Photo

different workspace for different monitor?

multiple monitors workspace separate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maaaatteo

maaaatteo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:56 AM

hi there!

i'm currently running blackboxzero 1.18 on win 8.1 64bit, and have a question regarding multiple monitors and workspaces. Sorry if i'm not going to use proper words, i hope to be clear.

I just plugged a 2nd monitor (via VGA, while the 1st is via HDMI) and bb recognized it istantly, using it as an extension of the 1st. In fact now EVERY workspace is spread on the 2 monitors.

What i would like to achive is to have separate workspaces for the 2nd monitor. For example workspaces 1,2,3 on monitor #1 and workspaces 3,4,5 on monitor #2.

Is this possible, and how?

thanks for your attention!

bye

MAtteo

edit: i'm running bb as shell

• sed likes this

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

Can't be done, as far as I know, but mojmir or some other may prove me wrong.

All you can do is send windows (apps) to certain workspaces using bro@ms, for instance:

@BBCoreMoveWindowToWS #n

where the window moves to the workspace number you specified and you switch workspace.

• sed likes this

#3 maaaatteo

maaaatteo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

Can't be done, as far as I know, but mojmir or some other may prove me wrong.

All you can do is send windows (apps) to certain workspaces using bro@ms, for instance:

@BBCoreMoveWindowToWS #n

where the window moves to the workspace number you specified and you switch workspace.

thanks. hope someone will prove you're wrong :P

however, if it may help, it would be enough to have one of the following solutions as well, in order of preference:

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]- workspaces 1,2,3,4,5 on monitor #1 and workspace 6 on monitor #2.[/color]

- workspace 1 on monitor # and workspace 2 on monitor #2.

Matteo

#4 sed

sed

VIP

• Moderators
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

I tryed that hookup and had to seriously adjust the second screen to look as clean as the first- You are going to drive some NEWBIE crazy (like me) :teehee:

• pitkon and Paz like this

#5 MediaGeek

MediaGeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:13 AM

I too would like to request this... ws1 & 2 on monitor 1 and ws3 & 4 on monitor 2.

I just reinstalled it tonight after several years... can't wait to configure it :)

• pitkon likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multiple monitors, workspace, separate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users