shrimpfarmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Is there any fix for this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hm when I disable "Use UTF-8 encoding" in config->misc, the characters display correct here: Posted Image. But the workspace names are still fucked... odd.

#103 firewater

firewater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

Any chance you could look into this? http://blackbox4wind...irewaters-list/

I tried with the latest build on 64bits and it still doesn't work.

#104 Enigma83

Enigma83

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

@ Mojmir: I apologize for "going dark", so to speak, as of late, I've had some personal issues and haven't had time to use my PC. I just recently wiped my HDD and reinstalled 7 from scratch, and sure enough, my previous issue happened again. Exactly the same as before. Your build is really good, the best I've seen. But what I'm experiencing makes it unusable so for now I'm using bbLean. Strangely enough, the issue only occurs with your build. The others work fine.

To recap, BB is freezing up/notresponding when I try to scroll the menus. I've also recently noticed that it only seems to occur when I right click on desktop and go to System > Controls. If I scroll that menu from top to bottom the lockup occurs, but never on any of the other menus. I'm not willing to give up, I'd really like to find a resolution for this.

I also just recently bought a smaller touchscreen ASUS laptop, I have installed Windows 8.1 on it and am going to test to see if the same issue occurs there. I don't think it will. But it also has an Intel graphics card.

Since I have little knowledge of debugging, there isn't much I can do about this. But I do have an activated copy of Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 installed on my PC. I am willing to follow whatever instructions advice you can give. Or even better, I'd like to extend an open invitation for you to remotely access my PC and run VS2013 and whatever other tools you deem appropriate, so long as I retain full control. We can do it via TeamViewer or Skype or whatever you prefer. If you're interested then feel free to PM me and we can arrange a time to get together online. Who knows, we might even find a bug in BB and therein, the solution to my issue. A learning experience for both of us.

Thanks once again!

#105 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

shrimpfarmer> not yet.. patience

enigma83> and what is that pc? okay i can try to debug it remotely, that would be easier... i never done that, but it cannot be that hard. only i will have a small holiday in greece so we will return to that on 20th or so when i return.

#106 Muranasa

Muranasa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

Trying step 1, my entire extentions.rc became completely broken and turned into random unicode:

"ണ戊慬正潢⹸灯楴湯⹳呕㡆湅潣楤杮›牴敵਍"

Trying step 2 after replacing extensions.rc, commenting, removing, or changing from true to false has no effect. Commenting the line out simply produces a new line in the .rc after reset/reconfiguration of bblean. Additionally, menu grips reappeared in my style after the extensions.rc got screwy...

Ok, now I noticed something weird here. So I set UTF-8 to false, and the special character "µ" in utorrent renders correctly, but all kanji shows as ???? (normal). When UTF-8 is enabled it rencodes and breaks the special "µ" in utorrent, and also does not correctly encode the kanji. Why is the "µ" okay and the japanese not? Could there be some character libraries missing or something? :idontcode:

Unfortunately, I am in the same situation in which I am surrounded by alot of unsupported characters (simply put, Japanese Kanji/Kana) and wasn't able to find a solution yet (tried everything suggested in this thread, among other things). 

Don't wanna rush anyone with this, just wanna notify that this is not a single case only.

Thanks very much in advance

#107 Topsy N

Topsy N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

Not sure where I should be posting this.

There seems to be a bug with the way bbzero reads the menu.grip properties for a custom style, I don't know if it's a problem with this specific build (didn't have a problem like this on bblean) or with bbStyleMaker or whatever. I found the problem after designing my own style.

While customising the style colours bbStyleMaker, I observed that I had no way of customizing the properties of the grip bar at the bottom of menus using bbStyleMaker. This didn't bother me, I finished up with my design and proceeded to save it, then restart my compy. For a second bbZero seemed pretty okay, I opened up a menu on the desktop to browse some options, and briefly observed that the menu grip -- a feature that bbStyleMaker couldn't customise -- was totally blank and black (originally it was grey).

Then at some point, bbzero started experiencing crash after crash

After a while I noticed this always happened after I attempted to open any black box menu at all. Whenever I attempted to, the menu wouldn't appear at all save for its successfully rendered shadow, then bbzero proceeded crash.

Recalling the abnormal behavior of the menu grip. I opened up the style file on notepad++ and basically deleted any line that started with "menu.grip" out of pure suspicion and a hunch. Skimming those lines, there didn't seem to be anything strange with them, but I deleted them anyway, then saved the file, and forcibly crashed bbzero just so I could restart it again.

Once it started up again, I opened a menu on the desktop. Lo and behold, no crashes, and it appears just fine.

I don't know what to make of this. I resolved my own problem and don't want to complain, but I feel  someone else should also know about it.

(for reference, this is a picture of my menu after I got rid of the buggy menu grip. Despite deleting every menu.grip line, bbzero seems unfazed)

Posted Image

#108 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

bbstylemaker is not the best way to create styles on BBZero. In fact, bbstylemaker was designed to work only with BBLean 1.16/1.17 so it's a miracle that it doesn't cause any other abnormalities. I use a plain editor (like Notepad) and a color picker to style elements, including menu.grip. No crashes whatsoever :)

#109 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

....Then at some point, bbzero started experiencing crash after crash

(for reference, this is a picture of my menu after I got rid of the buggy menu grip. Despite deleting every menu.grip line, bbzero seems unfazed)....  

