• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

Attached File  satori.zip   935.56KB   42 downloadsAttached File  satori.png   935.17KB   1 downloads

Hello folks!

Glad to see the blackbox4windows community still active.

This style has 3 great inspirational sources.

1. My daughter's, Evanescence, birthday, at that time I was looking for a special wallpaper and Vlad studio had this child like type I was looking. In my country I was once considered as a poet and the tree of books was really what I wanted for my child.

2. Managoa's style from deviantart.com (http://managoa.devia.../sato-119426548) that I moodded (not modded) to fit the wallpaper and my mood at the time.

3. The japanese Buddhist word for AWAKENING.

These 3 reasons made sense for me, I think I never shared this style because it was profoundly personal but when Pitkon invited me here I wanted to give him something special. I think the style does still make sense, I wish him and all the contributors/admins all the luck such a great shell deserve. Also a special thks to rlv for his help on other forums

Thanks

• pitkon, Paz and cthu1hu like this

www.survivingmauritius.com

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

You moodded it perfectly, Alex! It's a wonderful style and a great wall. We thank you for the dedication and happy birthday to Evanescence (what a lovely name!) :D

#3 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

Thanks Mate!! Am so happy to find a BB community (not just style "designers") dedicated to maintain BB4win up to date.

In fact her birthday is in may.

Note: "Moodded" is a new word I created, it's a contraction of modded and mood to describe the alteration made to a style only match a state of mind. :D Clever...isn't it?

• pitkon likes this

www.survivingmauritius.com

#4 scruffty

scruffty

Ancient Data

• VIP Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

I think what will come out of this site of true believers will be awesome....

• pitkon and Paz like this

#5 dj3hac

dj3hac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

Im currently using / working on a slightly modified version of this. Very nice :)

• pitkon and meanmechanics like this

#6 dj3hac

dj3hac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

How about I show you what I did with it!

Posted Image

the bottom is a rainmeter cpu graph.

• pitkon likes this

#7 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

Excellent work, dj3! And, instead of rainmeter, you could go Blackbox all the way and use a bbinterface frame with a CPU graph. You could even choose the graph color this way :)

#8 dj3hac

dj3hac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Excellent work, dj3! And, instead of rainmeter, you could go Blackbox all the way and use a bbinterface frame with a CPU graph. You could even choose the graph color this way :)

Oh really? I'll have to look into this!

Also, does anyone know how to make windows explorer themes always default? I have to set the theme in my personalization options every time I boot, otherwise all my explorer related windows are default white. I imagine this is because I'm launching blackbox at boot and not explorer, is there any way around this?

#9 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

Oh really? I'll have to look into this!

Also, does anyone know how to make windows explorer themes always default? I have to set the theme in my personalization options every time I boot, otherwise all my explorer related windows are default white. I imagine this is because I'm launching blackbox at boot and not explorer, is there any way around this?

Are you putting your themes in the right directory, or with the right directory structure? I used to get that in another version of Windows, and I eventually saved the theme in the personalization screen and once I selected the saved theme, it resolved it.

#10 dj3hac

dj3hac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

Are you putting your themes in the right directory, or with the right directory structure? I used to get that in another version of Windows, and I eventually saved the theme in the personalization screen and once I selected the saved theme, it resolved it.

I'm using Windows 7, and I created and applied the theme directly from that window. (control panel > personalization > window color). I can upload the actual theme if you want take a look at it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users