#141 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

No worries. That's understandable :)

Really? Yes, I tried 5 of yours and one of mine. They all display without the split or mirror - just the gradient.

Liquid, you are absolutely right. I belatedly realized the build I was testing is not the build Mojmir finally uploaded. I just tested it and, yes, no split graphics. Moj, will you see to that, please?

• Liquid likes this

#142 Liquid

Liquid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Liquid, you are absolutely right. I belatedly realized the build I was testing is not the build Mojmir finally uploaded. I just tested it and, yes, no split graphics. Moj, will you see to that, please?

Ah yes... that would do it :biggrin:

• pitkon likes this
keescg.png

#143 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

no prob, i'll look at it.

just give me one style with split gradient and a screenshot how it should really look like.

#144 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

Pick any of my themes here, moj. Besides, I've already sent you some styles :)

#145 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

ok, we can pick Robotic. just do me a screenie and make some red arrow in it :)

1) how it should really look like

2) and how it looks like  now

to verify we are looking at the same thing.

#146 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

ok, we can pick Robotic. just do me a screenie and make some red arrow in it :)

1) how it should really look like

2) and how it looks like  now

to verify we are looking at the same thing.

How it should really look like: Just see my screenshot on Robotic here.

How it looks now: Just imagine everything in vertical, not split-vertical.

What I am curious about is, what changed between the build I tested and the one we posted here? The one I tested bbZero_install_1.17.2-175-gffc3-dirty_mojmir worked just find. Maybe copy the gradients from there?

#147 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

the 1.17.2-175 worked? are you sure Pete? if yes, i may have an idea what happened

the same function that caused the flickering of the gradients was used in two places. so in the 190 build has the fix on both places, the 175 build has it only in one. i'll try it later this day, it may be well that.

#148 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

the 1.17.2-175 worked? are you sure Pete? if yes, i may have an idea what happened

the same function that caused the flickering of the gradients was used in two places. so in the 190 build has the fix on both places, the 175 build has it only in one. i'll try it later this day, it may be well that.

Yes, Moj, I am sure. Remember what I wrote in my PM? Absolute success. Perfect split gradient, no bbleanskin flickering.

#149 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Yes, Moj, I am sure. Remember what I wrote in my PM? Absolute success. Perfect split gradient, no bbleanskin flickering.

ok, i found it... it's the bbstylemaker crash fix. i have to solve it better, i was not seeing this.

#150 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

ok, i found it... it's the bbstylemaker crash fix. i have to solve it better, i was not seeing this.

Great news!

#151 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'm not sure this is the same problem you're examining here, but the remark may be helpful:

I had experienced some problems with the bbstylemaker and use it now with caution, because it is created (as understood later) for xoblite, not native BB. For styling files, the xoblite uses its own syntax:

1) 'appearance' added at the beginning of sections

2) 'color1' instead of 'color'

3) 'color2' instead of 'colorTo'

So, when I edit a style with a help of bbstylemaker, after that I need to change many strings like this:

Spoiler

only after the above changes everything works OK.

It's not a hell for me because I don't change styles often.

But IMHO the bbstylemaker is not suitable for a BB-shell if only it's not xoblite based.

Hope this info will help.

#152 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

and bbstylemaker is very uncomfortable to extend it... on the level of code i mean.  or to work with ;)

but if it's only these three things that separates bbstylemaker from working correctly i can fix it.

#153 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

I'm not sure this is the same problem you're examining here, but the remark may be helpful:

I had experienced some problems with the bbstylemaker and use it now with caution, because it is created (as understood later) for xoblite, not native BB. For styling files, the xoblite uses its own syntax:

1) 'appearance' added at the beginning of sections

2) 'color1' instead of 'color'

3) 'color2' instead of 'colorTo'

So, when I edit a style with a help of bbstylemaker, after that I need to change many strings like this:

Spoiler

only after the above changes everything works OK.

It's not a hell for me because I don't change styles often.

But IMHO the bbstylemaker is not suitable for a BB-shell if only it's not xoblite based.

Hope this info will help.

bbstylemaker was made by grischka to work with his BBLean, period. Any other Blackbox flavor can not use bbstylemaker correctly, especially when it comes to modern style options like split and mirror graphics etc. It simply is not feasible, since bbsm has two color sliders instead of four...

#154 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:35 AM

bbstylemaker was made by grischka to work with his BBLean, period. Any other Blackbox flavor can not use bbstylemaker correctly, especially when it comes to modern style options like split and mirror graphics etc. It simply is not feasible, since bbsm has two color sliders instead of four...

