Photo

Desktop margins and taskbar hiding software

Best Answer pitkon , 01 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

I'm not sure if I got this right, but what's wrong with the toolbar's AutoHide option?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ArcinHosenka

ArcinHosenka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:40 AM

TL;DR version: Does anyone know a bro@m to set top desktop margin to a certain value? Or does anyone know AutoIt?

By now I fixed *most* of my issues, but this one (and also two relatively minor ones) stays where it is.

Setting Blackbox as shell breaks lots of other things which are impossible to fix (Shadowplay (which requires DWM to work), Synapse and web notifications), so I'm forced to use Explorer and hide its superbar via third party tools. Native hiding function doesn't help because launching any application causes the bar to reappear.

I tried two tools, Taskbar Magic and Ultimate Taskbar Controller, to hide the taskbar. And both are causing the exact same problem: when they remove the taskbar, the top desktop margin is set to approximately 8-10 pixels, and it disfigures all maximized windows and causes them to overlap BlackboxBar. I could probably "fix" it by changing BlackboxBar's height to something that looks good when this bug occurs, but then I would have to use tiny fonts, and tiny fonts are one of the biggest reasons I migrated from Explorer in the first place.

I think it might be possible to either use bro@ms to set desktop margin via hotkey or in some other way, or perhaps I could edit the open source AutoIt script to not mess up my desktop margins. Does anyone know a bro@m to set top desktop margin to a certain value?

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:51 AM   Best Answer

I'm not sure if I got this right, but what's wrong with the toolbar's AutoHide option?

#3 ArcinHosenka

ArcinHosenka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:05 AM

For some strange reason the problem has disappeared on its own, all I had to do is to *not* launch Taskbar Magic. I couldn't even "reproduce" it by doing things that previously have caused this glitch to appear (opening files from Firefox's native download manager or launthing apps from Classic Start Menu). Well, I was glad you were here to help, thank you for taking your time to respond.

I initially started using Taskbar Magic because the taskbar occasionally showed up on top of Blackboxbar, but whenever the script hid the taskbar, it also messed up top and bottom desktop margins and maximized windows started to overlap BlackboxBar and leave empty space at the bottom of the screen. I didn't save a screenshot of that happening, though.

• pitkon likes this

#4 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:19 AM

I am glad it worked for you. I strongly suggest against using desktop apps with Blackbox. BB has its own plugins and configurations, so any third-party stuff can mess things up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users