• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Hey, I have just started using bbLean on windows 8.1 and I am really liking it. I do however miss seeing battery life and wifi/internet access. I've read that this could be shown by setting bbLean as your shell. I tried to set it as my shell by using bsetshell, which resulted in losing the volume, internet and battery icons in my default theme upon restart. Is there any way to make this work on 8.1? I hope I've made myself clear.

#2 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

hello darukun,

last time i've tried to "run as a shell" was on win7.

running as shell solves a bit the 'tray problem' (although am not sure if it solves it completely). but i found that it has its dark side (for example broken "open in explorer" menu items in visual studio).

win 8.1 are relatively new so not everything is working yet, so i suppose it may be broken. i'll try it some evening.

maybe you can do screenshots of what's exactly wrong in the meantime?

#3 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

hello darukun,

last time i've tried to "run as a shell" was on win7.

running as shell solves a bit the 'tray problem' (although am not sure if it solves it completely). but i found that it has its dark side (for example broken "open in explorer" menu items in visual studio).

win 8.1 are relatively new so not everything is working yet, so i suppose it may be broken. i'll try it some evening.

maybe you can do screenshots of what's exactly wrong in the meantime?

Hey, thanks for the reaction. I actually got it working by running bsetshell as admin. Now I'm wondering how can I set a default background on startup?

#4 Avail

Avail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hey, thanks for the reaction. I actually got it working by running bsetshell as admin. Now I'm wondering how can I set a default background on startup?

Open bbStyleMaker, go to the 'Other' tab and populate the textbox at the bottom with the path to a picture you want. Click save and it should set itself as soon as blackbox starts.

Posted Image

#5 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Open bbStyleMaker, go to the 'Other' tab and populate the textbox at the bottom with the path to a picture you want. Click save and it should set itself as soon as blackbox starts.

Posted Image

Thanks, got that working. I have 2 monitors, is there any way to make the background repeat itself on the other monitor instead of stretching it over both?

#6 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

If you still want to see battery life and net activity separately, you can always use BBInterface.

#7 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

If you still want to see battery life and net activity separately, you can always use BBInterface.

I'll have a look into this, thanks for the response

Sorry for the stupid question, but where can I downlaod BBInterface?

#8 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

From our archives, of course :) Downloads/Plugins http://blackbox4wind...ch&attach_id=53 We have every plugin ever created for Blackbox 4 Windows. :yes:

#9 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

From our archives, of course :) Downloads/Plugins http://blackbox4wind...ch&attach_id=53 We have every plugin ever created for Blackbox 4 Windows. :yes:

Aha ofcourse. I tried bbInterfaceMod_iTunes and bbInterface, but when tryign to add either of those it gives an error tha the plugin cannot be loaded. I am using 1.17.1

#10 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Are you using a 64-bit OS?

#11 darukun

darukun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

Are you using a 64-bit OS?

Yes.

#12 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

Should have asked first. BBInterface has SOME issues with SOME 64-bit BB builds. I suggest you try mojmir's or dblake's builds. They have lots of more options than the old 1.17, anyway :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users