13 replies to this topic

#1 Georges

Georges

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hello,

I'm very new to BlackBox as I discovered it 1 week ago and installed it yesterday. So far I have a very basic skin and I'm still discovering something new every 2 seconds. This is resulting in so many questions that I could flood the entire board with it. However my big question is about the editing function in the blackbox menu.

This one:

Attached File  ss (2015-10-27 at 04.58.12).png   14.88KB   0 downloads I'm sure that this is supposed to open a window and I think it did, but i can't see it. The icon appears in my Quick Launch menu and in my BlackBoxBar, but i can never see it on my screen. Is this just me not understanding something? It also does this when i try to open windows media (still using it while I search for a replacement) so it might not be a issue with the editing tool. Edit: Grammar

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

If you are referring to the bottom line, called Menu Grip, it's there for decorative reasons, it doesn't open anything and you can make it disappear, if it annoys you. Unless you mean something else?

#3 Georges

Georges

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:55 PM

Sorry I maybe wasn't very clear. I mean that when i click on a file to edit it, I see the editor icon in the quick menu/bar but i can't see the actual window. It also does the same with the windows media player. I can click on the icon and even close it using shift+button2 but i can't see it.

#4 ArcinHosenka

ArcinHosenka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:02 PM

The options in Blackbox -> Blackbox -> Edit are supposed to open the desired file in bbnote.exe, Blackbox's inbuilt text editor. See spoiler for a screenshot. If it doesn't work for whatever reason (you probably changed the value in Blackbox -> Configuration -> Misc -> Blackbox Editor, it's bbnote.exe by default), you can open them manually in any other text editor.

Also, I'd like to recommend MPC-HC, if you install madVR and ReClock it becomes one of the best video players, especially for anime. See setup guide at https://wiki.install...ndex.php/MPC-HC (the link was live when I last visited it)

• pitkon likes this

#5 Ynthno

Ynthno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:50 AM

OP is seeing the bbnote icon in his bar but he can't see the window itself for some reason. Its never coming to the forefront.

Have you tried ALT+TAB?

This sounds like an issue I had years ago.. don't remember how I fixed it though.

#6 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:40 AM

It's a long shot, but maybe the editor (make sure you have the one mentioned by ArcinHosenka above) is being opened on another desktop? To make sure, ctrl+right click on the toolbar to bring up the menu and then go Configuration/Tasks. Uncheck Current Only and see how it goes.

#7 Georges

Georges

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

Thank you for the help everyone! And yes my problem is that the window of the editor (or sometimes other programs). I can move the program from desktop to desktop using the QuickMenu. I also never had the Option Current Only checked, for the sake of testing I checked and unchecked it, no change. Here is how it looks: Attached File  ss (2015-10-28 at 10.27.04).jpg   39.16KB   0 downloads We can clearly see the editor here, sadly it never comes to front.

#8 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

Thank you for the help everyone!

And yes my problem is that the window of the editor (or sometimes other programs).

I can move the program from desktop to desktop using the QuickMenu. I also never had the Option Current Only checked, for the sake of testing I checked and unchecked it, no change.

Here is how it looks:

Posted Imagess (2015-10-28 at 10.27.04).jpg

We can clearly see the editor here, sadly it never comes to front.

My best guess is bbnote is out of screen range. Can you please post your bbnote.ini here along with the size of your screen?

#9 Georges

Georges

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

I got 2 screens, main one is 1366x768, other one is 1920x1080. Here is my bbnite.ini:

[bbnote]
textfont=lucida console
textfontsize=10
textfontweight=400
open_new_window=0
smarttabs=0
writetabs=1
tabsize=4
wrapcursor=0
colorized=1
unix_eol=0
mousewheel=10
wx0=1571
wy0=32767
wxl=439
wyl=920
searchfor=
replaceby=
searchmode=0
lastdirectory=c:bbZerostyles
[light]
comment=009f00
keyword=0000e5
operator=0000ff
string=ff0000
number=ff0000
praeproc=c100c0
[dark]
comment=acc3ee
keyword=ffff35
operator=4affff
string=ff7f0f
number=83cc4d
praeproc=ffc856

Also, not sure if I should ask here, but is there a place to ask quick questions, like if I can't find a file or something?  Things that do not require an entire thread.

