, unless you love your Firefox :) Explorer.exe can be skinned too, btw...

#5 A_Neko

A_Neko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:00 AM

Yea, my ff is very nice looking, but I guess I can do without skinning it.

How do I skin explorer without the flickering?

#6 garydx25

garydx25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:13 AM

Actually, how do you skin explorer? I would love it if explorer could match the rest of bb setup..

#7 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

Actually, how do you skin explorer? I would love it if explorer could match the rest of bb setup..

You mean you can't skin it? Have you disabled aero/metro?

#8 garydx25

garydx25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

How would I go about doing that? 

I have Windows 8,1 with some sort of start menu replacement. I forgot its name because I haven't used the regular metro interface in forever.

#9 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:22 AM

I don't use 8 myself, but here is a post that might prove helpful: http://www.pcworld.c...ows-8-1-pc.html

#10 spoonm

spoonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

You can skin explorer without disabling the Windows default Visual Style. The problem with most processes that "can't be skinned" is that they change the caption bar. Explorer does it by adding the address and search bars, along with the Previous and Next buttons. Chrome mixes in its tabs with the caption bar. Firefox adds its button and can display tabs in the caption bar. Paint adds icons and other stuff.   To get rid of the address and search bars, and the next/previous buttons, you can change a value in your Windows 8 Visual Style.   From nanami-tan.info:  

-Remove the Address bar/Explorer bar-   Using Style Builder, navigate to "Toolbars, Headers and Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Basic > Base > Band" in the *.msstyles and adjust the "CONTENTMARGINS:MARGINS" to a negative value, as needed. Example: "0, 0, 0, -30".

• pitkon likes this

#11 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

I use bbLeanskin with Firefox here on Win7 64bit. Disable aero or transparencies in Windows first, then use a Firefox extension to move the menu.

See more here: http://blackbox4wind...ely-with-bblean

edit: I'm guessing now that this is a Windows 10 thing, where Firefox has a new look comparable to Chrome. Never mind then.

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users