• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#161 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

and now for something completely different :)

the bbpager configuration takes the dimensions of workspaces from blackbox itself, not from bbpager.rc file, that entry is readed, but silently ignored.

classic row workspaces:

Attached File  row_workspaces.png   75.01KB   6 downloads

colum workspaces:

Attached File  column_workspaces.png   124.71KB   5 downloads

2d workspaces:

Attached File  2d_workspaces.png   133.37KB   13 downloads

There are key bindings for going 'up' and 'down' in workspaces:

KeyToGrab(),				   WithModifier(),			    WithAction(PrevWorkspace)KeyToGrab(),				   WithModifier(),			    WithAction(NextWorkspace)KeyToGrab(),				   WithModifier(),			    WithAction(UpWorkspace)KeyToGrab(),				   WithModifier(),			    WithAction(DownWorkspace)

• pitkon likes this

#162 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:59 PM

btw: why this separation of rc(s) into blackbox.rc and extensions.rc?   from my point of view it does not really matter where the record "key : value" is. i have an alternative parser that does this: it reads all files into one "global namespace".. which is in fact the same structure i used for bbsearch.

I think pitkon is right on this one and I'm all in for the merge. The blackbox.rc was probably meant to be compatible with the *nix blackbox' blackbox.rc file with options for windows-specific blackbox extensions going into extensions.rc.   Maybe we could do with something like an includeonce syntax which doesn't break the existing parsers. For example:

!#includeonce "extensions.rc"

Then everyone's free to split up the config as much as they like.   Of note is that the original blackbox.rc (as well as the styles) were Xrdb resource databases, hence the extension, wildcard foo (*) and namespace format. Currently menu.rc, plugins.rc and bbKeys.rc all deviate from said format, but still .rc has stuck as a convention to name config files in blackbox.

Also of note is that we don't really have to be configuration compatible with *nix blackbox 0.6/0.7 and, in fact, we are not.

• pitkon and mojmir like this

#163 Kajuru

Kajuru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

Im using RC5 set as default shell with bsetshell and after most everything is loaded, it crashed(twice), so i have to open up taskmanager to load it again(making thus all startup applications load a second time). The second time it doesnt crash anymore.

Windows 8.1 PT-BR with most, if not all, updates.

Happens everytime i do a reset(but works fine when coming from hibernate)

Crash is at SHCORE.dll

Assinatura do problema:  Nome do Evento de Problema:	APPCRASH  Nome do Aplicativo:	blackbox.exe  Versão do Aplicativo:	0.0.0.0  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo:	54eae9df  Nome do Módulo de Falhas:	SHCORE.dll  Versão do Módulo de Falhas:	6.3.9600.17415  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas:	54503fa9  Código de Exceção:	c0000005  Deslocamento de Exceção:	0000000000003dd4  Versão do sistema operacional:	6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4  Identificação da Localidade:	1046  Informações Adicionais 1:	d357  Informações Adicionais 2:	d3578a48fa00830a6f9e91493e4bf134  Informações Adicionais 3:	472f  Informações Adicionais 4:	472f9a798d497df6e8ef1a13ed3d0090Leia nossa política de privacidade online:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262Se a política de privacidade online não estiver disponível, leia nossa declaração de privacidade offline:  C:Windowssystem32pt-BRerofflps.txtAssinatura do problema:  Nome do Evento de Problema:	APPCRASH  Nome do Aplicativo:	blackbox.exe  Versão do Aplicativo:	0.0.0.0  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo:	54eae9df  Nome do Módulo de Falhas:	SHCORE.dll  Versão do Módulo de Falhas:	6.3.9600.17415  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas:	54503fa9  Código de Exceção:	c000041d  Deslocamento de Exceção:	0000000000003dd4  Versão do sistema operacional:	6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4  Identificação da Localidade:	1046  Informações Adicionais 1:	27e3  Informações Adicionais 2:	27e33e559f3cb35773dd968607d3fc4b  Informações Adicionais 3:	be82  Informações Adicionais 4:	be82bd33dbab763d87061c219be2d40bLeia nossa política de privacidade online:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262Se a política de privacidade online não estiver disponível, leia nossa declaração de privacidade offline:  C:Windowssystem32pt-BRerofflps.txt

#164 sitalk

sitalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

Before I forget, these days that I'm playing a lot more with bbInterface, thanks to bbTCL, I stumble often on this little thing:

every input field in the menus on bbZero has obligatory quotation marks, they are there even if the value is null and putting in text without quotation marks results in not taking the value if there's a space in it.