#10 Ynthno

Ynthno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

Pitkon is right, bbnote is out of screen range, In your bbnote.ini your wx0 and wy0 are way too high. (this is the x and y position of where the window appears)

It would be out of range on either of your monitors.

Something about your multimonitor setup is messing up screen coords.

#11 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:56 AM

Try this.

[bbnote]
textfont=lucida console
textfontsize=10
textfontweight=400
open_new_window=0
smarttabs=0
writetabs=1
tabsize=4
wrapcursor=0
colorized=1
unix_eol=0
mousewheel=10
wx0=638
wy0=256
wxl=465
wyl=256
searchfor=
replaceby=
searchmode=0
lastdirectory=c:bbZerostyles
[light]
comment=009f00
keyword=0000e5
operator=0000ff
string=ff0000
number=ff0000
praeproc=c100c0
[dark]
comment=acc3ee
keyword=ffff35
operator=4affff
string=ff7f0f
number=83cc4d
praeproc=ffc856

BBNote should appear somewhere near the middle of the screen.
And, yes, this is the right place to ask. Nio files on bbnote, I'm afraid, but that's what a Help section is for :)

#12 Georges

Georges

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

Indeed, it solved the problem, thank you very much! I can see the parameters that I have to change to solve the problem in the future. But I wonder if there is a way to reset a window (of any program) into screen range. I use a computer that i often take in and out of a dock station. The problem is that if i forget a window on another screen before docking it out, i cannot retrieve it until i dock again. I knew a trick to do that in explorer.exe, can you think of one for blackbox?

• pitkon likes this

#13 Ynthno

Ynthno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:11 PM

I don't think there is anything like that for blackbox but it is pretty simple to add, its just a matter of calling EnumWindows, excluding some handles, and passing the rest to MoveWindow.(with 0,0 as the coords)

I found out the hard way you have to exclude certain handles.. apparently you can force move/resize blackboxbar etc itself...

Quick and dirty way to do this is with python and pywin32:

import win32guidef enumHandler(hwnd, lParam):    title = win32gui.GetWindowText(hwnd)    excludes = ["Blackbox"]    running = {}    running[title] = hwnd    for procname, handle in running.items():        if procname not in excludes:            win32gui.MoveWindow(handle, 0, 0, 800, 600, True)win32gui.EnumWindows(enumHandler, None) 

Unfortunately as bbleanbar etc don't have window names you can't exclude them :< 

I think if I used GetProcessHandleFromHwnd then GetModuleFileNameEx to get the full path and excluded based on the name of the file (I'm hoping it gives the plugin dll names etc).. might try doing that. If you find that bbleanbar and your wallpaper were moved/resized as well just reload your style and it will fix itself.

• pitkon likes this

#14 Cea

Cea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:23 PM

To reset bbNote location, just rename (i.e. delete-but-back-it-up) [font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]bbnote.ini[/font]. A new one will be re-created.

I personnally copy-pasted the (almost) default settings to my [font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]bbnote.ini[/font] (the lines with leading "!", which includes both the starting position and its size) :

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]# by default :[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]!wx0=108[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]!wy0=303[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]!wxl=688[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]!wyl=643[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;font-size:10px;"]# current settings :[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]wx0=108[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]wy0=303[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]wxl=817[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]wyl=732[/font]

So that I can overwrite the coordinates whenever I no longer see bbnote: close/kill bbnote, copy-paste and remove the "!", re-start bbnote.

Please note that may also happen with (at least) bbStyleMaker for which [font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]bbstylemaker.rc[/font] is involved. That file only contains the last position of the window, e.g. :

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]bbstylemaker.xpos: 836[/font]
[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]bbstylemaker.ypos: 206[/font]

Set both of them to 1 and it'll appear on your main screen (well, kill bbstylemaker, modify the .rc file, restart bbstylemaker).

Final information : that behaviour occurs when you use 2 screens and you placed bbnote on the second screen. If you reboot with only 1 screen, bbnote will still try to be located on the second screen.

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users