#41 lukefury

lukefury

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:29 AM

some issues:

1) the toolbar can't auto hidden

2) my bbtray don't work,BB says "the plugin you are trying to load does not exist.or is not compatible with your operation system" when I load it.maybe there is new version i dont konw.

3) cant find the Dock

4) dont know what is the usage of the plugin xDesktopAnimation

to be continued

#42 molecube

molecube

werkkzeuger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 04:45 PM

1) I mean almost every application. If I open notepad.exe I see it's window but it doesn't appear in the toolbar. Same with calc.exe or whatever. Interesting is that the window comes into the toolbar when you drag it onto another workspace. But when you open a second window there it will again not appear in the toolbar. First I thought it's the configuration of my toolbar. But, as I told, when I start blackbox.exe with already open windows I can see them all in the toolbar, the toolbar is configured right. The algorithm to recognize a new windows seems to be not good.

[...]

I'm not sure I get this right, but is by any chancce your taskbar set to hidden? (Rightclick on the desktop > xoblite > Toolbar > Taskbar > ) I have mine set to "Bars+Icon mode" and it works just fine, showing all active windows. And I'm using Win 10 Pro 2004 as well. The only thing I miss about the taskbar is the context menu which I can't manage to activate (if that's possible at all in xobBB5).

• pitkon likes this

#43 xoblite

xoblite

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:03 PM

Hello all,

just dropping by to say that (1) I'm reading all your feedback continuously - thank you!!! :yes:  and (2) I'm busy with IRL stuff at the moment but will reply to you all as soon as I can. Given the many questions this may turn out to be a big dump of reply posts later, but you did ask for it...  :wink:

Oh, .exe and .dll updates incoming later as well of course. And maybe yet another plugin...  :whistling: (that is, if Pete actually starts cranking on a forum thing I've requested, preferably before the next ice age...  :wallbash: :wink:

Last but certainly not least: Someone asked about donations. While much appreciated, I don't need nor want them personally; this is a labour of love for me and your kind words and helping me spreading the word is enough. However, if you would still like to make a donation, it would mean a whole lot to me if you would consider donating instead to a worthy cause, and a global one that I am personally already supporting is the Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) aka Doctors Without Borders, see https://www.msf.org/ (you'll find a link to their regional websites in the upper right hand corner). If you're in Sweden (my home country), you could also consider donating to Naturskyddsföreningen (the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation), see https://www.naturskyddsforeningen.se/ (for information in English, see https://www.natursky...n.se/in-english ). Together we can make the world a better place!!!  :yes:

Keep the faith

BR//Karl aka qwilk/@xoblite

• pitkon, lukefury and molecube like this

#44 T.M.

T.M.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:22 AM

I'm not sure I get this right, but is by any chancce your taskbar set to hidden? (Rightclick on the desktop > xoblite > Toolbar > Taskbar > ) I have mine set to "Bars+Icon mode" and it works just fine, showing all active windows. And I'm using Win 10 Pro 2004 as well. The only thing I miss about the taskbar is the context menu which I can't manage to activate (if that's possible at all in xobBB5).

Of course my taskbar is not hidden. As I already told two times the taskbar shows everything correctly when I start blackbox.exe when other windows from applications already exist. But from that moment on it doesn't show the most new opened windows.

BTW: this setting "Bars+Icon mode" is not persistent. Again and again it resets itself to "Bars", the icons disappear. And I never see real icons, I see only a symbol, darkgray on black.

• pitkon likes this

#45 molecube

molecube

werkkzeuger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:13 PM

[...]

Last but certainly not least: Someone asked about donations. While much appreciated, I don't need nor want them personally; this is a labour of love for me and your kind words and helping me spreading the word is enough. However, if you would still like to make a donation, it would mean a whole lot to me if you would consider donating instead to a worthy cause, and a global one that I am personally already supporting is the Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) aka Doctors Without Borders, see https://www.msf.org/ (you'll find a link to their regional websites in the upper right hand corner). If you're in Sweden (my home country), you could also consider donating to Naturskyddsföreningen (the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation), see https://www.naturskyddsforeningen.se/ (for information in English, see https://www.natursky...n.se/in-english ). Together we can make the world a better place!!!  :yes:

Keep the faith

BR//Karl aka qwilk/@xoblite

Hi xoblite,

thanks for addressing my question about donations. It's very honorable of you to reject donations and instead ask us to donate to a good cause or institution (if we want to). I for one, tried to donate to Naturskyddsföreningen but failed due to the site not being translated properly. So I decided to spend the money I would've sent you to Doctors without Borders. I won't say how much it was because I don't want to make anybody who also donated look/feel greedy if they donate less than I did. :)

Looking forward to your replies to all our other questions but, please, take the time you need. We all got a live outside the blackbox ;)

[...]

BTW: this setting "Bars+Icon mode" is not persistent. Again and again it resets itself to "Bars", the icons disappear. And I never see real icons, I see only a symbol, darkgray on black.

That's strange. For me it's persistent and I assume that it's meant to be. Does any option stay the way you set it or do the all get back to default after reboot? Sounds to me as if xoblite doesn't have all needed read/write rights on your system.

My suggestion is: Try starting it with Adminstrator rights just to see if having more right makes a difference.

• pitkon likes this

#46 unicorn

unicorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 AM

In the next release can you add an option to completely hide the explorer taskbar, no matter what?

And an option to disable/hide the workspace indicator would also be nice. Thanks for your hard work!

#47 IceFog

IceFog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 AM

In the next release can you add an option to completely hide the explorer taskbar, no matter what?

And an option to disable/hide the workspace indicator would also be nice. Thanks for your hard work!

?

Attached Files

• pitkon and molecube like this

#48 unicorn

unicorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:21 PM

?

Unfortunately, when I hover over where the taskbar was, it shows and doesn't hide again. Could be a bug? My taskbar isn't on my primary monitor, maybe that has something to do with it.

• pitkon likes this

#49 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,314 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted Today, 06:01 AM

Unfortunately, when I hover over where the taskbar was, it shows and doesn't hide again. Could be a bug? My taskbar isn't on my primary monitor, maybe that has something to do with it.

Off course, you can always use Window's Hide Toolbar option.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xoblite, bb5, Plugins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

taikuta