• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Well, due to obvious reasons I started hoarding just about all the bb sources and binaries I can get.

Most of these are 32bit and were already superseded by bblean 4 years ago, but they might be of interest to somebody.

(they are to me, as I will assimilate them into bbzero :))

For you to share my fetish, I will dump them here. Enjoy!

Attached File  bbclean_mod_src_080814.zip   297.97KB   34 downloads (no idea where i dug that up)

Attached File  BBClean_src.zip   263.59KB   14 downloads (same)

Attached File  bblean-9c1a563.tar.gz   1.1MB   22 downloads (latest srcs from sourceforge svn)

Attached File  boxCore-package-0.2.1-Source.zip   532.44KB   33 downloads (found somewhere on berlios)

Attached File  bbleanmodsrc.rar   256.62KB   12 downloads (i am not even sure what was added, compared to bblean)

Attached File  xoblite.zip   286.27KB   22 downloads (xoblite sources in freaking html, will need to sanitize this)

• pitkon, cthu1hu and AlterEgo like this

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

There are more, fortunately in my archives, like Zeytok's BBLeanMod, bb4win (the original), bb4winmod (by unkamunka) BBClean N.E.B. (by noccy & EliteForce), BBLeanable, BBDeleted, BBLC (older BB effort by grischka) etc... Will upload them as soon as I get everything in line... And maybe we shouldn't forget nivenh's and tres'ni's Bluebox (the first ever with window skinning), or Lithium Desktop Environment by the Mouse People...

Here is what I found so far...

Attached File  bb4win_mod.zip   1009.49KB   102 downloads This is the late unkamunka's bb4win build. Includes split and mirror graphics, plus block and wave.

Attached File  BBClean NEB.zip   227.29KB   60 downloads Noccy's and EliteForce's build.

Attached File  bblctest-4.zip   49.94KB   25 downloads The latest build of BBLC by grishka I tested back in 2003. Blackbox.exe only, for historical reasons.

Attached File  BBLeanable.zip   6.23KB   33 downloads BBLeanable, a leaner BB.

Attached File  Zeytok's BBClean.zip   202.43KB   42 downloads BBClean, the Zeytok version.

Attached File  bluebox_090605.rar   1.13MB   40 downloads Bluebox by nivenh and Tres'ni, a different beast, the first to use window skinning long before bbwinskin/bbleanskin.

Attached File  Lithium Desktop Environment.zip   389.53KB   41 downloads The Mouse People's BB branch, the first to use a menu grip, once a commercial program.

Attached File  BB2.zip   1.73MB   30 downloads Blackbox build that supported pixmap skinning. (Thanks for reminding me, zomby).

Attached File  bb008lc.zip   66.28KB   24 downloads Grishka's latest BBLC 008.

Attached File  bbLean_110.zip   146.95KB   14 downloads One of the first versions of BBLean.

Attached File  bbLean_112.zip   152.93KB   15 downloads The next of the BBLean series.

Attached File  bbLean_113_b6.zip   86.64KB   19 downloads The last of the BBLean series before 1.16.

Attached File  Blackbox 29-12-03.zip   165.31KB   18 downloads bb4win, the original, December 2003.

Attached File  Blackbox_0.0.90b_bs2 Slade Taylor.zip   172.93KB   15 downloads bb4win, the Slade Taylor version. He used to call it "unofficial".

Attached File  blackbox-0.0.21.zip   114.11KB   16 downloads The first bb4win build by Blackbox for Windows creator, azathoth.

Attached File  bbMien_712_0003.zip   850.17KB   44 downloads unkamunka's bbmien, added here for grouping purposes. Thanks, zomby.

Attached File  Utbox.zip   9.87MB   69 downloads kenaku's build, from a Russian team which used it for commercial situations. Thanks for reminding me, meanmechanics.

• cthu1hu and diabol like this

#3 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

What's left is a lot of original bb4win files, ancient and redundant, from 2001 to 2002, including the very first build azathoth mailed to me a long time ago. Maybe I should upload this for historical reasons, maybe not. What do you think?

that would be awesome

• pitkon likes this

#4 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Attached File  bbMien_712_0003.zip   850.17KB   21 downloads Another of unkamunka's builds that supports alpha transparent backgrounds.

I have a few other builds backed up, like BB2, that supported pixmap skinning, and a number of plugins I don't see anywhere else.

• diabol likes this

#5 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

Posted ImagebbMien_712_0003.zip Another of unkamunka's builds that supports alpha transparent backgrounds.

I have a few other builds backed up, like BB2, that supported pixmap skinning, and a number of plugins I don't see anywhere else.

sweet, i see i'm not the only hoarder :)

• cthu1hu likes this

#6 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

sweet, i see i'm not the only hoarder :)

No, haha. I pretty much saved everything.

• diabol likes this

#7 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

I think I still have an Utbox somewhere on a hard disk...is Utbox considered as an old build?

www.survivingmauritius.com

#8 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

I'm posting anyway. It only took me 1020 sec to find it.

I have multiple files of Utbox I remember having problems to download or install...I don't know which file work...Sorry...so I'm uploading all of them.Attached File  utbox.rar   4.46MB   11 downloads

• pitkon and diabol like this

#9 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

I'm posting anyway. It only took me 1020 sec to find it.