Deleting the menu grips from the style will not remove them. You can however, use negative margins and recolor them within a text editor as pitkon mentioned. It's a minor nuisance to a much more stable and compatible build. It's in development, by one guy... and he actually merged some builds and tried something new. So yeah, expect some weird quirks and things to break that have never broken before, but enjoy all those new plugins and features you never had. It's unfortunate you are experiencing crashes, my recommendation is to downgrade to an older version of Mojmirs build. I myself have halted testing newer upgrades at the moment but am still lurking and watching for those updates so I know when I can move on.

I really look forward to testing the new build with bbsearch, for example.

#110 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

Deleting the menu grips from the style will not remove them. 

If you want to get rid of grips, there is an option in the menu: Configuration/Grip on or off.

• xDemonessx likes this

#111 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:53 AM

If you want to get rid of grips, there is an option in the menu: Configuration/Grip on or off.

So there is, awesome thanks!

#112 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:27 AM

So there is, awesome thanks!

You are very welcome :)

#113 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

i just fixed the [insertpath], while i was doing something with menus..

xDemonessx:

"I really look forward to testing the new build with bbsearch, for example."

oh and how do you know about that? :D

• pitkon likes this

#114 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

i just fixed the [insertpath], while i was doing something with menus..

xDemonessx:

oh and how do you know about that? :D

I'm watching the repository on git, of course!

• pitkon likes this

#115 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

yeah, i thought i heard something in the garden while i was hacking in the shed :)

// i mean hacking in the original sense https://stallman.org...on-hacking.html

#116 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:37 AM

Is this the right place for bug reports?

(bbZero_install_1.18.0-33-g2d5c_mojmir)

If I save a style with bbstylemaker, it crashes bbZero. Subsequent attempts to set the style in bbZero will crash it as well. The style file seems to be otherwise normal when viewing it in a text editor.

Here's the offending style file for reference.

Attached Files

#117 crowmag

crowmag

bbDinosaur

• VIP Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

Is this the right place for bug reports?

(bbZero_install_1.18.0-33-g2d5c_mojmir)

If I save a style with bbstylemaker, it crashes bbZero. Subsequent attempts to set the style in bbZero will crash it as well. The style file seems to be otherwise normal when viewing it in a text editor.

Here's the offending style file for reference.

Yeah, I noticed this behavior when I was trying to see what new style syntax there was for bbZero and figured StyleMaker was a good way to find out.

Anyway...

Let me guess, you had Menu Grips enabled in your configuration - right? Well for some reason, bb doesn't like the way StyleMaker writes the menu.grip info. Remove this:

menu.grip.appearance: flat horizontal gradient border
menu.grip.color1: #000000
menu.grip.color2: #000000
menu.grip.foregroundColor: #000000
menu.grip.textColor: #000000
menu.grip.disabledColor: #000000
menu.grip.borderColor: #000000
[color=#FF0000;]menu.grip.borderWidth: 2002026009[/color]
menu.grip.font:
menu.grip.alignment: left

from the style file and try loading the style - even with menu grips enabled you will not get a crash. It may have to do with the line in red (a guess).

By the by, what the heck are these:

menu.indicator.appearance: raised vertical gradient
menu.indicator.color1: #eeeeee
menu.indicator.color2: #cccccc
menu.indicator.textColor: #8d620d

And this doesn't seem to do anything at all:

menu.separator.backgroundColor: #0c1218

• cthu1hu likes this

#118 cthu1hu

cthu1hu

Styler

• VIP Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:08 PM

Yeah, I noticed this behavior when I was trying to see what new style syntax there was for bbZero and figured StyleMaker was a good way to find out. Anyway... Let me guess, you had Menu Grips enabled in your configuration - right? Well for some reason, bb doesn't like the way StyleMaker writes the menu.grip info. Remove this:

from the style file and try loading the style - even with menu grips enabled you will not get a crash. It may have to do with the line in red (a guess).

Thanks for that crowmag. That's definitely it. bbStyleMaker is adding a default borderwidth that's quite huge, and it seems to be a random number. I'm new to the menu grip thing, and don't use it at the moment. It's not really configurable enough for my tastes.

By the by, what the heck are these:

Those are added by bbStyleMaker as well. I don't know that menu indicator is used anymore, but menu separators can be styled if the relevant options are enabled in your menu settings. It's pretty neat - it has a drop shadow, so you can do a bevel effect with your separates.

#119 randompigeon

randompigeon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

Hey guys, everything working smoothly for me on windows 7 64bit. having a bit of difficult trying to get system notifications to come through. Any idea what i could do? I've tried to get some plugins but i think they aren't working cause the plugins are meant for a 32bit build. EDIT: Running 1.18rc2 

#120 xionxinx

xionxinx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:34 AM

I've never been so excited then so frustrated in my life. I have attempted multiple times to download the attached rar and it finishes then says "Failed, Size Mismatch". Any idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users