• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 wolf-nv

wolf-nv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

I know this probably sounds weird but I have a friend who likes the look of my computer with bbLean! Now comes the weird part, his computer runs [color=#0000ff;]NT4 sp6[/color] and he will not change or upgrade, he even runs his motorcycle shop on it! I told him I would find out if there is a bbLean for NT4! So the whole thing boils down to this, is there a bbLean build for NT4? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

#22 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:13 AM

Has he tried to run it? Once upon a time I ran BBLean on Windows Millennium and it worked (without transparencies, of course).

#23 wolf-nv

wolf-nv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Thanks, I'll give it a try and get back to you![/font]

#24 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

:D NT4 sp? i have a friend that keeps OS/2 warp :D

• pitkon likes this

#25 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

:D NT4 sp? i have a friend that keeps OS/2 warp :D

I have OS2 Warp's CD and a lot of other OSes... In fact, I love NeXT... :D

#26 mazxim

mazxim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:16 PM

There are more, fortunately...

Here is what I found so far...

attachicon.gif Utbox.zip kenaku's build, from a Russian team which used it for commercial situations. Thanks for reminding me, meanmechanics.

Hi there guys.. do you have the file? This particular link doesn't work anymore :/ ( other links seems to be fine )

#27 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:47 PM

Hi there guys.. do you have the file? This particular link doesn't work anymore :/ ( other links seems to be fine )

http://blackbox4wind...d-builds/?p=444

from there on I posted trim down link

www.survivingmauritius.com

#28 AlisaJ

AlisaJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

http://blackbox4wind...d-builds/?p=444

from there on I posted trim down link

There is an error, and on Dropbox too. Can you upload Utbox again, please?

#29 knowom

knowom

bbMechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:32 AM

Anyone know which old BB4WIN build has process priority and process affinity built into the design of it? I think it was built into whatever taskbar was used with that particular version.From what I remember of it I believe you could set them easily to running program's and there might've even been a way to save the setting between usage so if you closed the program and re-started it they wouldn't automatically be configured the way you adjusted them yet by extension easy to readjust. I think it might have been a 32-bit build.

I'd like to utilize it as a BB4WIN version meant to be seamlessly switch into quickly back and fourth from another more full feature rich BB4WIN build as a lighter weight alternative and with that handy added benefit of the processor priority/affinity perks it had. I believe windows 10 forces vsync with triple buffering if you aren't using full screen so for that reason being lighter weight with less GDI draws it could be useful to reduce a bit of input lag for certain tasks and by extension in full screen mode it's more light weight on background system resources than explorer.exe is by a fair degree. In both instances it should marginally improve performance ever so slightly, but would being 1% or 0.1% frame rate averages it's mostly a slight uptick that could improve latency reducing input lag and micro stutter hitching a marginal touch. In the past I compared BB4WIN to explorer.exe directly a bit and saw some slight improvements performance wise and it helped system stability overclocking a bit as well.

My goal is straight forward can performance be improved further and a quick easy transition between two BB4WIN builds. I firmly believe in process overhead minimalism and the impact it has on systems though it is a diminishing concern these days with how fast and powerful today's PC's are quickly becoming.

Follow to above...

So I think I've found what I was looking for in particular. It was a branch called boxCore and found a Sourceforge page on the build as well.

https://sourceforge.....berlios/files/

So the part in particular with it is this...within the extensions.rc

# Process Priority (EliteForce)
# 0 = idle, 1 = below normal, 2 = normal, 3 = above normal, 4 = high
blackbox.processPriority:               2

In the source code settings.h had this not sure if it's interrelated with it or not, but seems likely or at least two different settings that are controlling process priority in some form or another.

BBSETTING int Settings_processPriority

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users