53 replies to this topic

#21 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for noticing this, I replaced the link with the actual zip file from my archives.

Cool! I'm downloading it now. I have the original 1.17 64 bit from 2009 running in Windows 8.1 atm. I'll be interested to see how this compares. Thanks :)

• pitkon likes this
keescg.png

#22 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

Cool! I'm downloading it now. I have the original 1.17 64 bit from 2009 running in Windows 8.1 atm. I'll be interested to see how this compares. Thanks :)

You are very welcome. Would like to hear your opinion on that.

• Liquid likes this

#23 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

It's runs well, but there are a few glitches. The styles don't seem to work properly on bbLeanbar, bbLeanbar+, or SystembarEx. Many of the controls/functions in BBStylemaker seem to have no effect, or an unexpected effect on those plugins. The rest seems to be ok, but I am trying Mojmir's build at the moment :)

• pitkon likes this
keescg.png

#24 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

It's runs well, but there are a few glitches. The styles don't seem to work properly on bbLeanbar, bbLeanbar+, or SystembarEx. Many of the controls/functions in BBStylemaker seem to have no effect, or an unexpected effect on those plugins. The rest seems to be ok, but I am trying Mojmir's build at the moment :)

DBlake's build didn't take under consideration plugins like bbleanbar. As for BBStyleMaker, works only with grischka's BBLean builds.

#25 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

DBlake's build didn't take under consideration plugins like bbleanbar. As for BBStyleMaker, works only with grischka's BBLean builds.

Oh I see. Well that explains it.

bbStyleMaker seems to work fine in Mojmir's build. I used the latest build from this post  Of course, it doesn't have all the possible style options (I noticed you had a lot more style options/parameters in your style files) but I didn't notice any difference using bbStyleMaker in this build, or grischka's.

• pitkon likes this
keescg.png

#26 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

I am happy to hear it, thanks for the info. I don't use BBStyleMaker because, like you point out, doesn't allow for modern styling options - namely, mirrorhorizontal/mirrorvertical, splithorizontal/splitvertical, blockhorizontal/blockvertical and wavehorizontal/wavevertical. Of course, can't use outline text with it either, let alone menu.grip declarations :)

#27 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

I am happy to hear it, thanks for the info. I don't use BBStyleMaker because, like you point out, doesn't allow for modern styling options - namely, mirrorhorizontal/mirrorvertical, splithorizontal/splitvertical, blockhorizontal/blockvertical and wavehorizontal/wavevertical. Of course, can't use outline text with it either, let alone menu.grip declarations :)

Thanks for that list. There's a couple there I didn't know about. Is there a list of parameters and descriptions of what they do, somewhere? I have no idea what the menu grip parameters do. I tried adding some declarations from one of your style files, but I didn't notice any changes

keescg.png

#28 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for that list. There's a couple there I didn't know about. Is there a list of parameters and descriptions of what they do, somewhere? I have no idea what the menu grip parameters do. I tried adding some declarations from one of your style files, but I didn't notice any changes

Some weeks ago I started a style tutorial, still haven't found the time to continue. Split and mirror graphics are described in tutorials which were unfortunately lost when lostinthebox went down. I use them a lot in my styles, you can pick a style with those declarations and then look at the screenie to see what they do. Block and wave were unkamunka's (R.I.P.) additions. We had talked about some more, but unfortunately he passed away. My declarations work only for mojmir's and XZero450's builds. Can you post here or in a PM what declarations from my style files you were trying to use? As for menu.grip, it's shown in my screenies -it's a bar at the bottom of the menus. For the time being it's feasible only on XZero's 1.16 build for 32-bit Windows.

#29 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the info. I should have guessed what a menu grip was from the screenshots. But it doesn't show up for me. Maybe the 64 bit version is a bit different? I basically tried copying all your menu declarations from your Erupting style, to one of my style files. The only ones that seemed to work were the text outline and text shadow - which are awesome, btw :) But don't worry about it. I can wait for an updated 64 bit version. It's just great being able to use bb on win 8.1 64 bit :)

keescg.png

#30 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for the info. I should have guessed what a menu grip was from the screenshots. But it doesn't show up for me. Maybe the 64 bit version is a bit different? I basically tried copying all your menu declarations from your Erupting style, to one of my style files. The only ones that seemed to work were the text outline and text shadow - which are awesome, btw :) But don't worry about it. I can wait for an updated 64 bit version. It's just great being able to use bb on win 8.1 64 bit :)

Like I said, menu.grip shows only on XZero450's 1.16 build for 32-bit Windows. Some of the menu declarations should work. I mean besides splitvertical, which is modern styling, Erupting's menu includes elliptic (frame) and vertical (active). You mean none of this works? Have you deleted the menu declarations already existing in your style file?

#31 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

Like I said, menu.grip shows only on XZero450's 1.16 build for 32-bit Windows. Some of the menu declarations should work. I mean besides splitvertical, which is modern styling, Erupting's menu includes elliptic (frame) and vertical (active). You mean none of this works? Have you deleted the menu declarations already existing in your style file?

Oh yes, all the standard declarations work. It was the menu.grip and the menu.volume that didn't. I know what the menu grip is now, but I don't know what the volume parameters are for. Yes, I have already deleted them from my style file. But those were the ones in question.

keescg.png

#32 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

Volume declarations are for the volume bar that appears on the main menu. Provided you want one :)

• Liquid likes this

#33 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Volume declarations are for the volume bar that appears on the main menu. Provided you want one :)

Oh! Volume! I thought it was just some visual characteristic of the menu :laugh:  ... well, it is visual too. That could come in handy.

• pitkon likes this
keescg.png

#34 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

Oh! Volume! I thought it was just some visual characteristic of the menu :laugh:  ... well, it is visual too. That could come in handy.

It is very handy, especially when the menu is pinned and you don't have a volume control on your keyboard :)

#35 smersh2

smersh2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Hello:

Where I can get sources and build scripts ? - thx

AG

#36 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hello:

Where I can get sources and build scripts ? - thx

AG

I contacted DBlake some months back but he failed to register here. So my best guess is, try Neowin. He uploaded his build there, but hasn't been active since...

#37 baker1md

baker1md

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:40 AM

This is a decent build! Works great on windows 8.1 takes a little tweaking to keep the stupid Metro from interfering, this is easily fixed though. I too wouldn't mind tweaking the source for this one.

• pitkon likes this

#38 TheMonsterXX

TheMonsterXX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

Hi guys! I am using Windows 8.1 and bblean revived is not executing my system-wide auto-startup programs. Any reason you can think this is not happening? I have notice this also with bbMean too.

#39 TheMonsterXX

TheMonsterXX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

Plus the tooltips do not show up. Other than that, this really is a stable, nice looking build.

#40 AustinBeets

AustinBeets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:03 PM

Hi guys! I am using Windows 8.1 and bblean revived is not executing my system-wide auto-startup programs. Any reason you can think this is not happening? I have notice this also with bbMean too.

I have the same issue in Windows 7 sometimes. I solve it by moving those autorun shortcuts in the registry from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun

to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun

I have no idea why it happens.

Plus the tooltips do not show up. Other than that, this really is a stable, nice looking build.

Yeah, I have that too and a few other little issues. I think the problem here is that the development of Blackbox came to a halt before Windows 7 (and up) became the norm. Perhaps we should be more suprised that it still works so with newer Windows versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users