266 replies to this topic

#81 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationAthens & Nafplio, Greece

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

Launchy - Run apps, ahk-scripts, control panel items, reboot/logoff etc.

Can easily use bbinterface for that :)

[color=rgb(163,163,163);font-family:tahoma, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(39,39,39);]That said, I don't mind you not prioritizing Win8 at all. it's this generation's WinME/Vista. Get it solid on W7 first, then conquer the world.[/color]

Beautifully said...

#82 tordenflesk

tordenflesk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

Can easily use bbinterface for that :)

So BBinterface can: - index start menu shortcuts - index Firefox Bookmarks - index control panel items - open drives/folders - index all .lnk/.exe/.ahk/.msc/.cpl in defined folders ??? How about instead of learning BBinterface and accomplish some of these things I just install Launchy which already does all this and more? But, this is not really related to Mojnir's build so...

#83 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

So BBinterface can: - index start menu shortcuts - index Firefox Bookmarks - index control panel items - open drives/folders - index all .lnk/.exe/.ahk/.msc/.cpl in defined folders ??? How about instead of learning BBinterface and accomplish some of these things I just install Launchy which already does all this and more? But, this is not really related to Mojnir's build so...

Well, you can use ANY launcher, but then it won't be a part of BB's philosophy, right? I mean no color/texture change on each style switch, no toggling with plugins etc. etc. You are right, not directly related to moj's build, so do you think we should continue this in another thread?

• KillingSpree likes this

#84 KillingSpree

KillingSpree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:22 AM

Hey guys so disabling blackboxbar without having another bar loaded caused my blackbox.exe to constantly crash.

#85 pitkon

pitkon

Administrator

• Head Administrator
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:30 AM

Hey guys so disabling blackboxbar without having another bar loaded caused my blackbox.exe to constantly crash.

This shouldn't be happening. You probably found another bug...

#86 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

disabling blackboxbar == unload plugin?

• KillingSpree likes this

#87 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

* modified bsetshell so that it understands command line (-b for blackbox, -e for explorer, -u for current user and -l for logout)

* finished installer 'set as shell' section using the above. tested it a bit.

* fixed bbiconbox and hiding issues (by disabling the 'do not load if hidden' optimization)

Attached File  bbZero_1.18rc3.5.rar   18.75MB   499 downloads

• N3Cr0 likes this

#88 shrimpfarmer

shrimpfarmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

* modified bsetshell so that it understands command line (-b for blackbox, -e for explorer, -u for current user and -l for logout)

* finished installer 'set as shell' section using the above. tested it a bit.

* fixed bbiconbox and hiding issues (by disabling the 'do not load if hidden' optimization)

Posted ImagebbZero_1.18rc3.5.rar

Hey do you know how to make the workspaces work with utf-8? im using "◥" and "◣" but they fuck up. I've enabled config->misc->use UTF-8 encoding but it doesnt affect it.

#89 KillingSpree

KillingSpree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

disabling blackboxbar == unload plugin?

Yes that's what I did. Must have been random though because I can't reproduce it.

#90 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

Hey do you know how to make the workspaces work with utf-8? im using "◥" and "◣" but they fuck up. I've enabled config->misc->use UTF-8 encoding but it doesnt affect it.

the utf8 is not implemented everywhere. maybe i broke it, maybe it was never there. anyways as soon as 1.18 settles down, i'll start working on unicode and drop utf8.

#91 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

Shame on me - haven't tried the Mojmir's build yet... But unicode works well for me in 1.17* stuff, just need to save the *.rc files from out a separate text-editor as Unicode, not a simple text. Did you tried that? (bad idea)

#92 Tsuki

Tsuki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

Hi, I did a search of the site and found nothing explaining how to upgrade from 1.17.1. I want to keep my plugins and config files if possible. How should I go about this?

Thanks in advance!

#93 tordenflesk

tordenflesk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

Hi, I did a search of the site and found nothing explaining how to upgrade from 1.17.1. I want to keep my plugins and config files if possible. How should I go about this?   Thanks in advance!

