Photo

bbLeanSkin crashes on launch

bbLeanSkin Windows 10

Best Answer FatHead , 06 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

So strangely enough, It seems that Skype is the program causing bbLeanSkin to crash.

Even more strangely is the fact that the crash only occurs if Skype is open before you enable bbLeanSkin. So during start up this isn't a problem during start up as blackbox starts up before skype does.

But now i am unable to restart blackbox unless I kill Skype first.

Might have to test what happens if i exclude it. Slight annoyance as skype was something I especially wanted to be skinned.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FatHead

FatHead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:55 AM

Hi,

Everytime I attempt to enable bbLeanSkin it crashes bbZero immediately.

I've disabled antivirus and have no open windows so it can't be a problem with them.

I assume the problem lies within the fact im running Windows 10 64bit.

Has anyone else ran into any trouble attempting to run bbLeanSkin on Windows 10?

#2 ArcinHosenka

ArcinHosenka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:42 AM

I should probably try to launch it on my VM one day or another. Microsoft doesn't want to follow its own standards, newer versions of Windows have an increasing amount of issues related to third party shells. You may attempt to disable Aero (is that even an option?), but most likely you'll have to either downgrade your version of Windows or stick to its native shell.

#3 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:10 AM

Haven't heard of such an issue before, so it can't be a Windows 10 thing. Disable Aero and try again. If the problem insists, it must be something in your environment. Check the apps Windows load when they start.

#4 FatHead

FatHead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

Can you effectively disable aero in windows 10? I have disabled all the animations but to no avail.

The plugin does seem to work for maybe a split second as it is able to edit the size of the titlebars before it crashes.

#5 FatHead

FatHead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:46 AM

Advancements have been made. Looks like it was a problem with one of the programs I had open during start up, seems to be no problems with Aero at all.

#6 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:12 AM

Advancements have been made. Looks like it was a problem with one of the programs I had open during start up, seems to be no problems with Aero at all.

I knew a third party app should have been the culprit... Glad you solved this...

#7 FatHead

FatHead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:15 AM   Best Answer

So strangely enough, It seems that Skype is the program causing bbLeanSkin to crash.

Even more strangely is the fact that the crash only occurs if Skype is open before you enable bbLeanSkin. So during start up this isn't a problem during start up as blackbox starts up before skype does.

But now i am unable to restart blackbox unless I kill Skype first.

Might have to test what happens if i exclude it. Slight annoyance as skype was something I especially wanted to be skinned.

• pitkon likes this

#8 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

Exclude Skype. This should solve the issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bbLeanSkin, Windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users