I checked on some old x32 bbLean build and it wasn't like this before, no quotation marks even if the value has spaces.

Any particular reason why this happens on bbZero?

Not really a bug, because everything works, it's just a little slower when editing values around because you can't go in the input field, select the old value with double click, delete it and then input the new value... you have to remember to type in the quotation marks too...

#165 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

Before I forget, these days that I'm playing a lot more with bbInterface, thanks to bbTCL, I stumble often on this little thing:

every input field in the menus on bbZero has obligatory quotation marks, they are there even if the value is null and putting in text without quotation marks results in not taking the value if there's a space in it.

This started long before bbzero, with BBClean and noccy's builds. It's a nuisance and I end up editing such things as spaces etc. in the script file. No biggie like you said, but it would be nice to have everything on right clicks...

#166 rix

rix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:02 AM

installed the new build and all my settings are gone ;_;

#167 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:40 AM

What settings, rix?

#168 tordenflesk

tordenflesk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

Yes, and? The installer doesn't backup anything for you, so you better make a copy of all your various .RC's

#169 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:12 AM

there is an checkbox during installation that omits copying configuration files. but i am not sure how well it works, because... i backup mine all the times ;)

maybe in future we could add some detection of old config files and ask to rewrite

• pitkon likes this

#170 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

sorry i have little spare time right now (work)

but if you formulate it as you would for a stupid child, i can look at it :)

in general that applies for everybody who wants their problem solved faster.. do me a list of steps that leads directly to the non-desired result.

i'll show you one ticket for you to have idea what i'd like:

Bug: Client crashes when player looting dead/unconscious player Repro steps: 1) Two players spawn on server 2) One player kills another or makes another one unconscious 3) try to move something from his inventory to yours by holding the item, NOT double click 4) Observe crash Repro rate: 5/5 Desired result: Game should not crash while looting another player Exe branch: DayZInt.exe Client version/revision: SVN 0.55.127253/ 10907

Windows version: Windows 7 x64

the reason for this is that sometimes one person uses blackbox in another way than his neighbour and sometimes i spend much more time trying to reproduce the behaviour than the time needed for fixing the problem. (and lately people reporting crashes that i am unable to reproduce, etc etc)

• pitkon likes this

#171 sitalk

sitalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:18 AM

Well in this case it's easier to explain with some screenshots.

When customizing captions in bbInterface:

Posted Image

I can't input strings with spaces like this:

Posted Image

The value is ignored without the quotation marks.

And this is the default state of all uninitialized string values:

Posted Image

In some past builds there was no need for quotation marks, they where in a way taken for granted.

#172 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:28 AM

Well in this case it's easier to explain with some screenshots.

When customizing captions in bbInterface:

Posted Image

I can't input strings with spaces like this:

Posted Image

The value is ignored without the quotation marks.

And this is the dafault state of all uninitialized string values:

Posted Image

In some past builds there was no need for quotation marks, they where in a way taken for granted.

This is not mojmir's doing, it started a long time ago when kazmix put out itunes mod. But I am sure it can be fixed. In fact, there are so many things to do in order to update bbi that I hope some day moj will look into it. We've all posted out wish lists, right? :)

#173 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:10 PM

well this is exactly the sort of stuff that is easier to fix than reproduce ;)

i'll try that on the weekend

• sitalk likes this

#174 Enigma83

Enigma83

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

The latest BB build (1.18.0 rc5) is causing my laptop to hang after login on a black screen with a black hourglass mouse icon. It's been happening for well over 5 mins now.

Alienware M14X R1

Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64

All Windows Updates and drivers installed

sfc /scannow reveals no corrupt system files.

