3 replies to this topic

#1 wsurfer0

wsurfer0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

Hi,

I'm using bbSlit as a toolbar. Inside the bbSlit I have Quick Launch and 2 workspaces, A and B. When I open a program from Quick Launch, its icon appears in workspace A. But my problem is that right-clicking on the icon in workspace A (or B) does not open a menu so I can close the program, like in a normal toolbar. How do I achieve that?

Screenshot of the bbSlit toolbar: https://postimg.org/image/efl34b3x7/

Thanks.

#2 wsurfer0

wsurfer0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:01 PM

Not to open another topic - I have made a Start button in bbInterface, but when I click it, the menu that opens is covering the button. Is there a way to make the menu open on the outside of the button (like when right-clicking on a window label in bbLeanBar for instance)? Thanks

#3 drfrog

drfrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:10 AM

I'm using bblean 1.17.1 with bbIconBox, and the management features you're trying are not present. My guess is that they haven't been added to the newer shells, either. Your best bet is to appeal to the developer of the shell that you're currently using, and there's a small chance they'll dig through the bbIconBox source to achieve what you're asking. It's not likely, though, so you may want to look through the code yourself, or just get used to the feature not existing, sorry to say. bbIconBox is mostly there to launch things or switch to them.

I'm reaching way back here, since I'm more of a dabbler, but I believe Pitkon was the wizard when it came to getting the most out of bbInterface. With bbInterface, I always felt like I was reinventing the wheel and was more profitable personally to just use the existing setup's very well-coded power.

#4 wsurfer0

wsurfer0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the answer, I guess I'll have to give up the idea of using bbIconBox as a toolbar. However, I would still like to know if there's a way to solve the menu problem (2nd post). If anybody knows how, I'd be grateful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: menu, right-click, bbiconbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users