Photo

Questions re: commands, selectively loading plugins, and relative plugin placement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PaulBags

PaulBags

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:51 AM

First of all, thanks to everyone keeping this alive. I've spent several hours today playing with bbZero and it's slow going, I'm just barely getting my head around the basics again. I'm trying to set myself up with the functions I want, styles can come later. I'm using SystemBarEx for it's BB Button, but I want more out of it - I want to be able to at least add network speed readouts. Ideally I'd just shove it next to the clock text, but I haven't found any hint of a way to get those values & inject them. Grouping other plugins next to SystemBarEx sounds like a good idea, but I can't get it to load into bbSlit or BBInterface in any useful way. I can load a BBInterface frame & child controls over top of SystemBarEx with the info I want (I think, I'm not sure if it's giving me accurate speeds), and pad out the clock or BB Button text so it's not covering everything up. However, I can't see a way to position it relative to the top right, and absolute positioning doesn't work for me because I switch between landscape & portrait on occasion (unless there's a way to overcome that which I haven't come across?). Positioning it on the left doesn't do it for me, because if I put it there I'd want to use it as the menu button and BBInterface doesn't seem to have commands on LeftClickUp - I don't think I'd ever get used to right click. Next up, I can see there's a mechanism to toggle plugins. But, is there a way to selectively call up plugins from a command? I'd like to set up BBCalender to load on left click of the clock, and ideally unload again when any other window takes focus; but if not at least toggle with the clock. I'd also consider making fancier menus than otherwise possible using BBInterface, although maybe not because no left click would be an issue; and if I don't know how to selectively load a plugin I certainly don't know how to load only part of one. Oh, and I'm not impressed with the tray in SystemBarEx: network & volume don't work at all & "system spam center" or whatever pops it's ugly head up. That's fine, tray can go frankly, but then I'd like to add custom buttons up there and custom items don't seem possible - am I wrong? I come back to needing to mash plugins together in a cohesive way. Perhaps there's a plugin out there for a 'Icons' interface that can be embedded in BBInterface, so that I could build my own taskbar?

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:31 AM

Thanks for your kind words.

Most, if not all, of your issues can be addressed using BBInterface. You can load systembarex on a BBI frame and add right next to it network speed readouts - and almost every other goody you need. Are you familiar with how BBI works?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users