The short version: 1. make a copy of your BlackBox folder. 2. Install 1.18 3. copy over the plugins and styles folders WITHOUT overwriting anything. 4. copy over all .RC files(blackbox.rc etc.) from the root of the old BlackBox folder to the new. overwrite this time. 5. Go through all the plugin-folders and replace their configs with your old ones.
  • Tsuki likes this

#94 Tsuki

Tsuki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

1. make a copy of your BlackBox folder. 2. Install 1.18 3. copy over the plugins and styles folders WITHOUT overwriting anything. 4. copy over all .RC files(blackbox.rc etc.) from the root of the old BlackBox folder to the new. overwrite this time. 5. Go through all the plugin-folders and replace their configs with your old ones.

I figured it was something simple like that, thank you.

#95 spysiuk

spysiuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

bbiconbox is working great now. Thank you mojmir :thumbsup:

#96 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

Shame on me - haven't tried the Mojmir's build yet... But unicode works well for me in 1.17* stuff, just need to save the *.rc files from out a separate text-editor as Unicode, not a simple text. Did you tried that?

Ive tried opening a few .rc files in notepad++ and re-encoding them,  but have had no luck. From what I can tell Mojmir implimented a different way to draw text which may be causing a double encode and corrupting the unicode. So yeah, utf8 will have to be removed and then hopefully blackbox will have native support for it.

#97 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:06 PM

Ive tried opening a few .rc files in notepad++ and re-encoding them,  but have had no luck. From what I can tell Mojmir implimented a different way to draw text which may be causing a double encode and corrupting the unicode. So yeah, utf8 will have to be removed and then hopefully blackbox will have native support for it.

I'm still not familiar with the Mojmir's build... But hope you're sure for two points:

1) Notepad++ is not an easy way for Unicode (UCS-2 is there but I had no luck for correct process), it's much better to use simple Notepad and save as Unicode, not ANSI;

2) Check your extensions.rc for the string: blackbox.options.UTF8Encoding . It may be true or false -- you may try each of them, but as I remember it's better to comment or delete the string to have no problems with Unicode.(bad idea)

• jschall likes this

#98 xDemonessx

xDemonessx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:15 AM

I'm still not familiar with the Mojmir's build... But hope you're sure for two points:

1) Notepad++ is not an easy way for Unicode (UCS-2 is there but I had no luck for correct process), it's much better to use simple Notepad and save as Unicode, not ANSI;

2) Check your extensions.rc for the string: blackbox.options.UTF8Encoding . It may be true or false -- you may try each of them, but as I remember it's better to comment or delete the string to have no problems with Unicode.

Trying step 1, my entire extentions.rc became completely broken and turned into random unicode:

"ണ戊慬正潢⹸灯楴湯⹳呕㡆湅潣楤杮›牴敵਍"

Trying step 2 after replacing extensions.rc, commenting, removing, or changing from true to false has no effect. Commenting the line out simply produces a new line in the .rc after reset/reconfiguration of bblean. Additionally, menu grips reappeared in my style after the extensions.rc got screwy...

Ok, now I noticed something weird here. So I set UTF-8 to false, and the special character "µ" in utorrent renders correctly, but all kanji shows as ???? (normal). When UTF-8 is enabled it rencodes and breaks the special "µ" in utorrent, and also does not correctly encode the kanji. Why is the "µ" okay and the japanese not? Could there be some character libraries missing or something? :idontcode:

#99 E-xecutive

E-xecutive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

Trying step 1, my entire extentions.rc became completely broken ... Trying step 2 after replacing extensions.rc, commenting, removing, or changing from true to false has no effect. Commenting the line out simply produces a new line in the .rc after reset/reconfiguration of bblean...

I'm awfully sorry, it was my mistake :wallbash: May be I used the tricks to get proper UTF8.

#100 mojmir

mojmir

BB Developer

• Moderators
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

mu (micro) belongs to extended ascii set (128-255), kanji is not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users