• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 m00k00

m00k00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:37 PM

After playing around with Blackbox the day over, i must say that i'm really impressed so far! :)

However i'm still exploring all the possibilities and i'm trying to figure out which plugins i can use to create the desktop environment which suits my needs best. I'm having 4 screens attached to my machine from which i'm using two basically most of the times, while the 2 others are just TVs which i'm usally using in mirrored mode to mirror my primary screen when watching movies. I used to have SharpE installed with a top bar and a bottom bar on my primary screen and the secondary one.

I'm still a little bit puzzled about the question which plugins i could use to mimic this setup. I've stumbled over BBInterface and it seems to have basically i would want to have for a top bar: System Informations, Winamp Controll, Sound Volume Controll, Date display and the possibility to launch a few tools by clicking on icons. It turned out that i could use the desktop margin setting to make all of my windows align to the top and the bottom bar so that they would never overlap my bars when being maximized. However i was not able to figure out how to get this to work for my secondary screen, this only seems to apply for my primary screen at the moment. Also im a little bit puzzled about the question how i could place a BlackboxBar also on my secondary screen, at the moment i'm not able to figure out how to create another instance of this plugin. I would be very thankfull if some of you peeps could point me into the right direction about setting up Blackbox for multi monitor environments ;)

I'm not sure whether BBInterface would be my best choice, but it seems i can at least spawn multiple instances from this plugin. Although i must admit that i've not yet figured this thingy out completly i have the feeling that i'm on a good way already to reach my goals with the BBInterface plugin :D

• pitkon likes this

#2 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

BBI is an extremely useful tool for Blackbox, but I don't think it can help you with a multi-monitor setup. Using the -vdesk parameter in bsetroot/bsetbg in style files will help you stretch things across monitors and, instead of a wall, you can use RootCommand to load a batch file of bro@ms that could help - but this is too complicated and would take a lot of time and experimentation.

As for a second instance of BBbar, you can copy the one you already have to a different folder and rename everything to bbbar2 or whatever - and then load it as a new plugin. But you can also use systembarex, which is a different bar with a different look and options. And don't forget that Blackbox' native bar is always there, but hidden: simply bring up the menu and go Configuration/Misc/Enable Toolbar. Not as versatile as bbbar, but will appear on all desktops.

Last but not least, congrats for the job you've done so far. You are a fast learner :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users