6 replies to this topic

#1 Maikuru

Maikuru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Hello,

So after some time of using bblean, I encountered a strange visual bug with the bbIconBox plugin even though I had never changed any of its settings.

When it's set to autohide, after disappearing, it leaves this visible black bar behind as shown in the image. When moved elsewhere, the black bar will follow the next time the IconBox autohides itself.

I even tried disabling the IconBox entirely but even after disabling it, the black box remains.

I was wondering if this is an issue with the bblean build itself? I am currently using version 1.17.

Attached Files

#2 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:08 AM

Welcome to the forum. Seems like that would be due to how bbIconbox is interacting with your wallpaper process. Are you using bbLean itself to draw the wallpaper, or Windows native? If you disable bbIconBox and restart bbLean through the menu, does the black bar remain? If you disable transparencies in bbIconBox does the issue persist?

#3 Maikuru

Maikuru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

I'm using Windows Native to draw the wallpaper. I have disabled bbIconBox and restarted bbLean through the menu and the black box still remains so given that I believe we can assume that it's the native wallpaper interfereing with bbIconBox's properties correct? The same issue happens with transparency is disabled. In fact, If I enable transparencies and increase the transparency, you can actually see the black box right underneath it. How do I set the background via bbLean? I noticed that there is an option for a bbLean controlled wallpaper through graphics but all it does is enable it, I do I not know where to go to set the wallpaper via bbLean. EDIT: I figured out that I can set it through the rc of either bsetroot or the actual style's rc itself. The issue however still remains.

Thanks.

#4 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Well, restarting bb through it's menu for some reason doesn't really restart bb. What I mean by this is that it doesn't seem to actually create a new process and kill the old one, which means that some of the nastier stuff can stick.

Like buggy windows. Which this seems to be (same with tooltip leftovers).

Anyways: I have no clue what causes this problem. Basically bbIconBox is being silly

#5 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

I'm using Windows Native to draw the wallpaper. I have disabled bbIconBox and restarted bbLean through the menu and the black box still remains so given that I believe we can assume that it's the native wallpaper interfereing with bbIconBox's properties correct? The same issue happens with transparency is disabled. In fact, If I enable transparencies and increase the transparency, you can actually see the black box right underneath it. How do I set the background via bbLean? I noticed that there is an option for a bbLean controlled wallpaper through graphics but all it does is enable it, I do I not know where to go to set the wallpaper via bbLean. EDIT: I figured out that I can set it through the rc of either bsetroot or the actual style's rc itself. The issue however still remains.

Thanks.

You must be using bbIconBox+? There's two different versions. The + version has a background transparency feature that's leftover from the fork bbMein. It's kind of finicky, and I don't know that the feature was every really finished, as the alpha value goes from 1 to 8, and if "transparent background" is enabled, 0 and 8 are transparent, while everything in between shows the black bar. But your bbIconBox functions normally unless you're using autohide though, and it only recently started happening, so IDK.

You might try a different version of the plugin.

#6 Maikuru

Maikuru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

You must be using bbIconBox+? There's two different versions. The + version has a background transparency feature that's leftover from the fork bbMein. It's kind of finicky, and I don't know that the feature was every really finished, as the alpha value goes from 1 to 8, and if "transparent background" is enabled, 0 and 8 are transparent, while everything in between shows the black bar. But your bbIconBox functions normally unless you're using autohide though, and it only recently started happening, so IDK.

You might try a different version of the plugin.

I am currently using the one linked in your response. The transparency is an alpha value from 0-255; 0 being transparent. Also I have been trying to look at other alternatives, if possible. However, I am prevented from using other plugins due to the following error message: "- The plugin requires another dll that is not there.  - The plugin is incompatible with the windows version

- The plugin is incompatible with this blackbox version"

#7 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

I am currently using the one linked in your response.

The transparency is an alpha value from 0-255; 0 being transparent.

Also I have been trying to look at other alternatives, if possible. However, I am prevented from using other plugins due to the following error message:
"- The plugin requires another dll that is not there.
 - The plugin is incompatible with the windows version

- The plugin is incompatible with this blackbox version"

Yea, that happens a lot.

Let's talk some numbers.

I take it you use grishka's good old 32Bit bbLean 1.17?

Which version of windows do you use?

Do you have a 64Bit system?

Can you post the blackbox.exe and the faulty plugin's .dll [Edit: nevermind the plugin]? (just zipping them would be enough, if you are lazy just zip your bb folder)

If we can identify the bb and plugin version and reproduce the bug somewhere it would make fixing it a lot easier.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bbIconBox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users