You know, it was a long time ago I faced this problem, so don't remember exactly why the bbstylemaker seemed to be for xoblite. May be because of the bbstylemaker.rc content:

Spoiler

To be strict, I mean the bblean 1.17.1 and bbstylemaker 1.31 -- some problems with styles were solved as explained in my previous post.

If this way can not help you, I have nothing more to propose.

#155 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

You know, it was a long time ago I faced this problem, so don't remember exactly why the bbstylemaker seemed to be for xoblite. May be because of the bbstylemaker.rc content:

Spoiler

To be strict, I mean the bblean 1.17.1 and bbstylemaker 1.31 -- some problems with styles were solved as explained in my previous post.

If this way can not help you, I have nothing more to propose.

bbstylemaker needs a re-haul, that's for sure. And four color sliders :)

#156 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

bbstylemaker needs a re-haul, that's for sure. And four color sliders :)

this is not clear for me...

The bbstylemaker is like the bbnote - just an editor, but comparing to bbnote is purposed and structered for comfortable styles-editing. We can use it for editing even on a PC where no BB-shell is installed. What requirements or "needs" are uncovered for me?

#157 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

this is not clear for me...

The bbstylemaker is like the bbnote - just an editor, but comparing to bbnote is purposed and structered for comfortable styles-editing. We can use it for editing even on a PC where no BB-shell is installed. What requirements or "needs" are uncovered for me?

bbstylemaker is not an editor, it's an app that turns out styles which can be edited. It doesn't work for some flavors because of syntax differences and it doesn't work at all for modern syntax which includes split and mirror graphics etc. bbstylemaker, the app, would need four color sliders and syntax recognition for specific commands, like splitvertical, or mirrorhorizontal, or blockvertical, or outline.text etc. etc. You can always add them later on the style file produced by bbsm, but then you would need a color picker and an editor. Which makes the use of bbsm mute... Hope I was more clear.

If we are going to continue this discussion, I think we should move it under Help, since this has so little to do with mojmir's build :)

#158 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

If we are going to continue this discussion, I think we should move it under Help, since this has so little to do with mojmir's build :)

Yeah, it's offtopic here. Sorry, it's not a time for me to be intended on styles, so I'm not going to start a new topic.

But all I see on this matter: a user may face problems under [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]bblean[/color] when editing styles with [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]bbstylemaker - the software intended to work proper with bblean. If it needs some editional plugins or great tunings - nothing is explained in a manual or a forum brunch. I don't ask for discussions on this  :geek:[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color]

#159 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

Yeah, it's offtopic here. Sorry, it's not a time for me to be intended on styles, so I'm not going to start a new topic.

But all I see on this matter: a user may face problems under [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]bblean[/color] when editing styles with [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]bbstylemaker - the software intended to work proper with bblean. If it needs some editional plugins or great tunings - nothing is explained in a manual or a forum brunch. I don't ask for discussions on this  :geek:[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color]

OK, we do agree about users facing problems with bbstylemaker :)

#160 spoonm

spoonm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

I don't think many people have had this issue. The two people I know use bbLean (mojmir's build, both) never experienced it.

Ever since I've started using mojmir's build, dragging and dropping video files has been a gamble. Now and then, it'll crash when I drag video files(not sure if, but might be specifically .mkv?). I want to copy stuff over to an external drive for backup purposes, open an explorer window for my internal folder and one for the external drive and drag and drop files. xDemonessx, one of the people I asked, hinted it could be something with bbLeanSkin, as she doesn't use it. I tried reproducing the crashes on my desktop, which doesn't have bbLeanSkin loaded, and it crashed either way.

Sometimes, it won't crash. I assume that's an issue with the drag-n'-drop images to set wallpaper feature. I unchecked Smart Wallpaper and Enable Background under Configuration. Now when it crashes, the Windows-set background stays instead of becoming completely black. I recorded a video of it happening(and not happening), but I guess these steps are easy to understand.

I've tried it on Mojmir's rc5, and the original build that was released here, not sure it was posted as rc1 or not. All of them had this problem. I think the same thing happened on bb4win 1.17, but it's been so long I'm not sure.

Everytime it's happened, I started blackbox.exe again and had to go through all the processes associated to programs whose windows were on other workspaces than the one it was when it crashed, as bbLean would no longer "see" those.

If you need a link to the videos I recorded, let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users