I have multiple files of Utbox I remember having problems to download or install...I don't know which file work...Sorry...so I'm uploading all of them.Posted Imageutbox.rar

My mistake, forgot all about Utbox. My bad, was talking just two months ago with kenaku... Thanks for the upload, Alex, think I will add the latest Utbox build I have to my post...

• diabol likes this

#10 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

My mistake, forgot all about Utbox. My bad, was talking just two months ago with kenaku... Thanks for the upload, Alex, think I will add the latest Utbox build I have to my post...

weird, can't open that attachment :3

#11 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

weird, can't open that attachment :3

The rar file on my pc open ok but the one downloaded from bb4win doesn't open. I can upload it elsewhere but as Pete is proposing to add the last one he has...Although I got two version :) hehe one with installer (the problematic install) and the one pack in a rar (the old version I think). I don't have 32 bit pc to test

#12 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

Here you go

I lighten the package a little bit by removing the uncompressed utbox folder.

Cheers

#13 Manoa

Manoa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

nice to see the resurrection of the *box on this site :)

I am here to say hello as well as give users of this network access to my old project named BBDeleted

don't get your hopes up because if you were hoping for an update - there isn't one, hopefully one is not necessary and I will explain:

this project was started with the sole purpose on removing features from the stock version of bbLean 1.16, it was designed to be the main shell for another project called Deleted Edition (it is a version of windows that is based on windows xp but with 90% of files deleted from the installation and the other 5% replaced by various versions of files taken from various versions of windows (including windows 2000) - the result of Deleted Edition was a "windows xp" installation that consumed somewhere between 100 - 50 megabytes of disk space after installation) I know some of you may be familiar with this concept of deleting windows files to reduce the load it produces on the system due to the heavy bloated design of the operating system - Deleted Edition was the project that did the best it could "to go where no man has gone before" so-to-speak, as in: to delete as much as possible.

and that was how BBDeleted started - the Deleted Edition project could not run on explorer.exe because explorer.exe was too bloated, then after searching for some time I found the bbLean project and at the time it was version 1.16 and it was great (and still is), but I couldn't let it go the way it is - so I decided to furter improve upon bbLean 1.16 by removing as much code from it as possible combined with the most aggressive optimizing compiler we have (intel's c++ compiler) to make the smallest and fastest shell I could and as you may see if you decide to try it (that is if you are still running x86 windows of any kind - preferably Deleted Edition :D), whether or not I have succeeded in this task.

so now that you know the background and the ideology behind the project, here are the files, it comes in a few parts: the first is the part that contains everything, the second is the executable that you choose based on your hardware and the third is the full source code along with the libraries and other development-related material, a fourth path maybe released later that contains the profile-guided optimization information (I ran the shell for over a year in instrumented mode to collect PGO data to make sure the optimization is as accurate as possible)

ok sorry guys there's a small bummer as I just found out that I cannot upload 7-zip files onto the forum, I am afraid that for everyone that is interrested will have to fetch them manually from my non-standard-port page at: http://manoa.flnet.o...9/blackbox.html

my website does not hack your browser into connecting to your local servers and it does not have any javascript on it

• pitkon and meanmechanics like this

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

#14 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Welcome, Manoa, thrilled to have you with us. For some weird reason, I had forgotten to add BBDeleted in the list, although it was included in my archives. Glad to see you again and thanks for your kind words concerning the site. I will zip your 7z file and upload it here if it's newer than the build I have (I expect it is) if it's alright with you. And it would be great if you joined forces with XZero450, mojmir and diabol in the creation of a new build.

#15 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

The link is dead :(

#16 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

The link is dead :(

It's not.

Firefox is just baby-sitting you because it thinks it has to shield us all from non-standard ports. It's fucking ridiculous.

Manoa, I took the liberty of creating a (wget-powered - sorry for ignoring the robots.txt) mirror of your page with all the downloads and packaging it as a zip file. Good job on the deletions, it fit's neatly into 3MB :D

In the archived html file I added a link back to your page and instructions on how to get firefox to stop it's nanny tactics.

And about the zip: Strangely this forum doesn't allow .7z, but it does allow .7z.zip, so that's my usual route for good compression

Attached Files

• pitkon likes this

#17 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

It's not.

Firefox is just baby-sitting you because it thinks it has to shield us all from non-standard ports. It's fucking ridiculous.

Actually, I am using Opera :)

#18 Manoa

Manoa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

thanks diabol

I reckon this isn't very useful to the very big majority of users because very few people run windows xp/2000/2003 and very few of them run the x86 version and very few of them are looking for the less-featured blackbox - most are probably looking for fancy features xD

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

#19 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

thanks diabol

I reckon this isn't very useful to the very big majority of users because very few people run windows xp/2000/2003 and very few of them run the x86 version and very few of them are looking for the less-featured blackbox - most are probably looking for fancy features xD

True that, but it's good to have the sources :D

#20 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

thanks diabol

Not my case :)

have it on a pen drive, a cd and a....floppy.

Just in case :)

Thanks

Glad to see your version still on air

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users