Photo

BBbin plugin

Best Answer chalky10 , 07 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

Hi,pitkon thank you for all your help, so I guess for now the bbbin plugin stays as is unless someone takes it apart to resolve the problem,what a shame I liked it,s tiny icon size and may have found other ways to incorporate it into my desktop,I may yet still use it, ah well.

Thanks for the button tip thats something i did,nt know about and I will give it a try.

For now I,ve just put the bbrecyclebin in the bottom left of my desktop and bbsystemstate in the bottom right then stretched the native toolbar out to meet them, looks good to me.

Regarding the bars I think I understand the difference now so I guess we can mark this thread solved.

Many Thanks for all your help :)

chalky10

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chalky10

chalky10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hi Blackbox users.I am a new Blackbox bblean user on a Windows 7 sp1 32-bit system.All was going well but I have hit a small problem I cannot seem to resolve, so I thought I,d start a new thread in the hope some kind person may help me out.I have installed the BBbin plugin and all seems fine except that clicking open recycle bin actually opens "My computer" window.Clicking empty recycle bin works as it should and empties the contents of the recycle bin.Clicking on Bitbucket from the menu works fine in all respects. I have uninstalled and re-installed the plugin many times to no avail.Any help would be very much appreciated as I cannot seem to resolve this problem.

Many Thanks,chalky10

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:58 AM

Which version of bbbin are you using, chalky?

#3 chalky10

chalky10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

Hi pitkon thanks for replying, it was the bbbin plugin from this site http://bb4win.source.../plugins.html 

the one titled BBbin 1.2.1. special recycle bin and is actually the icon you asked about to the left of the toolbar on my gallery desktop screenshot.

I have now downloaded BBRecycle bin from the same site and it works perfectly, although I would still like to use the bbbin plugin if possible.

#4 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:45 AM

Try this one and let me know how it went.

Attached File  bbbin10.zip   9.46KB   2 downloads

And I would still like to have more info about the setup in your screenie... :)

#5 chalky10

chalky10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hi pitkon,Thanks for the bbbin plugin.I installed as normal and guess what, same problem,strange eh.

Also here is a bit more info from my screenie.

My original installation download was from here bblean 1.17.1 with all the elements such as bbinterface etc included I just installed it and this is pretty much how it arrived on my desktop,sorry I cant be more help here, I just turned various elements on or off and tweaked the settings a bit,all smoke and mirrors eh lol.

You are right there are two toolbars,very strange I thought, the bottom one calls itself toolbar and claims to be configurable from the bblean.rc although I am struggling abit with this as any changes only seem to effect the top bar,never mind it,s early days yet so I wont worry about it for now.

The bottom toolbar can be turned on & off in the main menu under Blackbox/configuration/misc.I have dicovered that middle clicking the bottom toolbar,s centre hides or disables/toggles on and off the top bar and so any minimised windows etc are accessed from the right click menu of the bottom bar under icons although it seems this can be changed to text,text & icons etc but I haven,t managed to alter that yet,and right clicking on the clock opens the main bblean menu,The bottom toolbar does not seem to be able to display the system tray though.All in all its a usefull bar and with more work from me could prove to be a keeper.The only meter I have added was the one to the right of the bottom toolbar which is bbstate and the infamous bbbin to the left.

The weather, e-mail,desktop text & clock are all rainmeter elements all very much modified by me,I,m a bit of a Rainmeter junkie lol.

I hope i have included as much info as you would have liked and that my noobiness has,nt made things to muddy, i will improve in time lol.

Many Thanks,chalky

#6 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

Thanks so much for all the info! The bottom bar is BBLean's native toolbar. You are using it in combination with bbleanbar. The meters are bbsystemstate,

As for bbbin, I now recall this was one of the plugins glitches. It's been a long time ago, but I was using it myself - as I recalled seeing some of my 2004 screenies :) But you can replace it with a bbinterface button calling bbrecyclebin bro@ms.

#7 chalky10

chalky10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:31 PM   Best Answer

Hi,pitkon thank you for all your help, so I guess for now the bbbin plugin stays as is unless someone takes it apart to resolve the problem,what a shame I liked it,s tiny icon size and may have found other ways to incorporate it into my desktop,I may yet still use it, ah well.

Thanks for the button tip thats something i did,nt know about and I will give it a try.

For now I,ve just put the bbrecyclebin in the bottom left of my desktop and bbsystemstate in the bottom right then stretched the native toolbar out to meet them, looks good to me.

Regarding the bars I think I understand the difference now so I guess we can mark this thread solved.

Many Thanks for all your help :)

chalky10

• pitkon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users