Both HDDs thoroughly defragged

Kaspersky and Malwarebytes up to date, exclusions set in both AVs for BB

BB set as default shell, everything runs fine when Explorer is the default

I can get of the hangup with Ctrl-Alt-Del, killing all BB processes, and manually starting Explorer, but this isnt an acceptable solution.

Any ideas?

Edit: I've just tried all 3 builds on the first post of this thread. They all hang. I would like to request the last build of BB that didnt have that silly search/indexing functions. The issues began after that, everything was fine on the earlier builds that dont have those "features". Launchy and Executor already perform those functions quite well.

On the other hand, the hangs dont occur when Explorer is set to default shell but BlackBox is still running. The only downside to this scenario is that it kind of defeats the purpose of having a lean desktop manager, when 2 are running at the same time.

Lastly, if I simply leave Explorer as default, then what is the best way to make BB run automatically at login? I know I can place a shortcut to BB's main executable in "C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsStartUp", but that always results in the annoying error "BlackBox already running, would you like to close the other instance?" I *KNOW* I'm not trying to run it twice, this isn't a user error, it's either a bug in BB (why hasn't it been fixed?) or a bug in the way that Windows runs startup programs.

#175 sitalk

sitalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

I would like to request the last build of BB that didnt have that silly search/indexing functions. The issues began after that, everything was fine on the earlier builds that dont have those "features".

That "silly" function is actually a quite nice new menu item and as any other menu item can be disabled by simply commenting out its line in menu.rc.

By the way I just want to remind that who's working in keeping this shell alive does not deserve this kind of attitude, this is not a paid application so anyone who is maintaining this project alive is doing it just for the love of it and frankly he has the right to work on whatever "silly" "feature" he likes, besides anything new in Blackbox is more than welcome considering that it is one of the few shell replacements still alive under windows (not to mention the best one).

• pitkon and meanmechanics like this

#176 Enigma83

Enigma83

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

None of the comments were meant as disrespectful. Mojmir is free to develop the search function, and I'm free not to use it. I had no idea it could be disabled.

In any case, no build of Mojmir's BB is working for me, not even the older ones. I have no idea what the issue might be. Windows 8.1 has given me enough issues lately, I'll be installing 7 tonight and will test.

Would still like to get my other questions answered, though.

#177 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

None of the comments were meant as disrespectful. Mojmir is free to develop the search function, and I'm free not to use it. I had no idea it could be disabled.

In any case, no build of Mojmir's BB is working for me, not even the older ones. I have no idea what the issue might be. Windows 8.1 has given me enough issues lately, I'll be installing 7 tonight and will test.

Would still like to get my other questions answered, though.

I presume you have uninstalled Blackbox as shell before trying to load it on startup, right?

#178 sitalk

sitalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Is there currently any way to execute a bro@m every given time in bbZero?

I'm trying to achieve it in bbTCL and I succeeded kind of... but the price is crashing bbZero on reload or exit.

This is because I maintain open the execution of the main tcl file with the "vwait forever" command. This is needed for timed events or the script closes and the events never occur, but when reloading or closing the bbTCL plugin I guess the fact this script is still running in background causes some issues.

There is a plugin named BroamTimer but it's x32 only, alternatively one can use the alarms in bbCalendar but only day intervals are supported.

#179 whitek

whitek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

and now for something completely different :)

the bbpager configuration takes the dimensions of workspaces from blackbox itself, not from bbpager.rc file, that entry is readed, but silently ignored.

classic row workspaces:

Posted Imagerow_workspaces.png

colum workspaces:

Posted Imagecolumn_workspaces.png

2d workspaces:

Posted Image2d_workspaces.png

There are key bindings for going 'up' and 'down' in workspaces:

KeyToGrab(),				   WithModifier(),			    WithAction(PrevWorkspace)KeyToGrab(),				   WithModifier(),			    WithAction(NextWorkspace)KeyToGrab(),				   WithModifier(),			    WithAction(UpWorkspace)KeyToGrab(),				   WithModifier(),			    WithAction(DownWorkspace)

is there a way to make the pager windows much smaller? i'd like them in the tray super tiny...

#180 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

Open bbpager.rc with a text editor and look for the lines

bbpager.desktop.width: 
bbpager.desktop.height: 

Use smaller numbers and you're there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic