10 replies to this topic

#1 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]There are people who can’t always have the desktop available because they run maximized applications and would like a menu button on their bbleanbar. Of course, the easiest way to bring up the Blackbox menu is by loading bbkeys and using a keyboard combination, but there are others who want a bbleanbar with a menu button anyway.[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Well, BBLeanBar doesn’t allow for a menu button (although SystemBarEx does) so we will have to use a bbinterface solution.[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]1) [/font][font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Load BBInterface.[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]2) [/font][font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Ctrl+Right click on any bbinterface element and go Interface Operations/Create New Control/Frame.[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]3) [/font][font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]If you don’t want to have your bbleanbar on top of all applications, then go Window Options and uncheck Always On Top. But if you do (in case you are running maximized programs) leave it as it is.[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]4) [/font][font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Alt+Left Click on the frame to make it a bit longer than bbleanbar and a bit taller (hold left mouse down and drag). Make sure it’s long enough to accommodate a small button.[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]5) [/font][font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Ctrl+Right Click on the frame to go Control Options/Plugins/Load Plugin. Go to your HD to find bbleanbar.dll and load it. BBleanBar is now within the frame. Move it to the left or to the right edge, depending on whether you want the Menu Button to the left or to the right.[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]NOTE: If bbleanbar is not automatically loaded in the frame, Ctrl+Right click on bbleanbar to pop up its menu and then go Configuration and check Use Slit. (Thanks for reminding me, Liquid).[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]6) [/font][font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Ctrl+Right Click on the frame and go Interface Operations/Create New Child Control/Button. Use Ctrl+Left Click to move it around or Alt+Left Click to bring the button to desired size (in both occasions, hold left mouse down and drag).[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]7) [/font][font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Ctril+Right Click on the button and go Control Options/Mouse Down/System Shell/Blackbox Menu. Save. That’s it.[/font]

[font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Remember you can place any icon on the button to make it prettier (Control Option/Image) or use any element style on the button and the frame to make them more interesting and/or create a contrast to bbleanbar (Window Options/Style).[/font]

Attached File  BBIFRAME.JPG   54.27KB   4 downloads

A multiple bbleanbar-frames setup.

• Paz, starstuff and Liquid like this

#2 knowom

knowom

bbMechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

Actually I did that awhile back for one of the bb4win version I used in the past. Here's how it looks with a custom style I created which can be found over here.

http://blackbox4wind...e-white/?p=1129

Posted Image

• pitkon and Paz like this

#3 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

Actually I did that awhile back for one of the bb4win version I used in the past. Here's how it looks with a custom style I created which can be found over here.

http://blackbox4wind...e-white/?p=1129

Posted Image

Good for you! :D

• Paz likes this

#4 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

bbInterface doesn't seem to load in the 64 bit versions of bb. I hope the guys developing it can get more plugins working, because that looks great!!

• pitkon likes this
keescg.png

#5 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

bbInterface doesn't seem to load in the 64 bit versions of bb. I hope the guys developing it can get more plugins working, because that looks great!!

Which bbi build have you tried? Some do work with 64-bit BB. No one is developing bbi anymore. kazmix was the last one, some 5 years back. However, mojmir did say he is going to try to update it...

• Liquid likes this

#6 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Which bbi build have you tried? Some do work with 64-bit BB. No one is developing bbi anymore. kazmix was the last one, some 5 years back. However, mojmir did say he is going to try to update it...

I just downloaded and installed mojmir's bbzero_beta and bbi does work in that one. So, I will try it out, following your instructions. Thanks :)

• Paz likes this
keescg.png

#7 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

I just downloaded and installed mojmir's bbzero_beta and bbi does work in that one. So, I will try it out, following your instructions. Thanks :)

Anytime :) Feel free to ask if you need any help :)

• Paz likes this

#8 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

Thanks :) I have tried this out on DBlake's and mojmir's 64 bit builds and also in XP, with grischka's 1.17 build. I can create the start button and make it work, but I can't seem to get bbleanbar to sit inside the frame as well. I followed your steps, but when I get to [color=#006400;] [font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]5) "[/color][/font][font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Ctrl+Right Click on the frame to go Control Options/Plugins/Load Plugin. Go to your HD to find bbleanbar.dll and load it[/font]"  bbleanbar appears at the bottom of the screen, instead of in the frame. It doesn't really matter,because I can create the button in it's own small frame and place it next to bbleanbar. But I was just wondering why I'm having trouble putting bbleanbar inside the frame.

keescg.png

#9 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

Thanks :) I have tried this out on DBlake's and mojmir's 64 bit builds and also in XP, with grischka's 1.17 build. I can create the start button and make it work, but I can't seem to get bbleanbar to sit inside the frame as well. I followed your steps, but when I get to [color=#006400;] [font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]5) "[/color][/font][font="ubuntu, sans-serif;"]Ctrl+Right Click on the frame to go Control Options/Plugins/Load Plugin. Go to your HD to find bbleanbar.dll and load it[/font]"  bbleanbar appears at the bottom of the screen, instead of in the frame. It doesn't really matter,because I can create the button in it's own small frame and place it next to bbleanbar. But I was just wondering why I'm having trouble putting bbleanbar inside the frame.

Ctrl+Right click on bbleanbar and click on Configuration. Make sure Use Slit is checked.

#10 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Ctrl+Right click on bbleanbar and click on Configuration. Make sure Use Slit is checked.

Ok! That was it. Thanks! I don't really need a start/menu button there (since I can just right click on the clock). I just wanted to know how to do it and get familiar with bbi. I've never used it before. Thanks again :)

• pitkon likes this
keescg.png

#11 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Ok! That was it. Thanks! I don't really need a start/menu button there (since I can just right click on the clock). I just wanted to know how to do it and get familiar with bbi. I've never used it before. Thanks again :)

Thank YOU for reminding me about the Use Slit thingie. Completely slipped my mind. Gonna add it to instructions right now :)

• Liquid likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users