• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mememan

mememan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

Hey, I just installed BlackBox on Windows 8.1 and it's great!Having a problem with my speakers, though.Under explorer my speakers work fine. But under Blackbox, my speakers output no audio. The headphone jack and Bluetooth audio works, but not the speakers. I can change the volume and enable and disable the speakers as normal, but no sound comes out.Does anyone else have this problem / a possible solution?Thanks,Andrew

#2 Cea

Cea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:21 AM

Mememan,

as far as I know, BB doesn't interfere with sound device per se (unless you're using those player/plugin, but in that case you're supposed to hear something).

My best guess for your issue is that BB avoid a speaker-related program to self-start (or I better say "stop the Windows starting process at some point" question : where ? I don't know :-/). That speaker-related program would properly start under Explorer.

Let's check if something doesn't start when BB is started:

• set the shell to be "Explorer",
  • reboot (you're now running regular Windows),
  • check speakers are working normally,
  • download https://technet.micr...ernals/bb963902
  • run it, save the result as text file,
  • from explorer, run BlackBox,
  • run + save Autoruns result,
  • check speakers,
  • set shell to be BlackBox,
  • reboot,
  • check speakers,
  • run + save autoruns result,

Check if you see any differences between all 3 autoruns logs (use File | Compare : the difference are shown with different color afair) and see if you can find any differences.

I assume speakers no longer run when you SET shell to be BlackBox (step 11) and run normally when you're just running Blackbox under Explorer (step 8). If that assumption is false, then Blackbox is really impacting sound system by itself.

Last resort, try to unload all plugins and check if it's better or not.

• go to your Blackbox folder (whether Blackbox is loaded, shell-ed, or not, it doesn't matter),
  • backup [font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]plugins.rc[/font],
  • when there are no leading "!", put one, like this :

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]pluginsbbColor3dcbbColor3dc.dll ---> !pluginsbbColor3dcbbColor3dc.dll[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]& pluginsbbAnalogbbAnalog.dll ---> !& pluginsbbAnalogbbAnalog.dll[/font]

• save file (no worry, you have a backup), leave editor open if you like,
  • Start BlackBox (if not done already),
  • right click [font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]desktop --> BlackBox --> Reconfigure[/font]
  • (Panic ! Taskbar, etc. all are gone !) ^^
  • check Speakers
  • from still opened editor --> Ctrl-Z to undo the changes you made + save OR exit editor, copy your backup over [font="'courier new', courier, monospace;font-size:12px;"]plugins.rc[/font],
  • and again, right click [font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]desktop --> BlackBox --> Reconfigure[/font]
  • (all is back !)

That is to ensure that NO plugins are interfering with your computer's sounds system. I highly doubt a plugin would interfere, but who knows ?

I don't know very well what would be the blackbox effects or impact on the operating system but I suspect that the above information may be usefull for a Blackbox skilled person (i.e. someone from Devs who will read your reply :-)  ).

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users