5 replies to this topic

#1 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

Hello.

Is there a workable (not box bar. does not work with mojmir rc6) vertical task & tool bar with the same versatility of systembarex. If not, is there any chance we get one in the near (very) future? I know that's the holy grail together with round corners & bitmap skinning (I'm not fan of the the latter), but this will beat fluxbox and openbox. The more I look at bb, the more I see a windows version of the two.

Thanks for reply because I don't know when I'll be back (ya know, family, duties, responsibilities Etc)

www.survivingmauritius.com

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Yes, Alex, it's boxbar http://blackbox4wind...ic/28-toolbars/

#3 spoonm

spoonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

He said it doesn't work with mojmir's bbZero rc6, though:

[...] (not box bar. does not work with mojmir rc6) [...]

#4 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

He said it doesn't work with mojmir's bbZero rc6, though:

Oops, missed that.

I am sure mojmir may look into it.

#5 therlea

therlea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:57 AM

Have the same problem. Is it possible to make own toolbar with bbInterface with somehow transferred  buttons(programs that running now, don't know how to properly name it) from BlackboxBar plugin? Maybe one can put BlackboxBar in Interface's Frame and turn off  all elements except  that buttons. But will they align vertically?

Also, I wanted to ask: the .rc configuration file(for example BlackboxBar's or other plugin) lists all options (parameters)? Or are there other not mentioned, and I can somehow find it? There is no man or readme file, so how can I learn about all plugin's options?

#6 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:06 AM

You can not put the toolbar in a bbi frame and expect it to appear vertically. You can add some toolbar elements on a bbi frame, like the arrows, desktops, clocks and the tray, but miss on window label and running tasks.

As far as I know, all options are included when you ctrl+right click on the toolbar. If you need more options, you can use systembarex.

Many plugins come with their own help files, usually in html format. Unfortunately, some don't. Asking would seem to be the only way around that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users