24 replies to this topic

#1 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

Attached File  bbCLean-XZero450_nightly_1.1.2012.zip   2.26MB   321 downloadsThis is the most complete, imho, Blackbox 4 Windows 32-bit build to date.

Created by XZero450, based on BBClean, it offers all kind of modern goodies, including menu grip (yes, it's a reality), split graphics, outline text and plugins developed by XZero450 to go with it, like bbleanbar, bbleanskin and systembarex.

This is build 1.16 from January 2012, but XZero450 is still working on it AND on a 64-bit version.

Attached File  bbCLean-XZero450_nightly_1.1.2012.zip   2.26MB   321 downloads

• Dracaenaz and Slashdesigns like this

#2 innn

innn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

I am sorry but this build didn't cut it for me. The default fonts are too tiny complained about bbkeys plugin not fit for my system or system not fit for the plugin and when I tried to right click edit some random *.rc file form the menu complained it could not find something called Programmer's Notepad.

Also gone is bsetshell.exe from the folder one having to borrow one from a bblean folder.

Never had these experiences with bblean 1.17 and bblean revived 1.18. After only 2 minutes I am back in bblean-revived which allthough awkardly misses bbLeanSkin one of the main plugins in the original bblean it still looks impressive. but the need for skinning capabilities will be felt sooner or later.

#3 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:41 AM

I am sorry but this build didn't cut it for me. The default fonts are too tiny complained about bbkeys plugin not fit for my system or system not fit for the plugin and when I tried to right click edit some random *.rc file form the menu complained it could not find something called Programmer's Notepad.

Also gone is bsetshell.exe from the folder one having to borrow one from a bblean folder.

Never had these experiences with bblean 1.17 and bblean revived 1.18. After only 2 minutes I am back in bblean-revived which allthough awkardly misses bbLeanSkin one of the main plugins in the original bblean it still looks impressive. but the need for skinning capabilities will be felt sooner or later.

First time I heard of this. Works perfectly well for me, plugins and all - as for the size of the fonts, you know you can change it, right? BBRevived and other branches are just fine, but they lack split graphics and a lot of other goodies. bsetshell is not very flexible. I personally suggest a shell manager/switcher like ShellOn.  I am transferring your comments to XZero450, anyway, so he can answer himself... 

#4 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

For the time being, please try a theme of mine with everything you need to run XZero450's build... http://pitkon.devian...Music-298004577

#5 XZero450

XZero450

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCentral Wisconsin

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

You can change the default editor by navigating to the directory for which you're running this build and holding shift + right click on the blackbox.rc files, then going to 'Open With...' and selecting Notepad.

The default font can be changed by editing the styles.. Which you can do the same as I described above.

• pitkon likes this

#6 innn

innn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

Oh my. I 've edited the menu to point to some editor and later found that this build has in the menu the option of editing the keys but found there's no bbkeys whatsoever and such nothing to edit and such have to rely on autohotkey or launchy to launch things. not even the root menu appears on pressing win key at least it's there at right clicking on desktop.

#7 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Oh my. I 've edited the menu to point to some editor and later found that this build has in the menu the option of editing the keys but found there's no bbkeys whatsoever and such nothing to edit and such have to rely on autohotkey or launchy to launch things. not even the root menu appears on pressing win key at least it's there at right clicking on desktop.

Here, innn, you can use my bbkeys that go perfectly well with this build. Of course, you still have to edit bbkeys.rc to your own preferences...

Attached File  bbkeys.zip   16.89KB   16 downloads

#8 AlterEgo

AlterEgo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

This build works just fine for me!

• XZero450 likes this

#9 hal

hal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

One of my primary interests in exploring alternate builds is getting window shadows working, and despite the setting being enabled I don't see any. Any help with this?

#10 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

One of my primary interests in exploring alternate builds is getting window shadows working, and despite the setting being enabled I don't see any. Any help with this?

If you mean windows' drop shadows, they are not included yet in BB's features. Only the menu gets shaded. But you can try any free app like yzshadows for the time being...

#11 bluebomber

bluebomber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

It worked perfect, Though I had to fit some details, I see that it is a bit better than other versions that I used. There is a problem that happens to me: I cannot see the wallpapers of the styles and the windows of explorer are excluded with bbleanskin.

#12 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

It worked perfect, Though I had to fit some details, I see that it is a bit better than other versions that I used. There is a problem that happens to me: I cannot see the wallpapers of the styles and the windows of explorer are excluded with bbleanskin.

You mean explorer.exe is included in the exclusions.rc file? And what styles are you referring to? Here on bb4windows?

#13 bluebomber

bluebomber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

You mean explorer.exe is included in the exclusions.rc file? And what styles are you referring to? Here on bb4windows?

Yes, but I can't see it in the list of exclusions.rc file. I am referring to the styles includes in this build and other installed for me.

#14 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Are you sure bbleanskin is loaded? Does it skin other windows? Do you see it in plugins.rc?

#15 bluebomber

bluebomber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Are you sure bbleanskin is loaded? Does it skin other windows? Do you see it in plugins.rc?

Yes, I can see other windows with skin and I can see bbleanskin in the list of plugins.

#16 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

This is really weird.  Can you please e-mail me your blackbox.rc, extensions.rc, plugins.rc and bbleanskin's exclusions.rc files? pitkon@otenet.gr  You are not using WindowBlinds or any other skinning app, right?

#17 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yes, I can see other windows with skin and I can see bbleanskin in the list of plugins.

do you perhaps use xzero's build (which is 32bit) on a 64bit windows?

if so, bbleanskin would be unable to skin your 64bit process' windows (like explorer), but it would work fine with 32bit processes like firefox

#18 bluebomber

bluebomber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

do you perhaps use xzero's build (which is 32bit) on a 64bit windows?

if so, bbleanskin would be unable to skin your 64bit process' windows (like explorer), but it would work fine with 32bit processes like firefox

Exactly I am using Windows 7 64 bits. Now I see that it happens. In fact, I added Firefox in the exclusions because it has problems with the skins. Do you recommend to me an build that supports a system of 64 bits?

#19 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Exactly I am using Windows 7 64 bits. Now I see that it happens. In fact, I added Firefox in the exclusions because it has problems with the skins. Do you recommend to me an build that supports a system of 64 bits?

There's one 64bit build by diabol http://blackbox4wind...t-environments/ and another one by DBlake http://blackbox4wind...uild-by-dblake/

#20 bluebomber

bluebomber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

There's one 64bit build by diabol http://blackbox4wind...t-environments/ and another one by DBlake http://blackbox4wind...uild-by-dblake/

I am going to test them and expect to have success. Thank you Pitkon :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users