• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mc_crafty

mc_crafty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:49 AM

Hi everyone, first post here. Long story short before I switched my new window$ install to blackbox I was a huge fan of a slideshow for a wallpaper. I have around 20-25k background images, so I like to have them cycle randomly every minute. The problem I had with how Explorer does slideshow is that every image has to be in the same directory. It was one of the things which hastened my switch back to blackbox.

I couldn't find anything that worked correctly (including using Explorer to set the wallpaper) with bbZero x64.

Because of this I made my own way to do it. Currently it's a memory heavy java program because it's what I'm familiar with and it's easy. And it works.

Any arguments that you would normally send to bsetbg should be set in the bsetroot.rc file.

I've attached the jar for it (sources are included inside) which I'm launching on boot with:

java -jar bbSlideShowBackGround.jar -fdp "G:PHOTORandomsWALLPAPERS_lots" -t 60000 -b "G:OTHERWindows_ShellsbbZerobsetbg.exe"

If there's a better way to do this currently (aside from writing a much better c prog for it) please let me know!

Attached Files

• brandoluck likes this

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

Congrats for all your trouble and for posting it  here!

There is a bb plugin that can do that too, bbstyle. Give it a try :)

• brandoluck likes this

#3 sed

sed

VIP

• Moderators
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

IF I rotated walls of MINE in my files like that it wouldn't come around to the first one again for 6 months! :geek: :teehee: :teehee:

#4 mc_crafty

mc_crafty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:16 AM

Congrats for all your trouble and for posting it  here!

There is a bb plugin that can do that too, bbstyle. Give it a try :)

Was trying out bbstyle tonight but I couldn't find a way for it to just swap out the wallpaper instead of the whole style. Maybe there's an option I'm missing? It's a really slick plugin and I'd love to be using it

• brandoluck likes this

#5 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:49 AM

Was trying out bbstyle tonight but I couldn't find a way for it to just swap out the wallpaper instead of the whole style. Maybe there's an option I'm missing? It's a really slick plugin and I'd love to be using it

Hmmm, I forgot about that... Yes, it changes styles as well. Let me pore over it some more... Perhaps you should mail the plugin's creator, NC-17 nc-17@ratednc-17.com

• brandoluck likes this

#6 brandoluck

brandoluck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:51 AM

ivee been looking for something like this to use with BB

Thanks!

• pitkon likes this

Thanks Very Much,

Branden.