4 replies to this topic

#1 molecube

molecube

werkkzeuger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Inspired by this thread http://blackbox4wind...-rc6-by-mojmir/ I created my own steam-like style, called "steamlined".

Since I think it's a matching style for steam users (and for others, too) I want to share it with you. Hope you like it.

Attached Files

• pitkon and cthu1hu like this

#2 knowom

knowom

bbMechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:20 AM

The menu highlights actually look a bit Nvidia reminiscent. That's probably one altercation I'd make on my original design is tweaking the menu highlights making a AMD and NVIDIA color scheme changes to the menu highlights. Looks less glassy as well which is the other thing I had considered doing changing the stylemaker texture's on the menu title and the toolbar the horizontal gradient I think kinda matches steam client a bit more authentically. I just happened to really like the glassy look and went with it You made the actual text not bold as well which matches the client better, but I just felt the bold is easier to read. Styling choices and decisions basically nice work though. Wonder what other styles would be good to emulate outside AMD, NVIDIA, and INTEL I think a Nintendo theme could look really good off the top of my head.

• molecube likes this

#3 molecube

molecube

werkkzeuger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

Hi knowom,

thanks for your feedback. Most appreciated. Nvidia was something I actually did not have in mind when creating that style but yeah, matches the Nvidia-green. Regarding bold or normal (or even thin) fonts I always tend to normal or thin because it costs less space.

I also think that themes (instead of styles) might be an interesting thing to do but Nintendo in general might a bit too general. Maybe one could do a Super-Mario-Theme or a Zelda-Theme for instance.

#4 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

Very good indeed!

• molecube likes this

#5 ojred

ojred

Sourceforger