8 replies to this topic

#1 jschall

jschall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

I was trying to find a bbInterface script with a slit equivalent that I could use in place of bbSlit.

When I downloaded the Mighty Box theme and installed it in C:Blackbox Mighty Box, I set Explorer as shell, then ran the 

C:Blackbox Mighty Boxblackbox.exe file, I got a bunch of errors as each .dll failed to load, and ended up with this:

What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files

#2 crowmag

crowmag

bbDinosaur

• VIP Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

You probably need to install the Visual C++ redistributable library for the version of Visual C++ that was used to compile the plugins.

Depending on when it was complied and what version of Visual C++ that was used that could be:

Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable:

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=29

Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable:

http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8328

Since you have been using bbZero 1.18rc3.5 and it has been working it probably is not the 2012 version.

It won't hurt to install both (they take up a miniscule amount of space) but I would install the 2008 version first.

• pitkon likes this

#3 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

About bbi scripts: what do you want to load within a slit-like frame? The best way to do it is create one yourself, using bbi is not THAT hard - and I can help you along.

#4 jschall

jschall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

@crowmag: Thanks for your suggestion about Visual C++. I have versions 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 installed on my PC, including x86- and x64 versions. @pitkon: What I would like in a wharf would be a set of tabs arranged vertically along the screen edge that will pop out to a bar of shortcuts relating to the tab. I used to do that with Geoshell's bars. Right now I have a bunch of folders with shortcuts, and a my BlackBox menu shows the icons in each folder as in this pic: And as backup, for when BlackBox fails me, I have "Hidden Menu" lurking in two corners of my screen (http://www.snapfiles...hiddenmenu.html).

Attached Files

#5 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

@pitkon: What I would like in a wharf would be a set of tabs arranged vertically along the screen edge that will pop out to a bar of shortcuts relating to the tab.

I used to do that with Geroshell's bars.

That's easy. Pick one of my wharfs and adjust it to your needs. Or, gimme specifics about folders and drop-out drawers and I will help you create one of your own.

And you mean Geoshell, right? I mean we are not that old :D

#6 jschall

jschall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

Yes, I meant Geoshell :-) I would love to use one of your wharfs, @pitkon, but your theme won't run on my PC.

#7 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

Yes, I meant Geoshell :-) I would love to use one of your wharfs, @pitkon, but your theme won't run on my PC.

If you run bbinterface with no problems, then you can surely use my theme. Do you get some messages or what?

#8 jschall

jschall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

Hi, Pete. In my original post in this thread, I explained what happens when I run Blackbox Mighty Box.

#9 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

Could be that the dlls that I am including in the package are not compatible with your BB build. Replace them with the versions included in Mojmir's BB package.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users