• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#101 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

something strange happened to me along those lines but not as seriously as you appear to have been affected. I know it's trivial very trivial but when I looked into the "start>programs>accessories" folder, programs such as snip, are missing, also a few others I hardly use. I can still start snip by making a shortcut to it but it is strange none-the-less. For me that isnt major and I do not think it is entirely connected to this version of BB but I will investigate further

Oh it's not serious for me, it is certainly usual misunderstanding or wrong doing from my part, but I prefer to list them here in case it is recurrent with other users or the devs have some advice to give me.

www.survivingmauritius.com

#102 meanmechanics

meanmechanics

Troll

• VIP Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

I swear I saw links in one of the first few posts some time ago but I can't seem to find them now.  I might be blind, but are the downloads for this build available anywhere?

page 4 post #78

Are you the same skwire that made trout? If so, glad to see you here Jody!

www.survivingmauritius.com

#103 technorati

technorati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Getting an odd error using this build. I try to change the font for the BBlean bar using styler, and the font changes but then when I go to save the configuration it crashes the styler

tried it with several fonts now

#104 plerner

plerner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Here's where you'll be keeping track of mojmir's build, BBZero.

Has the 64 bit build been posted anywhere yet.

#105 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

Has the 64 bit build been posted anywhere yet.

The installation file within the zip file includes both versions. You have to pick the right one on installation.

#106 plerner

plerner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

The installation file within the zip file includes both versions. You have to pick the right one on installation.

Sorry perhaps I am missing something, where is the zip file?

#107 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Right here http://blackbox4wind...-mojmirs-build/

#108 Salamander3

Salamander3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

Any way to change the separator color in the menu?

There's a session.menu.drawSeparators: 

But you can't really change the colors of said Separators.

#109 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

Any way to change the separator color in the menu?

There's a session.menu.drawSeparators: 

But you can't really change the colors of said Separators.

You can change it in each style file. Look for the entry menu.separator.color and menu.separator.shadowcolor. Syntax varies sometimes from build to build...

#110 Cipher

Cipher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

I seem to be having a few issues with the 64-bit build:

The task bar does not update properly when new windows are created or deleted.

New windows are not added to the task bar or to the bbslit, windows that are in the task bar but are closed are not removed from the task bar until they are clicked on.

Sometimes while minimizing windows, it'll start minimizing them to the bottom left of the primary monitor: http://puu.sh/8kQ4E/4a35bb8d52.png

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit.

#111 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:54 AM

New windows are not added to the task bar or to the bbslit, windows that are in the task bar but are closed are not removed from the task bar until they are clicked on.

Sometimes while minimizing windows, it'll start minimizing them to the bottom left of the primary monitor: http://puu.sh/8kQ4E/4a35bb8d52.png

This is with bbleanbar or a different plugin? I have had no issues on the most recent build. Have you installed blackbox as a shell?

#112 diabol

diabol

Lazyass

• Validating
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

If you run bb on top of explorer it won't get control of most windows (explorer snatches them) - install bb to fix that.

That being said, I did notice that some windows 'disappear' from bbleanbar's list mysteriously from time to time - no clue why (yet).

Tray icons which linger around when the owning application does not clean them up (after a crash for instane) until you at least hover over them is a well known design weakness and affects explorer as much as it affects every other shell (tho we could implement a timer for that and check if they are still owned by something).

However if you mean icons on the bar, like, currently open programs then that's definitely a feature and you didn't see what you thought you saw as long as you thought you saw a bug

• pitkon and Cipher like this

#113 Cipher

Cipher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

Setting BB as the default shell actually fixed everything I had posted about, thanks guys.

• pitkon and diabol like this

#114 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

ugh, so where were we? i need refreshing of my memory :)

#115 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

ugh, so where were we? i need refreshing of my memory :)

LMAO, moj. I think what everyone would like to have is a workable bbleanskin. Everything else works fine with your build.

#116 knowom

knowom

bbMechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

ugh, xp64... i was so sure that there is no one using them :D

okay i will put it in the list of issues.

in theory this could work easily, all i have to do is to compile it with toolset vc110_xp. but in 64bits.

anyway what package are you trying to run exactly?

I still use XP64 haha people love it or hate it lol always been that way not much has changed. I gotta experiment with BB4WIN again at some point a lot of new builds and plugins around it looks like for 64 bit OS's. I think the user base for 64bit has defiantly grown a bit in the time since lost in the box site went down.

#117 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:34 AM

I still use XP64 haha people love it or hate it lol always been that way not much has changed. I gotta experiment with BB4WIN again at some point a lot of new builds and plugins around it looks like for 64 bit OS's. I think the user base for 64bit has defiantly grown a bit in the time since lost in the box site went down.

Not only grown a bit, seems to be the majority now. And I still use XP myself on one of my computers, though it's 32-bit, I'm afraid. Can't live without my bbinterface :D

• knowom likes this

#118 spoot

spoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

Just installed your fork, and boy does it feel nice to be on blackbox again. Awesome stuff so far, thanks for working the 64bit version.

• pitkon and Paz like this

#119 Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

Coming from bbLean 1.16.1 x64 (it works fine on Win 8.1, but bbKeys was not working sometimes), just one suggestion - for menu icons there was a <*> for the default icon of an item (folder icon for folders or ,0 icon in exe). Was very handy :)

Is there also a working blackbox.desktop.DblClick in extensions.rc?

• pitkon likes this

Zeros and ones are everything - execute me!

#120 Mountainking

Mountainking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

Thanks guys. Just registered here and wanted to test a shell alternative for a niche build :)

• pitkon and Paz like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users